“Good!”

Ranked #30 of 316 Hotels in Hyderabad
Bengaluru, India
“Good!”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed there only for a night and is a place we would definitely recommend.
They gave us an early check in at no extra cost.
We also asked if we could have our complementary buffet on day 1 and they obliged.
Right from the bookings office to the staff in the front office, the coffee shop and room service were all courteous and helpful!
It is close to a commercial shopping road and has everything from atm to mc 'd located near it.
We got a good deal on the hotels website itself.
Great hotel in Bangalore, ticked all the boxes for us!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mercure Hyderabad Abids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We visited Hyderabad as a weekend getaway. Our requirement was hygiene, a brandname (so that we can trust them with our credit cards) and buffet-breakfast. We had no use of a swimming pool and did not want to pay for it. A gym would have been nice to use. There was no need of stunning views as the idea was to spend most of the time sight-seeing.
Let us discuss how the hotel actually fared on the expectation list.

Hygiene: We had no complaints regarding hygiene and cleanliness.

Brandname: Does justice to its brand promise. Reasonable city hotel. We used our credit card and no ghost transactions till today (more than a month after we checked out).

Buffet breakfast: To our shock, it was a vegetarian affair. Once we got over the unpleasantness (veg-food is not our forte), we started appreciating the taste of the veg-spread. It was a tasty vegetarian affair with variety. So once you bake the expectation in, buffet-breakfast is a plus-point for this hotel.

Swimming pool: The hotel satisfied us by not having a pool.

Gym: Not much to talk about. Tucked in a musty/smelly basement. I did not feel like using it. Some yoga-exercises in the room seemed like a better alternative.

View: We did not go looking for a view and the hotel did not surprise either. It is right in the middle of crowded city and you look into walls and roofs of neighbouring buildings. No great shakes.

Overall, it was a satisfactory stay within our expectations.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms get noise of furniture scrapping above if the hotel is arranging any gathering...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

I went to this hotel as it is relatively close to railway station and centrally placed.

The hotel is very well decorated. The ambiance is nice. Rooms are spacious.

Staff was courteous and helpful. Foodies good however more variety could have added more fun.

Hotel is located in crowded area. There is not much to see outside the window. It is also far from airport.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I booked this hotel for my bridal party which consisted of 20 guests and I had the worst experience ever! When I checked the first guest in the staff had made an error with my booking and the manager was so rude and condescending towards me despite the error being made by Mercure Abids. The managers “pompous” attitude further rubbed me the wrong way when he accused me of being wrong in spite of the booking form clearly stating what I was entitled to. I have been to many other hotels and the managers go out of their way to make customers feel comfortable and satisfied but this idiot kept on saying that he was going to charge me for something I didn’t agree to. He was also being a smartarse when he tried to throw in a free breakfast….the breakfast only costs 1 Rupee so his generosity didn’t fall far from his poor attitude.
The service at this hotel was absolutely abysmal and the staff were totally incompetent. There were several incidences where I kept on telling them to either clean the room, move a rollaway bed or an error was made when ordering room service. I continually had to ask the staff two or three times to do their job. It was getting ridiculous and embarrassing especially in front of my international guests. It’s like they have never been trained before, it takes them ages to do something.
Our guests where entitled to drinks and welcoming fruit bowl on arrival and those never came until we kept asking them over and over again. They never replenish any of the toiletries, fixtures and fittings were also falling apart. Countless mistakes and errors, towards the end I didn’t bother asking for anything because I knew it either wouldn’t happen or it would be done incorrectly.
On the day of check out the bills where totally muddled up and the names of each guest were also messed up. It literally took five hours of standing at the front desk to sort out the bill. They had overcharging us several times over.
I was very distressed and upset staying at this hotel particularly the way the manager treated me. No respect what so ever.
For someone who booked ten rooms, including a junior suite room and having platinum status I was treated very poorly. I would never stay at Mercure Hyderabad Abids again, and in my opinion I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Anand, India
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at Mercure Hyderabad. Room was neat and clean. Pure veg. Restaurant. Brake fast and buffet dinner was very good. The service was excellent. Front desk greeted customer in excellent manner.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This is an excellent pure vegetarian Hotel, in Central Business District, Abids, at Hyderabad.
The Rooms are excellently laid out, which can match superior Five Star Hotels. The service was excellent, with highly efficient Central Airconditioning
The break-fast, though with limited Items, was quite adequate. However though, a piece of advice to Owners, (i) the Fruits served in breakfast were a hotch-potch of various fruits in a large Bowl - separate bowls for separate fruits would be more welcome, (ii) the cut pieces of cucumber in Salad Trays, were "Bitter". However the Chef promptly removed from Salad Bar.
This reflected the responsiveness of the Management.
On the overall, a decent clean, hygienic and decent layout and furnishings in the Room.

Room Tip: Specify while Booking, if One needs smoking Rooms, they being limited to One Floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very pleased with the stay. Very comfortable, clean, good service and nice food in the restaurant. (Only negative: I can't believe that they charge you for wifi in a 4-star hotel (I've stayed in many MUCH cheaper hotels where it was free). And then on top of that, the connection was pretty poor. But that is really the only negative.)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank mrreijns
GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the (I) Mercure Hyderabad Abids. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I have shared your comments with our IT team and from now on ,we have decided to offer 01 Hour WIFI Complimentary .