“Great place”

Ranked #2 of 316 Hotels in Hyderabad
north carolina
“Great place”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We are at the tail end of our culinary tour of south india and sri lanka.
Started the tour with this magnificently restored palace.
Impeccable service and well appointed rooms. Running us a rose petal bath with dessert served in the room added an elegant touch to a fine regal place.
Food --- awesome! The corporate chef presented a cooking class for our group ( vikkram vij's culinary tour ) -- hyderabadi biriyani and de-mystified the elaborate process of making a great biryani. The friendliness of him and his staff were much appreciated. The sufi outdoor concert in the evening was enjoyed by all.
The only negative in a perfect place was " nickel and diming" us by having a charge for internet access!!! Really!! -- after paying a handsome sum to stay here, we are expected to pay a paltry sum for wi-fi?? one star off for this very poor corporate dictum.
We are in sri lanka now --- every hotel we have stayed in provides free wi-fi. What is the deal with 5 star indian hotels?. Hope saner minds will prevail on this practice. Most hotels in the far east provide free access. The money is not the issue , it exhibits an inappropriate " cheapness" to a fine institution.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pilipili
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, November 24, 2012

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members especially with Our Chef Arun Sundararaj and the team, I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

We would like to thank you for your suggestion to make the internet in the Palace free of charge. The WIFI connection at the Palace, is currently a third party service, we’ll however definitely raise your feedback to our Corporate Office. Taj Falaknuma Palace being a part of a chain hotel, this decision will be implemented companywide to ensure consistency across all Taj hotels, Palaces across the world.

We would like to introduce you to an uber-luxury experience – The Hookah Lounge, which is set amidst history of 116 years with windows dressed in heavy gold and red drapes, patterned leather walls and timbered ceiling, accented in rich mahogany. The ambience is accented by the internationally acclaimed Jazz artist Kelly Johnson, who alludes you to the aura of sophistication that makes this bar a legend and an experience- unforgettable.

I’m also delighted to share exciting news with you. In the recent Conde Nast Traveller’s Reader’s Travel Awards - 2012 Taj Falaknuma Palace has been voted as the Asia’s Number 1 Hotel; in addition Taj Falaknuma Palace has also been recognized among the ‘Best of Best’ Top 5 Hotels across the World.

Girish Sehgal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

After numerous holidays in India, this has to be one of the loveliest hotels I have stayed at. The staff are wonderful, friendly, smiling all the the time, and seem to mean it too! The food is delicious! The surroundings are stunning - a former palace that hadn't been inhabited for 50 years before the Taj did an incredible restoration job which kept all the former luxuries of the Palace and brought it into the modern age. Around every corner there seems to be a wonderful new discovery. The views from every terrace are stunning too! I hope I can come back soon.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hargar
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, November 18, 2012

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members especially, I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

Let us share with you some more interesting information about the Palace.

The restoration has almost took ten years, and the Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces has infused new life into the Falaknuma Palace, which is ready to resume its status as Hyderabad’s most exclusive address to offer its guests a glimpse of the regal lifestyle of the Nizams who governed the legendary city of Hyderabad. After 10 years of extensive restoration, and preserving the priceless art and artifacts, Taj Falaknuma Palace now welcomes guests – completely restored, renewed and reinstated to its former glory.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable holiday - a bit longer stay for the next time.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Palaces are always a great experiences, but a palace run by the Taj is quite on another level. The Falaknama has been carefully restored, with much of its original trappings brought back, including the wooden panels and the art deco paintings and the stained glass work. The durbar halls are splenderous, the curving staircase straight out of a bollywood film, and a real archtechtural marvel. The dining room has a table that seats 101 at a time, under a six foot chandelier.
The rooms are good, but the suites are amazing , roomy, well appointed and offer great privacy. Love the soacious bathrooms with their pigeonhole mirror walls where, should one wish, one could light a hundred candles and soak in the tub while they shine softly .
In all a great experiece fir anyone wishin to be spoilt silly. As fir the food... The indian dishes are among the bst you can eat in any of the Taj hotels, or anywhere in the country!

