“very good”

Ranked #25 of 307 Hotels in Hyderabad
Napier, New Zealand
“very good”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We did enjoy our stay here. The service was excellent, a little too excellent at times, occasionally non existent at other times.
The food was great. We had our best meal in asia here. Alcohol is very expensive compared to other 5 star hoets in Asia. Give the coctails a miss, They don't have the ingredients to make them correctly.
Our room was lovely, but only after we complained about the awful poky room we were first put in. (They told us the hotel was full, but all the restaurant staff said they were very quiet). I just don't understand why you would do that. But, to their credit, they did put things right. All in all it seemed there was too many staff with not enough to do and somehow, things were not quite as they should be at a 5 star hotel.
What I loved was the cartoon room theme. It was excellent and I still remember the history of Hyderabad !
What I hated was being woken after organising a late check out till 6pm, checking 3 times that it was in place , and then woken and asked to vacate the room at 3.45 pm . Unbelievable !
All in all, a lovely hotel if you get a good room and the service works, next door to a slum, which I found quite disconcerting as we were in this luxury in comparrison.
I feel a bit critical as I do feel a bit sentimental about this place. Something that never happens to me ! Its not perfect, but pretty damn good really :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
TheParkHyderabad, General Manager at The Park Hyderabad, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Hyderabad. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about us. It is a pleasure to note that you had an nice experience at our hotel.

We have also noted your concern and would like to assure you that every possible effort will be made to ensure that the issue that you have highlighted in your feedback would be addressed effectively.

I look forward to welcoming you back at The Park Hyderabad.

Area General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Guwahati, India
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Well my question to readers/ viewers is whether thay would call it a Good night's slip if rats (infact a family of them) were to roam about in your room including the bed in which you were to sleep?

The attitude of the staff working in as security is like those of some prisons and guests are treated as some thugs who have been brought in for some punishment.

Ambience wise a very cool place and resturants are beautiful. right from the open air resturant to the posh Indian one, the anmbience and even the food is great.

If in this hotel, please do try out the palate of pastries that they have on offer in room service menu. It is a combination of both Indian and Western deserts.Awsome.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Visakhapatnam, India
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Its an ultra modern and big hotel. U tend to get lost in it cos its so big. Lovely nightclub, poolside dining, spa and spacious rooms. One of the most modern hotel I have been too. Very much in line with chic hotels in UK. Will visit again soon.

• Stayed July 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recent stay at The Park Hyderabad and for your encouraging comments on the hotel.

We are delighted to know that you appreciate our nightclub Kismet, Aqua, our poolside dining and Aura, our spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Park Hyderabad.

Pontyclun. South Wales
Reviewed July 15, 2011

This is my second visit to this hotel which is a fantastic hotel for both business and leisure.

The rooms are excellent and the service provided by all staff is excellent. I only have two gripes which have been shared with the Senior Management.

Firstly the noise from the 'Night Club' can drift up to many of the rooms; I was on the 7th floor (room 7006) and I could hear the dull thud of the bass speakers until 2 in the morning.

Secondly, the pigeons!!! The pigeons are slowly taking over all the perching spaces throughout the hotel. Sadly this includes just over the outdoor pool.

Once you have seen how many come to drink in the water and the number that deposit droppings in the pool (100's per hour) it would put even the most adventurous swimmer of going for a dip.

As I say Management is aware of this problem and say that 'it is in hand'.

Fix the problems and this hotel will deserve an all-round 5 Star rating *****

PS... The Aish Restaurant serves some of the best Indian Cuisine I have ever eat

India
Reviewed July 14, 2011

The hotel is conveniently located and the rooms are spacious and done up well. Breakfast spread is quite good. However there is a long way to go as far as service is concerned. Just to share a few of my experiences during my recent stay in the hotel :
1) I was assigned a room which to my horror could not be locked from inside due to a faulty lock. I had to rush out for a meeting so I requested a quick room change, however they hotel staff took a cool 40 mins to shift me to another room.......that too after multiple follow ups
2) I am a "Preferred at the Park" member and the front desk staff seemed to be unaware of the guest privileges under this program. When I called up the reception to check on the missing special amenities in the room, I was told that they will check and call me back within 2 minutes, however I never got a call back!
3) This is the most horrible one....................I had opted for the "Relax and Dine" scheme under which one meal is added on and included in the room charge. However when I went for my dinner to the "Verendah" restaurant and placed my order, I was informed that I can order anything other than lobsters. When I placed my order (baked fish) , I was told (in a not so polite manner) that I cannot order that particular dish. On pointing out that I had exactly the same dish during my last stay a just a month back, the Restaurant Manager did not have any convincing answer. Further they took 45 minuted to serve the order. To add to it after serving the food, the waiter placed the serving bowls in the adjoining table and thereafter was not to be seen for the next half an hour....infact we had to actually walk over to the adjoining table to pick up the food and serve ourselves! Last but not the least in the midst of my meal I found a cockroach crawling on my hand . I called over the restaurant manager and highlighted my concerns but he seemed to be least bothered.

Just to sum it up, this is not the hotel to go for if you are looking for service you would expect in a 5 star hotel.

1 Thank Rupak
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights ,gr8 place and recommend the hotel to everybody and try Food.You will see hotel staff around you always saying Namashkara or Aadab .Good Room and Hotel interior .Only request is to offer free wifi Internet since charges are little on higher side but globally now internet is offered for free at least on 5* properties.

2 Thank shettyp32
TheParkHyderabad, General Manager at The Park Hyderabad, responded to this review, July 13, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Hyderabad and for your valuable feedback. It is a pleasure to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments about our hotel’s staff and amenities are appreciated and will be conveyed to the team.
We have also noted your suggestions and assure you that they will be taken into consideration in our continuous effort to improve our services.
Once again, thank you for your custom. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

New Delhi
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I was being there from 27th May till 30th May 2011. It was really nice stay , Hotel interior & location put it on best category.

Slightly improvement required in front of Check in formalities ( Although check out was in perfect order )

Specially want to mention the name of a young lady ( Sorry for forgetting her name / she have shown us complete hotel at the day of check out ) which was earlier posted at Park Hotel - Mumbai , was truly professional toward her approach & about her job.

Alok

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AlokGDixit
TheParkHyderabad, General Manager at The Park Hyderabad, responded to this review, July 4, 2011
Dear Alok,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park Hyderabad. We appreciate you taking the time to write back to us. It is a pleasure to note that you had an enjoyable stay experience at our hotel. Your generous comments regarding the hotel’s location, interiors and hospitality of our staff are indeed heartening to us.
We have also made a note of the slight concern you had regarding our check in service and assure you that any shortcomings will be addressed swiftly.
We once again thank you for your patronage and would love to have you back with us at The Park Hyderabad.