Taj Falaknuma Palace
Stay Inn(Hyderabad)
$31
$30
Orbitz.com
All reviewsrose petalshorse drawn carriagehigh tearoyal experiencesufi musicjiva spagol bungalowjade roomvenetian chandeliersdining tableindian restaurantentire citymoment you arriveguided tourevery eveningmain gatehyderabadi cuisine
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2013

A Palace is a palace, from outside appearance to inside guest services. It was my first time to Hyderabad and so far my best hotel experience around the world. I travelled with a group of friends for a leisure trip. Despite the fact that I got the smallest room, I still felt unexpectedly satisfied about everything. There was always more than enough bottled water (this is really important cause we all know that tap water in India is not safe for drinking). The decoration is elegant yet cozy to make you feel comfortable to sleep. But the best part is the mirror walled bath tub which allows one to indulge into a prince/princess dream.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank SinyingN
TajFalaknuma, Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful and detailed review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We are glad to read that overall your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. Thank you also for your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

I’m also delighted to share exiting news with you Taj Falaknuma Palace recently won the prestigious Travel + Leisure India’s Best Heritage Hotel Award 2013 and The Best Spa Interiors award 2013 (Hotel & Resort) by Geospa AsiaSpa India Awards. We have also been awarded the Certificate of Excellence 2013 for consistently earning high traveler ratings by travelers, and also have been featured among the Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the Trip Advsior’s Travelers Choice Awards 2013.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable holiday

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The Taj Falaknuma in Hyderabad is an actual palace which used to belong to the Nizam of Hyderabad. As expected, the Taj has done a marvelous job in restoring the property to it's original splendour.

Not every one can access the property and the only way in is to have a reseravtion. The hotel itself is like living in a palace with beautiful architechture and artifacts that used to belong to the Nizam. From the inner cortyard you can see one half of the hotel looks like Buckingham Palace and the other the White House.

The restaurant is outstanding and the Hyderabadi food is fit for a King.

Truly an experience.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Bharucha,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Before I start showering praises on this place, let me tell you that we're no strangers to luxury opulent places and we would rate this place as one of the finest. The ambiance, food, amenities, rooms, spa and most importantly the staff is immaculate.
It all starts with your own Butler who is waiting for you at the baggage belt of the Airport to help you with your bags. You are then escorted in the hotel Jaguar to the entrance gates of the palace. This is where you will be transported back in time and you will have your own horse chariot which takes you to the main palace. Your arrival at the palace is marked by a flag bearer who escorts you to your room while being showered by flower petals from the upper floors. Your room will be marked in flower designs and waiting there will be your personal staff, who will host you throughout your stay. There are no front desks or reception counters in this hotel. Everything is done in the comfort of your room. If you are one of those who feel all this is a bit too tacky, do remember that Taj always wishes to recreate the grandeur that the royalties experienced back then.
We went there with our son who had just turned one and that was the highlight of our stay of what extent they went to make him feel comfortable. Our room was baby proofed for his safety and equipped with all the necessary items for his stay including bottle sterilizers, baby cot, changing table and even a microwave to warm his milk. The bathroom was also complete with baby toiletries, bath-toys, a toilet training seat and his own little bathrobe. There was also a nanny on standby in case we needed one and a special menu by the chef just for infants. Those who have traveled with babies will know just how difficult it is to find a baby friendly hotel. But Falaknuma comes out with flying stars. And oh yes as part of the grand royal welcome, he even got a toy sword and a horseback ride which our little one thoroughly enjoyed
The experience doesn't stop there, there's a lot to do just in the hotel itself. You must try the Adaa for the local cuisine or the Celeste for Italian. Even local Hyderabadis flock to the 2 restaurants at Flaknuma for its authentic Hyderabadi and Italian foods, so reservations are necessary. The evenings are best enjoyed with the Qawwali, a local folkmusic over drinks.The spa has some exotic treatments on its menu or if you prefer to keep to your room, they will fix you with a nice soaking bath. The palace tour is one not to be missed with a glass of champagne as the hotel historian walks you through the palace and shows you all its treasures. The palace gardens have 2 pools, some water bodies for the wildlife and lots of lookout spots for peacocks which flock in great numbers.
Value wise if you ask me, I'll say its expensive but worth your money. Always remember that for every $ you spend in the palace hotels of India almost 80% goes only for the upkeepment of these heritage sites. You should view this as your contribution to preserve world heritage while getting a nice comfortable holiday in return. Without the tourist $'s, these properties would have rotted away just as the case was with the Falaknuma which had turned into ruins before Taj along with Princess Ersa turned it around.
Even after 10 years of renovation by the princess herself, Falaknuma is still improving and it will be interesting to see how the already opulent product turns out further. This is one place to watch out for as going further its likely to be elevated to the status of the Lake palace or Umaid Bhavan.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank nachiketp1

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Definitely the most amazing hotel property in Hyderabad; should be top 2 or 3 in all of India and one of the finest in the world. We are posted to Hyderabad for a work assignment and have been here at least four times, including once for an office holiday party, where the food was quite bad. Everybody at our table, in fact, sent back their entrees because the problems were so obvious. But I've also had excellent meals there, as have many friends. I can't give a perfect review because of the one glaring instance. But do not miss this place. My advice is to go for a late afternoon high tea sometime when the weather is not blazingly hot (August through Feb). Arrive late afternoon, wander the grounds, enjoy the tea, then wander the grounds at dusk. Incredible.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank badgeridaho
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

We are glad to note that overall you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and we did notice that some of the attributes we have not been able to meet your expectations fully. Specifically, please do accept our sincere apologies for the discomfort caused to you on due to the unacceptable quality food. I have taken up the matter very seriously with our Food and Beverage Manager as well as the Training Manager and please be assured that we’ll ensure that corrective measures are taken to ensure that such an incident does not reoccur again.

Girish Sehgal

Reviewed May 9, 2013

They make you feel like royalty. You live in a palace, in beautiful rooms with more amenities that you can imagine. The food is incredible (we only ate at the Indian section of the hotel). But the most memorable is the service. The staff is trained in some of the best hotel management schools in the world, and you'll be treated as if you were a head of state.
One hint: try to arrive in nice clothes: the carriage ride and shower of rose petals is best enjoyed when you are not wearing jeans and a Tshirt!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple