“Great food even better service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kangan

Kangan
Ranked #2,127 of 5,640 Restaurants in Hyderabad
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Australia
“Great food even better service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Food selection and quality is excellent. I've dined there over a dozen times during two trips to India and never had anything bad. The service is the best I've encountered in India. In particular, Joseph, is an excellent server. He took a personal interest, anticipated my needs, and very friendly. He readily engaged my interest in local cuisine and recommended dishes for me to try. When I returned a year later he immediately recognized me as if I had dined just the night before and asked if I'd like the Dal Makhani again this evening (excellent Dal by the the way). I don't even ask for a menu any more I simply ask Joseph to recommend something and have never been disappointed.

• Visited May 2013

Bengaluru, India
“Dinner @ Kangan”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

While on a business trip to Hyderabad and staying at Westin I visited Kangan. One word "The Very Best in Town" maybe entire country. The decor at Kangan allows the simplistic beauty of the food to really shine with personal touch from Head Chef Rakesh Singh Anand. Yes the Chef's name is very apt - Anand (pleasure) he brings in all of the cuisine he serves. I ordered for Vegeterian sampler (Malai Kofta, Methi Palak Paneer and Dal Makhani with Tandoori rotis). Rakesh took time to stop and ask for feedback, also asked if I had any specific cusine that I would like to try that is not on menu. The restaurant was comfortably full with several groups enjoying both Veg/non-Veg.
The service by Joseph was excellent too, he mad sure that I was not rushed, offered recommendations and when I told him that I left my glasses in the room. He bought 4 different reading glasses to try out. This is the place I would recommend that you all try and make sure that you are not in a hurry and make prior reservation. Lastly, when I complemented Chef Rajesh Singh he was humble enough to mention that he will share the complements with his team.... a true leader and a great Chef... Yes - we should clone Chef Rakesh...

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Sometimes hotel restaurants surprise”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Rarely do you get really good food in a hotel so we were more than pleasantly surprised to enjoy a good meal at the Kangan. In fact we weren't terribly hungry so we opted for a chicken curry in spring onion sauce and a lamb methi, accompanied by black lentils in a tomato sauce, all nicely spiced and not overdone on the chilli. The papadom nibbles were slightly disappointing, some of them resembling prawn crackers and being a bit flabby, but the spicy ones were nice, and the smalls accompanying them good, especially the crystallised papaya. The restaurant is nicely themed with walls of Hyderbadi bridal bangles.

Visited May 2013
Bucharest, Romania
“Very first taste of Indian food”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Being the first time I tried Indian food, I believe the restaurant was more than ok. Requested not so spicy food, and the food was just awesome. I would recommend the Tiger prawn. For the brave ones try the original version with spices.
The staff was great, helpful, always there in case you needed something.
The atmosphere might get a big dull but in any case it is very close to being perfect.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Alin A
Manchester, Connecticut, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service excellence”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My colleague and I dined at this location twice during our recent stay in India. I found the food to be excellent and the service was charming with a keen attention to detail. As a traveler in a distant location, it was welcoming to have servers that shared their passion for the food as well as their country. I hope to go back when my travels bring me to this area again.

• Visited April 2013