Taj Falaknuma Palace
Tarak Inn Hotel(Hyderabad)
Hotel Rajdhani(Hyderabad)
Tanisha Hotel(Hyderabad)
View Hotel
All reviewsrose petalshorse drawn carriagehigh tearoyal experiencesufi musicjiva spagol bungalowjade roomvenetian chandeliersdining tableindian restaurantentire citymoment you arriveguided tourevery eveningmain gatehyderabadi cuisine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Excellet hotel. You are treated like a royal in a palce.

They have a great location which overlooks Hyderabad - you can enjoy breakfast while looking over your empire. The rooms are excellently redone and offer great luxury. The Taj service all visible at every corner and all your needs are taken care of. They also have a pool and a fitness centre.

A place which cannot be described in words - has to be experienced. Make sure you visit it once in your lifetime!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was lucky to have a one night stay at the Palace, from entry (on horse chariot) to exit everything taken care off really well... that personal touch given, on very small to big things which makes you feel special and royal.

Experience this royal treatment atleast once in your lifetime I would say.

Room Tip: They have the normal rooms, presidential suites that face the garden, face the pool, each room has a good view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leens378
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Words are too less to say the experience.received at the gates,transferred to a horse carriage.a five minutes ride through the palace grounds,received again with the best house made welcome drink.was lead the way with a huge person carrying a board from the time how the nizam entered the palace, wow, very hard to describe.... The lobby with all the marble fountains, the huge library with heavy paintings. The room was so great n huge, with everything in the room a person needs. The bath was extremely huge and well equipped with gold plated showers and a huge bath tub, for the prince and princess . A floral bath, then a perfumed bath.the best breakfast, in bed, wow so much to eat in all silver plated utensils. The dining table to seat 101 people at a time, with a dance floor next to it.the food was excellent, with a kawali in the evening.what more, a ride in the jaguar car through the charminar.had a shower of flowers on leaving, to be greater at the airport by the hotel people to do the checking formalities. ....just waiting for my next trip

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Planning a visit to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for lunch means take time, travel at ease and plan your day. There are two restaurants inside the palace and advance booking is necessary. My choice is the Italian joint-Celeste. The food, service, interiors are all very intricate, detailed and such a lovely experience. Travel by a cart to the main entrance and one can see the splendour of the city from a height. One can choose from the expensive wine list, cigars and food list but it is just the overall experience which makes the ordinary extra ordinary. One can make a small tour of the palace(limited to the ground floor for visitors) after lunch and reconnect with ancient culture and history of the Nawabs. Do give it a try as the experience forms a great memory.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent visit with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your visit was a memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We are glad to read that overall your dining experience was a pleasant and enjoyable one. Thank you also for your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

I’m also delighted to share exiting news with you Taj Falaknuma Palace recently has won the CNBC AWAAZ Travel Award 2013 for BEST LUXURY HOTEL CATEGORY in India also has been voted as the Asia’s Number 1 Hotel and Best of Best’ Top 5 hotels across the World in Conde Nast Traveller’s Reader’s Travel Awards – 2012, and as a runner’s up Best Overseas Holiday Hotel in Asia, and as among the Top 40 hotels in the World in Conde Nast Traveller’s Reader’s Travel Awards – 2012

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable holiday

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.

Warm regards,
Girish Sehgal

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Full marks to the Tatas Taj group for restoring this beautiful palace. Though, in todays world, one would be quite critical of the opulence and lifestyle of the Nizam, this magnificent piece of architecture and workmanship certainly amazed me and my hosts. We had been booked for a dinner at the Indian Restaurant. The experience is amazing.
The food at Adaa, was extremely delicious.
The service a little overbearing to my liking though.
While Id love to stay here, the few thoughts that went through my head were:-
It was a little lonely, and Id advise travelling in a group.
Experience dining out on the far terrace with a breathtaking view of the city. But request them to take care of the mosquitoes before they take care of you.
Photograpy inside was not permitted and that was a pity . Requested that flashless photography be permitted, but they did say it wasnt allowed.
A must for anyone wanting to have a peek into the life style of the Nizams.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

We also thank you for your suggestions with regards to the mosquitoes control, however please be assured that our pest management services has taken up spraying and cutting of grass around the Palace and this has been brought in control.

Let us share with you some more interesting information about the Palace.

The restoration has almost took ten years, and the Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces has infused new life into the Falaknuma Palace, which is ready to resume its status as Hyderabad’s most exclusive address to offer its guests a glimpse of the regal lifestyle of the Nizams who governed the legendary city of Hyderabad. After 10 years of extensive restoration, and preserving the priceless art and artifacts, Taj Falaknuma Palace now welcomes guests – completely restored, renewed and reinstated to its former glory.

If I can be of any assistance in the meanwhile please do let me know.