“Great location and comfortable place with a few wow factors”

Lemon Tree Premier, HITEC City
Ranked #12 of 319 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed August 22, 2011

It was close to the Hitec city so very little travel. The room was comfortable and had all the expected features of a hotel this class (but nothing above and beyond). The swimming pool on the roof with the moonlight reflecting off it was nice. The Chinese restaurant was great.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Impeccable cleanliness and crisp looking lobby and rooms. Everything gels well and not a single decor overly/under done. Refreshing citrus smell, which smells more original than some imported perfume. Pleasing and caring staff only enhance your experience so far. Yet, one could feel that missing “something” that robs away the Star rating and the price tag.

I believe the moment a hotel crosses the Rs.5000 per night mark, it is in the 5+ Star league and the expectation by any traveller, business or family, goes up by many notches. Hence my comparison and so the comments below, is with the likes of William Penn, Sheraton etc.

Ambience: Impeccable and follows the theme to the letter, from wall to furniture. The yellow might be little too bright, but then it doesn’t stick out. The staff dress also carries the same theme. However its my feeling that it kinda makes them look like the counter staff at KFC or McDonalds, rather from a 5-Star Hotel. Maybe a designer's touch is required to perk it up.
I did feel little claustrophobic between the security check and main glass door. Just too small place to host a body scanning plus a hand-held metal detector sweep.

Rooms: The design and decoration is very simple, elegant and functional. The switches are within reach and lights are bright and good for reading. The television is standard but lacks variety in terms of channels. Given the fact that there are a number of free channels in India and also cable/satellite TV comes very cheap compared to other countries, one would expect more good entertainment channels.

Food: Be it the breakfast or lunch the spread is just wonderful. Having stayed for more than a week, I can safely say that most of the menu repeats, but certainly not at the cost of the taste. The Tomato Basil soup was so superb, I had 3 bowls one night! A smooth weave of South Indian, Continental, North Indian cuisines titillate your taste buds. A la carte might not go well with your purse though. Not to mention the very expensive in-room dining.

Service: Extremely nice staff. From the front desk to the door man to the coffee shop, everyone genuinely want you to have a nice time and pleasant stay. The beauty about dining in a big league hotels is the inconspicuous movement of the table waiters. Yet they appear just when you need some water or milk or juice!! Im thinking Lemon Tree management should plan some training in this direction!

Housekeeping: I did not know that something called “Towel Art” or “Towel Origami” existed until I found every evening, a Ganesha, butterfly, lotus and flowers decorated on my bed by the housekeeping. Credit goes to Mr.Pinto, one of the housekeeping staff. In general they do an impeccable job in maintaining the room clean. They also ensure your things are not moved around while cleaning, which is comendable! Make sure you crumple and throw the towel on the floor as the hotel believes in reusing and hence thinks so if you leave the towel on the bed/hook.

Fitness: Worry not if you have packed few pounds from the uninhibited indulging at the Citrus restaurant. The modest and simple yet functional gym at the 9th Floor helps you take care of that. It has all the required equipments for a Business traveller. More than required for lazy logs like me! It is indeed a thought that occurred to me, that the fitness center has only mirror on one wall and you are facing an odd looking poster while running on the treadmill. A thoughtful gesture, to place fresh towels and free water bottles in the gym. Surprisingly the same water bottles are CHARGED in the restaurant!!

Business Connectivity: This is one department the hotel falls way too short. The internet connection is chargeable to an obscene rate of Rs.150 per hour. Typically premium hotels offer in-room internet, free of cost and some tie it to their rewards program. The Business Center, when I enquired for checking mails, was booked. Though I did not venture again, saved by my Tata Photon! However, one wonders how much space/money it would take to throw in 10 simple, cheap PC with an LCD screen together for a free Business Centre and add it to the brochure!!?

Summary: It’s a really good hotel to stay. But not quite justifying the price tag. When you stay at a star hotel, a lot of things come as compliment. Making you feel really special. A basket of fruits, Fresh flowers, condiments, a Spa treatment, sight-seeing etc, is just to name a few. Im guessing “Raving Fans” needs to be made a Must-Read for all hospitality sector personnel!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank balajivb
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I truly believe the hotel is valu for money and beyond. The experience the staff makes you feel you at home. The management team is flexible and will take care of the guest

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
AruniRay, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, HITEC City, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fabulous comments about your stay at Lemon Tree Hotels. We are proud that we could rejuvenate you every day and that our team made your stay so memorable.

We plan well to add a twist to your stay…every time. Come back soon to Lemon Tree Hotels and be embraced by our signature lemon fragrance, a cheery smile and perhaps a vibrant ambience.

We look forward at giving you many more memorable experiences.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Lemon Tree exceeded my expectations in all parameters. Food quality, room service, room appearance, furniture......you name it and it was awesome. All employees were knowing their job very well and they were up to the mark. They are correct, India needed 4-star hotels and they have bridged the gap nicely.

Room Tip: In this hotel, any room is good as the area is pretty decent and quite!!!!

Reviewed August 1, 2011

I loved the stay there and would love to be back. The staff are real professionals and couteous.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 7, 2011

On my first business trip I stayed at Novotel and on my second trip I stayed at Lemon Tree. Next time I'll stay at Lemon Tree again. The hotel is sharp, clean, and modern. The rooftop pool is exquisite, private, and inviting for adults (Novotel's pool felt like it was for families). Lemon Tree's rooms were great. A few thing I really enjoyed about Lemon Tree over Novotel:
You can easily walk off the hotel grounds. In Novotel, with it's long drive way I felt trapped. The area around Lemon Tree isn't that interesting or pedestrian friendly, but at least you can wander around on your own in the evening.
Many of the guests at Lemon Tree were Indian travelers. Hey, I just flew around the world, do I really want to have breakfast in a room full of other white business guys every day? I could be in South Carolina for all I can tell and I could have saved myself 20hrs of traveling. While Lemon Tree and Hyderabad is far from a cultural visit to India, at least being among Indian travelers reminds you of where you are.
The staff at the Lemon Tree restaurants were friendly and approachable. At Novotel, everyone was extremely polite, but also very reserved.
The reason Lemon Tree only got three stars from me this time, was poor service from the front desk staff. On check out the manager asked me about it, listened thoughtful to my experience, gave me a small gift as an apology, and promised to address the issues. My main issue was the front desk seemed compelled to tell me they would help in five minutes even when it's going to be more like hours. The back story is that the day I checked in, the hotel was at 100% capacity. As a result the front desk was overwhelmed, but no one told me this. Instead everything was "five minutes sir" Check-in was slow, broken internet took 6 hrs to fix, a 110V adapter took four hours, but I was stuck waiting around expecting it to show up at any minute. After that the front desk was good except there were several mistakes on my bill.
I do believe they'll work through these issue and that my issues were expectional due to the 100% capacity. I'll be back - the room, pool, and food were too good not to give them a second chance.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank qhawkins

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your concern for front desk services, needless to say, we have been working on the same and assure you the best of our services, always.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

lemon tree at IT park hydrabad was 35 min drive from airport. nice place with good options of breakfast. rooms were also good. staff was cooperative. ac was not working properly in my room (409).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback on the functionality of the air conditioning in the room, the same has been looked into and rectified. We assure you of our best services, always.