New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 302 Hotels in Hyderabad
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Sublime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Often one is set up for disappointment when prior stories and recommendations are so good...but the Taj Falaknuma Palace exceeded all expectations! Extremely professional staff with exactly the right degree of friendliness, wonderful room, great food, history galore and a magnificent spa. Overall the experience was simply sublime in every respect! My only gripe was the extra charge for internet access but the GM assures me this is being addressed at the highest level and is only still in place due to existing contracts with 3rd party suppliers. This is a MUST for anyone travelling in India...and I will return soon!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
9 Thank Anton M
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, August 19, 2014

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Falaknuma Palace ,I would like to share our monsoon experiences offer if you email us on falaknuma.hyderabad@tajhotels.com.

I’m also delighted to share exciting news with you. We have been awarded with three more prestigious accolades, adding to our existing enviable list.The Taj Falaknuma won the Best of Best Hotels 2014 by Robb Report. Travel + Leisure India & South Asia’s India’s Best Heritage Hotel Awards 2014. We were also bestowed with the Gold E award of Excellence and recognized as World’s Best Hotel (2014). ENTRÉE, is a privately published high end monthly traveller newsletter, which is dedicated to the discovery of special places for the discerning and sophisticated travellers. And last but not the least we have also been voted as the Favourite Indian Heritage Hotel in India by Outlook Traveller Readers, 2013.

Taj Falaknuma Palace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My profession enables me to sit on various awards adjudication committees.In one such committee, earlier on in the year, dealing with HR and business we decided to give the Award in the services category to Taj Group of Hotels.This was not without some vigorous discussion among seven leaders of the profession,ferociously independent minded.The key arguement against it was that they have not invested enough in new properties.I wish all members had seen Taj Falaknuma Palace.

My wife and I visited it this weekend.It is an utterly out of the world place.Shaped like a scorpion, it, like all similar structures of the times, is perched on a high hill like elevation.We alighted from the car,at the gate, to mount a horse drawn buggie.When we alighted in front of the palace a new world awaited us.In the Hyderabad early-June heat we were greeted by the Asst Front office Manager complete with wet towel,aromatic drinks and ofcourse,the shower of rose petals and with rose water sprinkled. It was cheerfully delivered and a warm welcome lead us to the reception in what used to be Nizam's room,which in turn lead to a Library shaped like it is in Buckingham Palace,with a collection so rich and well preserved that it simply cannnot be replicated.A blow by blow account of our initial encounter with this Palace turned into Hotel is, impossible. Even the Archeological Survey of India could take a leaf or two out of this experience.With nearly fifty rooms and two restaurants,not to talk of spa,swimming pool,billiards room and much else that would go into any modern Hotel I had before me a version of heritage brought to life not only by deligent HR intervention but a re-creation of aspects of HR from late nineteenth century

If the decor was highly European, because that is how it was originally conceived,their mediterrranean restaurant offered authentic cuisine.Consider what we had for lunch on the first day:Amuse:Costini of Guacamole and tomato relish,lettuce wrap of olive tapenade,mango basil soup;Salad: roasted beetroot pure,poached plum,Philadelphia cheese,cucumber rolls and sesame glass noodles with organic lettuce;Mains:duet of Chillies and pasta;steamed fish oriental infused with sauteed vegetables and herb raosted potaoes;Dessert:Chef's selection of sorbets.

We would have had more, if we could!! It was truly like being below the sky!!!Falaknuma is the name!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites offer the best choice of sitting out on two flanks of verandah or a suite with aircond...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Vinayshil_G
chandigarh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Me &my wife stayed at this majestic palace from 14th to 16th june.
The check in was smooth..rooms, room service was excellent thanks Michael. Food at the indian restaurant was too good. Thanks Samnaresh.
A surprise farewell was too much appreciated..thanks pushpendra.
Memorable stay...
A hearty big thanks to Mr Girish...

