“Stylish and high quality, not the best location.”

The Golkonda Hyderabad
Ranked #35 of 345 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We stayed at The Golkonda for one night, and after an overnight train journey from Mumbai it was a treat to arrive here. The rooms are high quality, quite new and pretty spacious, with stylish fittings (glass walled bathrooms?!). What you'd expect from a four star hotel. The restaurant had good food, the pool was really nice if a little small, and the service was very good. It seemed to be more of a business hotel, but if you're after somewhere clean, new and with a little touch of luxury this is the place. The location wasn't brilliant, the hotel is situated on a busy road with not too much within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2010

Reviewed October 23, 2010

Rooms are small...... Swimming Pool is just for Show, its the smallest pool i have ever seen in my life for a 4 Star Rated Hotel... Room Service is Pathetic!!!!!!
I had Lunch in the Room and it was the Worst Lunch !!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
THEGOLKONDA, General Manager at The Golkonda Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2010

Dear Mr.Bansal,
With reference to the telephonic conversation I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us. I and my core team members are working to improve on the areas suggested by you, We would also like to thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcome you in the near future to The Golkonda Hyderabad.

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Friendly efficient reception, modern furnishings, free internet computer in the lobby, travel desk quickly arranged a car and driver for two days seeing the sights.
Wonderful buffet food.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The location is near the Hyderabad city center, which is not the nicest of areas, but then again, this is India so what really is when compared to North American standards. The hotel staff were super accomodating and attentive, making sure I was always happy. I contacted them frequently to bring extra waters to my room, which they did very promptly. I had one instance where I lost power in my room and the quickly responded with a technician who reset the breaker within minutes. I also had an internet connection issue where again, an in house IT tech was dispatched very quick to my room to fix. The staff was excellent. The bathroom and room were clean, and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint with the bathroom would be the shower. It was designed in such a way that when you showered, substantial water would leak under the shower door and puddle on the floor. I countered that as the days went on by placing a spare towel on the floor at the base of the door to absorb the water. I did not use the hotel restaurant, but it looked nice as I did walk through it and checked it out. I brought my own food with me to avoid risking sickness from the local food in India, just to play it safe. I'm not saying the Golkonda has issues with the food, I'm saying that I was not taking any chances having heard too many horror stories of my co-workers getting sick during their stays in other parts of India. The lobby was clean and inviting. The hallway to my room on the 4th floor was damp and had a musty smell. The hallway carpet looked water stained throughout the floor, but was not wet. There must have been some sort of water damage from earlier on. Overall, the hotel worked for me as I put things in perspective knowing where I was at.

Reviewed October 4, 2010

The best and quickest room service I have witnessed...

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Most of the things were in place except for delay in room service and problems in Internet connectivity. Finally the staff provided a cable and then the internet was working fine.

Reviewed October 3, 2010

As ever I am in Hyderabad I stay in this conveniently located Hotel; rooms are large, clean and plesant, service very attentative, complimentary breakfast with all what you like and need, WLAN connection fast and last but not least a wonderful little swimming pool. Very good option!