Room Tip: Any kf the suites, but try for one at the end of the garden.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sathya S
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, November 9, 2012

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one, and the Palace was able to help you relive the bygone era. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members especially with the Chef team and the musicians, I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

Let us share with you some more interesting information about the Palace.

The Nizams, the hereditary dynasty of this rich and strategic region, used the palace as a guesthouse. Marble statuary of goddesses and nymphs, were brought in from Rome, and life-size portraits of imposing English royals were commissioned in London. A grand 6,900-volume library, with an inlaid coffered ceiling and walnut paneling, was said to be inspired by one at Windsor Castle.

Passed on for generations like a precious jewel, Falaknuma Palace or ‘Mirror of the Sky’ was the royal residence of Nizam Mehboob Ali Khan.

After ten years of extensive and sensitive restoration, The Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces has infused new life into the Falaknuma Palace, which is ready to resume its status as Hyderabad’s most exclusive address to offer its guests a glimpse of the regal lifestyle of the Nizams who governed the legendary city of Hyderabad. After 10 years of extensive restoration, and preserving the priceless art and artifacts, Taj Falaknuma Palace now welcomes guests – completely restored, renewed and reinstated to its former glory.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back at our Palace for another memorable holiday - a bit longer stay for the next time.

London
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After hearing all the hype over this hotel, I was concerned it might not like up to expectations, but it more than exceeded them. Taj have done a fantastic job at refurbishing the place and you are really treated like royalty. The rooms are beatifully decorate (not too over the top) and the food is also good with nothing being too much trouble. It is in a wonderful location overlooking the city and is a retreat in itself. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelEnthusiast061

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one; We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members especially , I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

As you have so rightly pointed out, that after ten years of extensive and sensitive restoration, The Taj Hotels Resorts and Palaces has infused new life into the Falaknuma Palace, which is ready to resume its status as Hyderabad’s most exclusive address to offer its guests a glimpse of the regal lifestyle of the Nizams who governed the legendary city of Hyderabad. After 10 years of extensive restoration, and preserving the priceless art and artifacts, Taj Falaknuma Palace now welcomes guests – completely restored, renewed and reinstated to its former glory.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back at our Palace for another memorable holiday .

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Excellent Place in Hyderabad..a Unique Experience and Fine Dining...The dining was excellent and the staff were very cordial...Nizami adaa...The lunch was excellent and we loved it to the core...To top it all the view made us feel like we were watching altogether a different view of Hyderabad..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrupadP

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one; We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members especially with the restaurant staff, and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back at our Palace for another memorable holiday.

Mumbai India
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This hotel lived upto all our expectations.It is a wonderful property to stay in and the experience is only enhanced by the personal service.We took the historic walk in the evening by the hotel historian and it was really helpful -it made us see the hotel with new eyes.Food in both the restaurants and even room service had a wide variety even for vegetarians. We experienced the special Chef meal and it was fabulous.What was nice was the obvious pride the staff have in the property and that was reflected in the service
It is an experience which spoils you thoroughly and you feel like going back

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Farimads

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Excellent place, See the historics, Lavishness and the food especially the Dum Biryani is to die for! Also the long table which seats 100 people must be in the list for anyone..... The view..... Amazing from there. Plus the hospitality of Taj. An experience in itself

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ALI AKBER M

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and memorable one; We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members especially with the Food and Beverages team, and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

Let us share some interesting information about The 101 Dining Hall

The Dining Hall has the world’s longest dining table, made in seven pieces which can seat 101 people at a time. Adding to its beauty are five enchanting Belgian Chandeliers adorning the ceiling. The dining hall has a collection of art restored to its original glory. An ideal place for sit down lunches and dinners for a distinguished gathering.