“A good hotel with good staff and the all-important free wifi everywhere”

The Golkonda Hyderabad
Ranked #33 of 313 Hotels in Hyderabad
London
“A good hotel with good staff and the all-important free wifi everywhere”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our stay was quite enjoyable. The reception staff were good. The young woman in black at the customer relations desk next to reception was fantastic. She was by far the best in the hotel and better than staff in other hotels we stayed in. She was just wonderful with advice and taxis and info about Hyderabad.

We had a very good day sightseeing trip by taxi from the hotel travel desk and the driver was brilliant. Their prices were high and 1050 IR for a taxi to the airport was ridiculous. We got a yellow cab for 550 IR with the help of the woman in black mentioned above.

Room was a good size for two - twin beds. Housekeeping and room service were good though some of the boys were a little forgetful. The main reason I chose the hotel was the not-too-far-out position and the free wifi everywhere.

Breakfast and breakfast staff were good. But I saw two live cockroaches in the breakfast room one morning. Very dangerous. The staff were apologetic.

Room Tip: High up overlooking pool ( away from the flyover)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
THEGOLKONDA, General Manager at The Golkonda Hyderabad, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Sir,
Greetings from Hotel Golkonda and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We are happy that you enjoyed all the aspects of the hotel and be rest assured that your concerns are being addressed by my staff.
Hope you patronize The Golkonda in future as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Indonesian first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We had a very nice overnight stay at this hotel. While the check in was quick, the staff was very friendly and courteous. Front desk staff are ready to help you going extra mile. Rooms are large and spotlessly clean and very well equipped. The food at the restaurant was of a very wide variety and very good and we really enjoyed our meal. The staff in the restaurant was very attentive and courteous and the service was excellent. Overall, a very pleasant stay and very good value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
THEGOLKONDA, General Manager at The Golkonda Hyderabad, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Mr Pandey,
Greetings from The Golkonda Hotel Hyderabad.
It was a pleasure that you liked all our hotel services.
I will forward your comments to all the concerned Head of the Departments and I am sure your comments will be motivation to all of us.
In anticipation that you will patronize our hotel in future as well.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 1, 2014

After 15 years I got a chance to stay again at Golkonda again. It is truly an amazing feeling, The hotel staff were very warm and courteous as they were earlier too. Look like rooms are renovated and looking much better like any other 5 star hotel. The food is great and you get good authentic chutney for break fast. Over all it was a fantastic experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

THEGOLKONDA, General Manager at The Golkonda Hyderabad, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Mr Ravi,
Greetings!
It was nice to know that you did visit Golkonda after 15 years and I am very happy that you did find the same kind of service during your current stay as well.
We are very thrilled that even after 15 years we have the same kind of service culture intact.
Hope to see you in future as well preferably sooner.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a pretty good property. v convniently located. I booked fr the higher category, the klub room nd i must say the room is pretty good. The amenities are nice nd the ambience of the room is also good. Breakfast is also having everything reqd though its not v elaborate but its sufficient. The food in the jewel of nizam restaurant is pretty good too. I really liked this property. The hotel staff is v good nd helpfull. I will surely recommend this hotel. V humbly. I have travelled to more than 20 countries(God has been v kind), so i know little bit about hotels...so this property gets a thumbs up from me...

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr Aamir,
Firstly I am thrilled to receive a feedback from a guest who has travelled a lot and gives a thumbs to our hotel, and it is a great compliment.
We always aim to make sure all our guest have a similar but to receive such a excellent feedback from a ardent traveller like you motivates us a lot.
Hope you will patronise us in near future if you do visit Hotel Golkonda.
Cernusco Lombardone, Italy
Reviewed February 26, 2014

It's the second time during my annual trips in India I stay in this Hotel.
I had the possibility to have a diner with friends , selecting a good buffet and special steack-beef. Good breakfast and this time a quieter internal room. It's my intention to select The Golkonda Hotel for future stay in Hyderabad.
Angelo/41

Room Tip: Rooms not front of the road are very quieter
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Sir,
Greetings from the Golkonda hotel Hyderabad, and many thanks for your review.
We are pleased about the fact that you liked our food and the room and I hope we can make every stay of yours as comfortable as this one.
I hope you will patronize Golkonda hotel in near future as well.
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Reviewed February 22, 2014

For a business purpose, my organisation had put me up in the hotel... stayed there for around 3 days (from 17th to 19th Feb), and I narrate below the salient features of my experience ('+' for good, and '-' for negative aspects of the experience):

+ The location is really good, and is centrally connected to most parts of the city. Also, because of a flyover, this place is now close to the airport as well.
+ The property is in good condition.
- The staff is unresponsive. If you ask for something by calling the operator, please be assured that you'll have to wait for at least 1-2 reminders before u get it.
- Maintenance isn't good. E.g., the electric kettle in my room wasn't working, and so I clearly asked for a replacement. First, they took ages to send a person. Even when the person came, he came only to 'check' if the kettle was working or not! By the time I got a replacement, the kettle didn't make sense as I was already running late for a pre-scheduled meeting.
- Their telephone directory doesn't have a mention of '4' being the 'room service'. This leaves an occupant to call up '2/5' (no one ever picked up '2'). Without exception, their standard response on calling up '5' would b that they have informed the room service. This circular loop was really annoying.
- Even after I had informed well in advance (approx 30 minutes beforehand), the reception desk was not ready with all paperwork while I was checking-out. After I voiced discontent to my employer's representative (already present there) and he intervened, that things were settled fast, and I could finally leave for the airport.

Dear Sir,
Greetings from Hyderabad, and many thanks for your review.
As per your interaction with our services manager we are taking every step so that your concerns about our services and product are attended to.
Be rest assured I and my team are here to make sure that all our guest go happy and I hope that you will give us a chance to serve you in near future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 21, 2014

nice hotel in hydrabad to stay. rooms were neat and clean and gud room services at all. In all day dining foods are excellent and needs to be more improvements particularly in services.
location is very good and can be reachable evrywhere from that location. best thing is just near to Paradise world fame Biryani center.

Dear Mr Irfan,
Greetings from Golkonda Hotel and many thanks for the Feedback.
We are happy to know that you have liked all the aspects of our hotel.
Your concerns about our service are noted, however if you can elaborate on the same we could pin point the exact area of improvement.
Once again I hope you would give us a chance serve you in future.