“Great experience and decent price”
Review of Royalton Hotel

Royalton Hotel
Ranked #29 of 313 Hotels in Hyderabad
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Great experience and decent price”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I went to Hyderabad for a business trip. I booked my hotel and airport pickup only one day in advance. Still the price they charged me was decent. 3300 INR including tax for a double room. Went i came out of the airport a taxi was waiting for me, and i also hired there taxi service for all those three days. One word, Excellent. The chauffeur was very modest and fluent in English, and as he noticed i was interested in photography, he slowed down the car when i was clicking.

Stayed there for 3 nights. Check in took 2 mins and check out same. I was in a rush while checking out, so didn't even look at the bills that time, and later when i did, no errors.

Room service good and efficient. Although the rooms are supposed to be non smoking, seeing me come down to smoke, they voluntarily allowed me to smoke in my room.

The room had wooden floor, different space for the baggage.

The food was yummy.

Location v good.

Only drawback no free wifi and only veg food served.

But definitely coming back here,

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Zamil1991
GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hotel, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Pramod Dashora
Mercure Hyderabad Abids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 12, 2012

had a 6 day stay and it was cozy as it could..wonderful veg breakfast buffet, huge rooms, walk in closet, mirror finish clean bathrooms and such friendly and prompt staff.
overall m going to stay there again :))

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
GM-Mercure, General Manager at Royalton Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Hyderabad Abids. It is always a pleasure to receive genuine positive feedback and will serve as an encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Chennai, India
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The staff are warm, friendly and helpful. The rooms are excellent. Location is very good. While the hotel has class, the neighbourhood is cramped with markets. Food is good (veg only), bed comfortable and rooms are well lit. Housekeeping is prompt and efficient. Wifi is an issue many have pointed out but it costs Rs 499 for 24 hours, amongst the lowest I have seen in hotels that charge. I just disliked the towels at this hotel: they looked so overused (clean of course) and rough. This is something the hotel can fix and should do so immediately. The SPA lacks class but lists outrageous charges.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Pramod Dashora
Mercure Hyderabad Abids
Mumbai
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was driving from Mumbai to Bhubaneswar via Hyderabad and I had planned my halt at Mercure. I checked in at 2:15 AM on 26th July. I had been driving for 14 hours non stop and had reached Hyderabad at wee hours . AS i drove my car into the hotel, I was evidently greeted by a cheerful staff all the more willing to take my car into the valet parking, which I happily obliged.

My room was pre-booked, hence all it took was 5 mins(or less) and I was handed over keys of my room. Tired and worn off I dragged myself to the Standard King Bed room I had booked.My luggage was taken care of by the hotel staff.

The room was very tastefully done. Speaks in quantum and should out loud the Accor quality. Fully wooden flooring, separate luggage and closet area, neat clean 5star level bathroom!

The room was huge and the price I paid for it seemed meager.

Bed was fluffy and was loaded with 6 cushy pillows, all ready to soak you into a wonderful sleep and so I did.

This hotel serves veg food only. Little pricey but taste is awesome. If you want non-veg, you have to order it from either Hyderabad House( I am not a big fan of their food) or McDonalds which is a minute's walk near by.

Breakfast was king sized and mouth watering, make sure you dont miss it even though it was veg.

The only downside is the location(centrally located but in a street) and you dont get good view from your room. It really dint matter for me, cause my curtains were down throughout my stay.

I checked out on 27th evening and they gracefully extended my check out time by 3 hrs i.e from 12pm it was taken to 3:30 pm :).

Wifi is paid and is pricey. Make your own arrangements for that.

Other than that, this property gets a thumbs-up from me , and definitely will stay here when I visit next to Hyderabad.

Cheers! TOTAL VALUE FOR MONEY !

Room Tip: Room No.303 !!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dehradun, India
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Complemantry dinner and Free Wifi should be extended to the guest. Otherwise a very good hotel for business travellers. Early check in and late check out should be extended to atleast to frequent guest.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank shubham23
GM-Royalton, General Manager at Royalton Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2016
Dear Guest

Greeting from Royalton Hotel, Hyderabad.
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Royalton Hyderabad Abids. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team and I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Royalton Hyderabad Abids
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I was here for my sister's wedding, we had booked the whole hotel for the same. The staff was extremely helpful. The manager didn't hesitate for a second to replace the lost keys as the kids were constantly losing them. The rooms were in top-notch condition. The beds were really comfortable and the lobbies clean. The buffet hall was huge. The food was okay. The housekeeping needs to be improved a little bit. But overall it was an awesome experience. I would recommend anyone coming here to try this place for a stay at reasonable prices.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

New Delhi, India
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at this hotel a couple of days back..
Overall a great experience... its Total Value for Money!!
located bang in the heart of the city... very convenient for sightseeing as well as shopping..
check-in was smooth and quick... rooms are brilliant- they are huge, furniture n fittings are all new and modern, toilets are big and clean.. basically it is way beyond what your are paying !
i found the breakfast very average.. service was very poor as the restaurant where the buffet was, was full and there were just two people to refill the dishes and clean the tables.
it is a complete vegetarian hotel, and this added to my list of pros since i am a vegetarian. Anyways there are loads of non-veg options nearby and thus that problem is not there.
The two nights i spent here were great, got a perfect sleep due to the fabulous beds, and i would definitely like to stay again in this property next time i am in Hyderabad.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family