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank kapilas
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, July 7, 2014

oxfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

WOW! My husband and I booked for afternoon tea on the terrace after reading all the wonderful reviews on this Taj owned hotel. We were not disappointed. It was truly like stepping back in time 200 years. We were shown to our terrace table with the city of Hyderabad laid out before us in the distance. We were the only guests so we had the place entirely to ourselves. Tea was served with much pomp and ceremony - the waiter took the teapot away after pouring us each a single cup - when I asked if he would mind leaving the pot his response was "No madam, the tea will infuse too long and become undrinkable - I will replenish just as many times as you need." And indeed, he did, I think we had four cups each in total! The pastries and sandwiches we had would have put the London Ritz to shame - so delicately made and tasting superb. We were offered replenishment of all the food - which we declined. After tea we were given a personal tour of the palace (only the areas that were open to non-residents) - but this did not matter, we saw everything we wanted to see - all amidst the floral scent of roses, whose incencse burned in every room. If you visit Hyderabad and you miss this rare gem - it would be a very sad thing. Not open for casual visits - you have to book in advance - and I urge you do. We are going back in August to stay for three nights and I CAN'T WAIT - to be treated like royalty in an authentic Nizam's palace - what's not to love?!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank foxycroxy
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, August 16, 2014

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent visit with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your visit with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

We hope you have your booked the resevations with us on falaknuma.hyderabad@tajhotels.com
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for a memorable stay.

Noida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Went to the Faluknuma on 26th June with a group of friends, blocked the Adda for dinner and palace tour at 7.00pm. We were promised tour with a palace historian - at the appointed time there was no historian but a staff from TAJ who was the guide for a group of 25 people. This group was too huge in size for one lone guide. Please do note that cameras are not allowed in the palace.
The dinner at Adda was overtly priced, and the food very average- not at all premium in nature. The alcohol is also expensive but guess this is the price that you need to pay for a heritage property. Overall a one time visit, would not go there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank shameel_sham
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace.

At the outset, please allow me to apologize for the experience that you had during your last visit at the Palace, and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, which has helped us strengthen our processes to ensure that we meet every expectation of all our guests visiting the Palace.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the cuisine at our Hyderabadi restaurant Adaa, which we have shared with our Executive Chef. I would like to share with you that as an attempt to maintain history of the Palace, in our kitchens we pride ourselves to serve the original recipes from the Palace kitchen and attempt not to alter them, however if there are any specific feedback that you would like to share, we would be delighted to receive the same and see how we can incorporate it. With regards to the liquor pricing, all the liquor served at the Palace is imported, and the tax structure in the state for imported liquor is among the highest in the country, this does make our selected liquor more expensive.

Thank you for your feedback on the Palace guided tour, we have taken your feedback, and going forward we’ll ensure that if there are large number of guests in a tour we have the same broken in two groups. We would also look at further training to ensure that all associates are able to give our guest the feel that they are getting the desired quality attention.

Taj Falaknuma Palace prides itself in ensuring that all our guests have a stellar experience and clearly we have fallen short of it on this occasion. I would however request you to please treat this as a solitary incident, and I sincerely do hope that this does not mar the overall impression you hold of the Palace and, that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back, and experience the palace at its best. I would like to assure you that the team and I will ensure that you have a flawless and a memorable experience. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back.

In the meantime if there is anything else that you would like to share, please do write to me on tfpgm.hyd@tajhotels.com .

Warm regards,

Kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Wow...u r transported to another world. A world of an era gone by . As if u are witnessing history. Beautiful property. Immaculately maintained. Each n every nook n corner seems to narrate a story. U will feel like royalty. Words r not enough to describe this property. Just go and visit history........

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Rajesh69agarwal

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Beautiful palace hotel; located on the outskirst of the city, hence more suitable for tourists. Airport to hotel: 30 minutes; hotel to city centre:30-45 minutes.

Nice welcome; with an initial ride on a horse carriage from the hotel entrance to the lobby, and golf carts thereafter. Excellent period furniture, extraordinary 100 seater dining table, and miscellenoeus heritage allows for a 30 minute walkabout with the resident historian. Peacocks in the gardens.

About 60 well appointed rooms, good airconditioning, great bathrooms. Need to walk in the open air to the lobby/restaurants. Great city views from the restaurant.

Over enthusiastic service; decent food quality.

Check the weather and visit before the hotel comes apart (as it is difficult to maintain).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business