“Bartender on a power trip”
Review of The Park Hyderabad

The Park Hyderabad
Ranked #23 of 347 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I live in hyderabad and visit the park almost every couple of weeks...every time I go there I've just had the worst experience...u may ask why I go back but that's really besides the point here...I've been to kismet their club more than a few times and I'm not going to lie I've enjoyed the music there...however the service has been beyond disappointing and I really don't know what else would help but to write on public forums...it's happened a couple of times now that I've waited at the bar for my drink for half an hour...I understand u have your regulars your favourites etc etc...but seriously half an hour? After waiting patiently??? It shouldnt matter if I've been there a million times or for the first time...tonight I actually spoke to the manager who just acted like I was overreacting and was no help at all...The bartender said he did not hear me which was complete rubbish as we had a full conversation before he decided to completely ignore my order..I've left a written complaint with the reception people but god knows if that'll even get to the concerned people...I'm just so so disappointed in the park as this kind of treatment is certainly not expected from a hotel of such stature...Is this really how you want customers to feel? I doubt it...but just something as simple as basic etiquette on the part of the people you hire to serve us is lacking...I write here so you'll take notice and work towards improving your service since your basic business is after all hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Apgk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,907)

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed over a weekend at the hotel.. We loved the view from the room. Lake view was breathtaking. Hotel exterior is trendy and standsout. I loved the spa session at their day spa. Night we partied at kismet..woke up late to be surprised with the brunch. Would love to be back soon for another amazing weekend soon.

• Stayed: August 2012
TheParkHyderabad, General Manager at The Park Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay with us and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at The Park, Hyderabad.

I will share your comments with my team and it is indeed encouraging.

We look forward to have you with us again.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I was the organizing secretary for DFISCION 2012 conducted at this hotel in sep 2012.It was overall rated as excellent by delegates, faculty and the industry exhibitors as well. Personally this hotel gave me a great place to plan our conference in our own style with freedom,hospitality,peace and warmth. There was a professional touch with a quiet sense of perfection and care from every staff of the hotel. A great place to be because it is a HOME AWAY FROM HOME and certainly more than a home because you are taken care like a precious pearl.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
1  Thank Lily R

Dear Guest,

I thank you for giving us this positive review and it is indeed encouraging for the team at The Park, Hyderabad.

It is a pleasure to know that the delegates at DFISCION 2012 had a good experience with us and we look forward to many such opportunities of making the experience worth it.

Hoping to have you with us again, soon.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Visited The Park to go to the club Kismet as it was highly recommended. Found the hotel but the club had not yet woken up. As we were not residents, they wanted a high cover charge so as nothing was happening, we opted for the poolside bar Aqua. Again a cover charge applied (why???). Bar staff were preoccupied with talking to each other rather than serving, drinks seriously overpriced, not a wholesome experience at all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank salthound

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback and comments and I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

We have cover charge at our nightclubs and Aqua on weekends as we have special events and restricted entry.

We have made a note of of your feedback and the same will be taken up for further improvement.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to the hotel.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

It is not a 5 star property in terms of area BUT it is an excellent property built in a city where space comes for a premium these days! The best part of the building is its architecture and the view of Hussein Sagar Lake. The rooms are well done and spacious. The tapestry clean. The bathrooms are BIG and built in a unique manner. The hotel is located bang opposite a railway station so it can get annoying when the train honks on this otherwise peaceful place. The location is next to the main business district.

The staff was extremely courteous and the chef at Verandah was a delight!! He made suggestions and took special requests for my business guests with panache! (Regret do not recollect his name now!). Was catered well by the staff at the reception, the boys at aqua - who made arrangements for all my special requests (Guess have become a bit demanding these days);-) The live show at Aqua was good.

The Aura Spa was good in terms of service though I felt that the waiting lounge was a bit shabby - may be the curtains need a change. The massage was excellent!

The pool which looks so enticing in the photo's is actually very small and lacks privacy. I doubt if anyone uses it.

Since I happen to be there on a Friday Night - it does get too crowded with a lot of youngsters but they are restricted to the first two levels of the building.

Do spare sometime to read the Park literature in the room and the short stories about the Nizam of Hyderabad's - its cute and unique.

Overall I recommend the hotel for short stays.

Room Tip: if you have a choice take the upper rooms rooms facing the lake. The view is amazing!
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Probably the best hotel in Hyderabad , really good rooms , but the real problem is with the bathrooms. Bathrooms and toilets doesn't have any way to lock em , I mean to say no bolts or locks of any kind. The whole private space is open for anyone , so basically if there r 2 ppl staying in a room , then u really have to let the person know that u r taking a Dump, so that u don't get embarrassed . Rest everything is awesome , food , in room service , the decor, restaurants, everything is top notch.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Overall, I didn’t get the feeling of an 5 star property, the concept of service is COMPLETELY MISSING

I booked for 12 nights and have checked out after 3 nights and currently staying in an another property

Issues faced :
1.Very pathetic service from house keeping and most unsafe electric equipment’s (just plugged in the hair dryer and entire electricity of the room went off and the iron boxes are not at all working and they changed atleast 3-4 but all of them were not working and was late to the meetings due to this)

2. Booked Verandah room instead of Standard room and paid extra to get the Pool side view, However, its an clear MISREPRESNTATION, the room 7038 in which i was staying, there was no pool view and it has only view of big drainage besides the hussain sagar lake and even you will have a view of people( living next to hotel in the huts) attending their nature calls in the morning.
3. Disturbance of the music playing on the Pub in first floor and even disturbance from the railway lane which is very close to the hotel.
4. Be prepared to call atleast 5 times with just to get the list of DVD as I was entitled for so called amenity of “In room movies”
5. I was confirmed on the mail that I am entitled for Health club which as outright rejected by the reception, and have to forward the mail to the Lobby manager and after this I didn’t feel like using health club.

Room Tip: Don't go by the looks!
1  Thank Siddiq_blr
TheParkHyderabad, General Manager at The Park Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

We first of all thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us and taking your time to review your stay at our property. With every guest feedback, we aim to improve and also rectify areas which need uplift.

I regret to see we were unable to meet your expectations.

The city has witnessed bouts of power cuts recently which at times impacts the hotel’s power as well. However, we have made a note of your comment and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The Park, Hyderabad is a hotel situated on a ‘Green site’, a site carefully chosen for minimal environmental impact. This Green site location is based on factors like- public transport facilities like the Metro rail, just 10 meter away, bank, hospitals, and other services accessible within a radius of ½ km. The hotel's centre location is one of the main USP, besides its view of Hussainsagar lake from areas like rooms and Aqua, the poolside venue.

We will share your other feedback and comments with our associates and assure that the service will improve.

We hope you give us another opportunity and look forward to welcome you again at The Park, Hyderabad.

Best Wishes