“A fairytale experience”

Ranked #3 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Geneva, Switzerland
“A fairytale experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Although we stayed in this beautiful, authentically restored palace hotel in January 2012 (over a year ago), our experience here was so magical and unique that I am compelled to write an albeit belated but well-deserved review.
From the moment we arrived by horse-drawn carriage in the middle of a misty, quiet night to the day of our departure, we savoured every memorable sight, sound, scent...
Some of my favorite memories: although this hotel is steeped in formal history, our stay felt comfortable and personal; a cascade of rose petals floating down gracefully from the building's facade as we climbed the marble steps upon our arrival; the sublimely elegant reception rooms, furniture, paintings, chandeliers, books; the lovely front desk staff; drinks on the peaceful terrace in the late afternoon while listening to the city in prayer in the far distance etc.
The Falaknuma is certainly a place worth experiencing...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, July 6, 2013

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful and detailed review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We are glad to read that overall your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. Thank you also for your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

I’m also delighted to share exiting news with you Taj Falaknuma Palace recently won the prestigious Travel + Leisure India’s Best Heritage Hotel Award 2013 and The Best Spa Interiors award 2013 (Hotel & Resort) by Geospa AsiaSpa India Awards. We have also been awarded the Certificate of Excellence 2013 for consistently earning high traveler ratings by travelers, and also have been featured among the Top 25 Luxury Hotels in the Trip Advsior’s Travelers Choice Awards 2013.

Girish Sehgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Traveled to Taj Falaknuma a few weeks ago...

The entire experience is sooooo beautiful... The decor and the entire building is a wonder in itself and the staff is ever willing to go out of their way to make you comfortable.

I would love to go back to Falaknuma again.

1 Thank shirinquadros

Zurich
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

This is an amazing hotel! Even just travelling to this hotel is justifying a trip to Hyderabad. We never had such a personalised service from the moment of arrival until the departure. The team is able to create a full-stay experience. The historic value of the place is unique. We very much enjoyed the food in all of the restaurants.

However, we preferred to eat on the terrace with its great city-view. The indoor areas of the restaurants are too sterile. Nevertheless, it is required that the service will be provided always on the same quality level. There are some lack of services between breakfast and dinner time. Probably, the team will growth with gaining experience. During the stay there were some slips of the pen, which will certainly be corrected for future as we have addressed them to the management team.

Next time we would stay at least in the historical suites. The luxury rooms are nice but you feel that they somehow do not fit in this palace. This kind of room you can find even in other big nice 5 star hotel chains. There is no question at all, you should experience this place...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Roemsch

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

Also please do accept our sincere apologies with regard to the lack of service issue .I have taken up the matter very seriously with our Manager – Palace Services as well as the Training Manager and please be assured that we’ll ensure that corrective measures are taken in terms of room preference to ensure that such an incident does not reoccur again.

We do hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back, and I would like to assure you that you that you will find a definite improvement in highlighted areas on your next visit.

Jaipur, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was too far from the city n v waited a lot to reach there.but on reaching u feel that it was worth all the effort.but one most imp thing-u can't enter the place without prior booking n they check it also.after confirming they call for the cart to take to the main palace.there one person remains with u to assist n even take the pics for u.the approach throughout n the view from there is breath-taking,awesome.the intricate work of art on the walls n floor is worth watching.v cud c the bedrooms of former Nijam n his wife,the gossip room,the study room n their dining room etc.which has been kept n maintained in its original form.food there is quite expensive.i hav to spend basic few thousands for diff kind of cuisines.v spent a basic 2000 Rs per person for the Indian.the food was v good n the service also.the overlooking view of the entire city's lighting added to the experience.though the inside looks of the walls n ceiling did not appeal much.it was ok.the frames for taking the pics r many,many.so hav fun.go to experience it.....

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank dprakash533
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, July 8, 2013

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful and detailed review post your recent visit with us at our Palace. We are glad to read that overall your dining experience was a pleasant and enjoyable one. Thank you also for your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

This is a spectacular hotel which is a destination in and of itself. Hyderabad has a lot of traffic and is quite spread out so if you are staying here and want to leave the premises be prepared for a fair bit of time in traffic (it’s probably 30 minutes to the old part of town and 45 minutes to the university and the high tech park). We went to meetings around town and it was fine but the hotel was so nice that I could imagine just spending three or four days there without leaving. Don’t expect speedy service as this is really a place to relax. Getting to the gate from the main house takes ages as the golf carts take a long time to arrive. Not many people speak English or can answer questions. The pace is languid.

However, the views of the city are dramatic, the Indian food is excellent, there is a swimming pool and fitness center and the rooms in the old palace have been restored and are incredible. The people working in the hotel don’t volunteer much information –although there is an afternoon tour of the old part you can sign up for -so you may need to poke around on your own. We did it and were amazed by the old dining room on the second floor, the balconies, library etc. All in all, a gorgeous old building and one of the most incredible hotels we have stayed in.

We also loved the sights of Hyderabad including the palaces and tombs. It’s a wonderful city, although certainly built up and busy.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank newyorkanya

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

We are glad to note that overall you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us and we did notice that some of the attributes we have not been able to meet your expectations fully. Specifically, please do accept our sincere apologies for the discomfort caused to room preference. I have taken up the matter very seriously with our Manager – Palace Services as well as the Training Manager and please be assured that we’ll ensure that corrective measures are taken in terms of room preference to ensure that such an incident does not reoccur again.

Let us share with you some more interesting information about the Palace.

The restoration has almost took ten years, and the Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces has infused new life into the Falaknuma Palace, which is ready to resume its status as Hyderabad’s most exclusive address to offer its guests a glimpse of the regal lifestyle of the Nizams who governed the legendary city of Hyderabad. After 10 years of extensive restoration, and preserving the priceless art and artifacts, Taj Falaknuma Palace now welcomes guests – completely restored, renewed and reinstated to its former glory.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable holiday and assure you of our best services and fullest attention at all times.

Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is very difficult to describe the stay at this marvellous hotel.
Taj has done a fabulous job to restore the artistic beauty and the luxury along with rich heritage of the palace. The entire stay will haunt you like a gallery with fresh paintings.

Once you enter the hotel, there is no hassle of check-in and waiting. You will be guided to your room directly, through the palace's main building. By the time you you digest you are in a palace and you are being treated like THE NIZAM, you will be done with half of your stay.

It is neo-expensive, but somewhere you feel that it is justified.

Food was good. Restaurants are small. Chef was able to meet our expectations in making a spicy paneer dish.

Vishal. Prabhakar and Shwetha from front desk are competent,cordial and ready to help.

Do I suggest this hotel? Yes!! If there is no problem with affordability, you should stay there. You will cherish the stay.

Tip to the hotel:
Need more entertainment/activities. Guided tour, qawwali and jazz @ restaurant are the only activities in a closed palace are not sufficient. They should take a leaf out of their own property, 'Taj Lake Palace'.

4 Thank cricbizman
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, July 12, 2013

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members especially, I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

Let us share with you some more interesting information about the Palace.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable holiday - a bit longer stay for the next time.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

A truely unique and wonderful place. Four days staying here was a sublime experience. I won't replicate all the positive commenets which other reviewers have made, save to say i entirely agree with them. What I would add is that Taj have done a fantastic job restoring the Palace to its former glory. The staff seem genuinely proud of being part of the establishment. And the hotel's official 'historian' is a real bonus. He explains the history of the palace with evident passion and enthusiasm and enables guests to learn and understand the heritage and history of where they are staying, thereby enriching their experience considerably and making it something to remember with pride and pleasure--for it is a genuine privilege to be a guest at this marvellous property.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends