“Bad from start to finish”

Ranked #8 of 20 Tours in Hyderabad
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Peterborough, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Bad from start to finish”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

What can I say, if you don’t want to see Hyderabad then this tour is for you. I can honestly say that this has to be my number one worst tour that I have ever done and I have done a few. Even booking the tickets was a problem. Anyway, the tour runs from 8.30am but it was late leaving so we finally set off at 9am to Birla Mandir just across the road. The guide was allegedly speaking English, well so do I but I can honestly say it was so hard to understand him we were lucky if we even knew where we were. Even other Indian tourists that spoke English could not understand him speaking faster than a machine gun. After 40 mins we then head to a temple not even on the itinerary and not even worth seeing so yet another 30mins wasted. We then head to Nizims Museum nice but not worth the 150 rupees for a camera in such a poorly lit place, anyway, we were rushed around a few key items and quickly back out, next the huge Salarjung Museum, we were so rushed around you could not even stop to look at something as the guide shouted to keep moving because the 35mins we had was spent climbing stairs and sat watching the musical clock strike 12 (no we were not all children) the next nail in the coffin of the tour is a drive past Hyderabad’s main attraction of the Charminar, well that was more like seeing it from a far for a brief second because we didn’t even drive within 500 meters of it. Anyway the final nail in the coffin was the 30 mins to see the 4 palaces of Chowmohalla, most of which I spent explaining to the security guard that the other item in my bag was a lens not a video camera, to which he said I could not use??? The guide doing what they always do when they are pretty useless in India and agreed with the guard as they had no idea of what a digital SLR camera is all about. Anyway we decided to leave after that and go and actually see the sights of Hyderabad on our own rather than continue to not see anything else on such a tight time frame. What was strange was that even though we had no time to see the sights they still manage to fit in a shopping session know doubt to some commission paying shop!

If you do decide to do this tour then take some food as lunch is not until 3.30pm.

The only thing worst that this tour would be paying to sit in a taxi and just drive round Hyderabad and look out the window at the amazing sights from afar and not step out. Arrange a taxi for 8hrs 80km 900 Rupees and go at your own steam and split between 3 people it’s the same price as the tour.

Visited December 2011