“An Underwhelming Experience”

So. The Sky Kitchen
Ranked #725 of 5,698 Restaurants in Hyderabad
Cuisines: American, Asian, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, Contemporary, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Contemporary European and World-cuisine. Probably the best in Hyderabad, India.
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Having read the mostly good reviews, dropped in here with a group of 6. Great ambience, good service but unfortunately, fairly underwhelming food: we had a mix of herbivores and omnivores and tried various vegetarian and non-vegetarian offerings consequently. No preparation was outstanding as such and the food we had was just about above average. Same for the cocktails: as is unusual for Hyderabad, the cocktails (well, the first round atleast) were appropriately mixed. However, the second round onwards, the cocktails gravitated towards the usual Hyderabadi restaurant style of mixing cocktails i.e. excessively diluted or objectionably strong.

Unless I am in the area and have no other option, I dont see myself going back to them.

1  Thank PermVayKayHopeful
There are newer reviews for So. The Sky Kitchen

Reviewed May 30, 2013

An amazing ambience,a perfect place to go to enjoy a romantic dinner with your loved one. We were seated in the corner,so had the best view of hyderabad under lights right ahead of us. Food is expensive and menu is limited. Not many varities for starters and main course. Since I like different cuisines, I liked the veg lasagne, I had ordered and even the paneer starter is worth a try. In the end, its a beautiful place if u wanna spend some quality time alone with ur loved one. Go for the ambience but not for the food.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Restaurant sign says SO FOOD & MORE. In truth it is SO ‘ BAD & MORE’. Highly overrated, this restaurant served us some horrible food. The worst I have eaten ever. I read a review that said ‘Mediocre Food’ – even this is very, very far from the truth – it is horrible food. On a scale of 1-100, I would give this SO a 1 max. I don’t know whether we were unfortunate that night or that is the quality of food they serve always.

The dishes we ordered:

STARTERS: 1. Bay Prawn Tempura – the prawns were almost raw and tasted very bland – I mean absolutely no taste at all even after adding some sauce. 2. Crispy Chicken Wings – They were nowhere near crispy – limp as limp could and absolutely tasteless. This was mentioned to the Steward asking him to pass it on to the Chef.

MAIN DISHES: 1. Chicken Bolognaise 2. Chicken Lasagne, 3. Chicken Crostini and 4. Grilled Chicken Breast. Out of these 4 dishes, only Grilled Chicken Breast was edible. The rest of the dishes were hopelessly horrible. We had to leave more 90% uneaten. Hungry, we thought they could not go wrong with a pizza - we ordered a Galina Pizza – idiots that we were, the result was the same – horrid.

The Beer, Coke and Fresh lime tasted fine. Although it took them eternity to serve them.

Enough was enough and we had to go to another restaurant to satisfy our hunger. I am surprised how this SO is surviving. Lovely view though. I wish them all the best.

1  Thank Sudhir R
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've never really understood why this restaurant is named So, but mind you, you will leave this place with an amazing experience. This beautiful open-air rooftop restaurant is one of my favorite restaurants. The initial menu had been quite limited as compared to what it is today, the items had intrigued me even then, and I'm glad till today that I gave it a shot.

Reasons to visit SO over and again?
- A cosmopolitan melting pot of a menu ranging from European to Asian to fusion cuisine
- A beautiful setting with rustic furniture and overflowing with greenery will just set the mood
- A lovely view of the curving hilly roads below is something you wouldn't want to miss
- Their brownie and poached pear dessert is just amazing!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This has been till now one of the best places i have visited in Hyderabad..! It is a very good option if you want to have a quite dinner with your loved one on a romantic date... Decide on a day when its a little breezy or during the early monsoon days.. you will fall in love with the place and the food... some of the amazing continental dishes are served here... when i went alcohol was not served that time..not very sure of now.. but if they start serving liquor this place will be a hit.. staff is well mannered and helpful.. but you will not get an opportunity to think about all this once you are there... the ambiance offered by the restaurant is spectacular... the conglomeration of food and ambiance is simply superb...!