“Excellent stay”

Vivanta by Taj Begumpet
Ranked #15 of 332 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 5 days. This is a very new property of Taj in Hyderabad. Overall an amazing experience.

Checkin - Smooth with a welcome drink. They even allowed an early check-in.

Room - New, posh, neat and clean. Fruit basket and a welcome letter was kept for me on my arrival day.

Staff- Most of the staff (around 90%) is young. However, they are nice, friendly and courteous. They even asked me about the options that i would like to have in my mini bar.

Food - Excellent from a taste and service perspective. I tried the 'Thai pavilion' and 'the grill' restaurent during my stay. Also, lot of good options in the breakfast.

Check-out - Smooth with a box of choclates for me.

Travel desk - Good. Arranged a cab for my official visit to the Hi tech city.

Cons -
Wi-fi service too costly (Around INR 200 for an hour)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
VivantabyTajBegumpet, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad, providing excellent stay experience is our reason to be. We are happy to know that you had an excellent stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again, and assure you of our best services and fullest attention at all times.

Jaikant Shroff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,046)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Last evening we had a wonderful time at VIVA restaurant at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet Hyderabad....on valentines day. As we entered they arranged a table for us with a pleasant smile...Its very good atmosphere with mood light with soft live band. And then our journey started with a huge elaborated buffet dinner.....from starters, main course till deserts... it will be a long list if i will text over here....and i forgot to mentioned its with unlimited liquor too. Its great place to spend time with your loved once......In your busy weekly scheduled. Nice food and we got stuffed....Special thanks to Mr. Sagar M. (Food & Beverage dept)..... who guided us about this over the phone and he taken care of all our services...all the best...and will definitely visit again to VIVA.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
VivantabyTajBegumpet, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad for your Valentine's evening. Providing excellent experience is our reason to be. We are happy to know that you had an excellent evening with us . We look forward to welcoming you again, and assure you of our best services and fullest attention at all times.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed there for 4 days and found the security to be really tight. You can access any other floor apart from your own, haven't seen such restricted access anywhere. We were travelling in a huge group and every now and again needed to go to some other floor for some work but that wasn't possible as the room cards had only access to your floor. But however on request the staff activated my card for just one floor. The room was good with pretty much anything a standard hotel would have just few things missing there was no muslim shower which was a big disappointment and the glass wall between the room and washroom gave a very bad impression, don't know what the interior designer was thinking. The staff was the best that could be found anywhere. Breakfast buffet was amazing, tasty food, loved the indian food specially masala dossa and masala chai. Service was good. The wifi wasn't free and very expensive, it should be complimentary. Location is perfect with many shopping areas just 5 mins away. Rooms a practically sound proof but theres not much view outside.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
VivantabyTajBegumpet, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel ,centrally located and near to many shopping places .rooms are very spacious and almost sound proof you cannot hear any road noise even though there r many busy roads around .Front office. Staff do excellent work and all the features r good .overaall excellent rating

Room Tip: Top floor rooms r better
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Traveling for work is almost a fortnightly routine for me. Thus narrowing down on a good hotel (especially when you keep traveling to the same city quite often) is so important. I have stayed in 6 hotels (3-5 stars) in Hyderabad/SecuNderabad, and have to say that Vivanta, Begumpet is by far the best (I have stayed here for more than half a dozen times now!) and mostly so for the following reasons:

1. Staff: People at this hotel always make you feel at home. Service has been always the strong point with all Taj hotels, and this is no exception. Each and every staff is extremely prompt in attending to you proactively. Excellent speed of Check in and Check out processes.

2. Decor: Minimalistic, spotless, and clean designs are extremely soothing after a long days work (or play!!). Rooms, Lobby, Resturants (and even the lifts) are very thoughtfully designed and decorated.

3. Food: I generally tend to have more of 'simple' food during my trips; and the food is always 'simply' brilliant. (Cant say much about exquisite cuisines though! However I am sure they must be good as well!!) What I have to say is that I always get some complimentary cookies, pastries and chocolates in my room, and all of them taste out of the world....I have had the best pastries ever in this hotel. MUST TRY IF YOU ARE STAYING HERE!!

Overall: I would always love going back to this hotel whenever I am in Hyderabad, because of its people, service, rooms, clealiness and food. I must thank Mr. Jaikant, Mr. Soumyo, Mr. Soumen (and many others whom I do not know by name!!) for making my stay more special each and every time!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Room Tip: Rooms on the Road Side have a nice view of the city.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
VivantabyTajBegumpet, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have to admit I do have a soft corner for Taj properties in India.. the level of service is very personalized and they do make the guest feel welcome.

The Vivanta at Begumpet has and truly deserves its star rating.

Warm welcome by the staff, smooth check in.... personalized name tag awaiting your arrival...it's all there at the Taj

The rooms are tastefully decorated... I liked the old style box with mother-of-pearl design containing the tea/coffee maker and other stuff.

Breakfast was very good. The restaurant team really goes out of its way to understand a guest's need. I asked for some specialty tea... and it was there is 5 min!. Somebody also took the trouble to record my taste as I was asked if I would like the same on my next trip.

Great post sales too.. I misplaced my invoice and sent them an email request... a duplicate invoice was in my mail box in a few hours.

Looking forward to coming back!

Congratulations to the Taj team and I think a special congratulations to the Ms Suman management for setting up a great place.

Room Tip: Anything! I think all the rooms are good. View at the rear is nothing great though
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good place to stay for business trips. Good food in the heart of the city. Having a nice gym and privacy is high. Can learn about Hyderabad culture as many locals visit the hotel for some functions. Food price are little bit costlier and able to move with both domestic and international travelers. Staff are trained and there are doing a excellent job.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business