“Dinner get-together”

Ranked #33 of 316 Hotels in Hyderabad
Hyderabad, India
“Dinner get-together”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We hosted a Dinner get-together at the Klub Lounge on the 7th Floor on the weekend.
The hotel was busy, the valet made parking hassle free. The conspicous signs guided us easily to the venue. The staff was courteous, attentive and responsive to the needs of the guests. The food was yummy and tickled the palate. The view from the huge glass windows of the lounge is engrossing. We wond up the night with good memories and the after tast of the sweet pan lingering in the mouth.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is the best hotel I have stayed in during my visits to Hyderabad. I've been here several times, have also hosted 3 events here. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The food is quite good, but the service is better. I usually stay in the Klub rooms on the 7th floor. It's one of the best deals I've seen. I stayed at one of the Taj club rooms (I think Taj Krishna), and must say this is a better deal for me. The bathroom is not as big, but comes with a built-in steam sauna in the shower cubicle. How many hotels can claim a built in steam sauna in the bathroom in any hotel, let alone at this price? One the first floor, there is even a designated room for smokers, so there is no need for anyone to sneak a quick one in some lobby area. They are located such that its hardly 45 minutes to the airport. Imagine, from the heart of the city to the airport in 45 minutes (using the flyover). Ideal location, good service, nice rooms, good food, what more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Klub room is the best deal you can get in Hyderabad, IMHO.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Mumbai
Reviewed July 14, 2012

With lots of options in Hyderabad, I was much impressed firstly with its website and then the cost of the summer / monsoon pacakages.

The Rooms are perfect with all proper ammenities.

Its a good value for money and very near to Banjara Hills & Karachiwala Bakery.

Room Tip: If you want to spend some more money select club rooms, you will get steam and jacuzzi in your own r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mihirshah22
THEGOLKONDA, General Manager at The Golkonda Hyderabad, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay at The Golkonda Hotel, Hyderabad and for your valued feedback. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and its associated services.
It is our constant endeavor at The Golkonda-Hyderabad to deliver an unsurpassed customer experience with an exquisite range of facilities to match.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the The Golkonda-Hyderabad.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had booked interconnecting rooms for my family including 2 teen daughters, which was confirmed by mail. I had a shock on reaching the hotel at 3:30 AM on June 29, to be told that the interconnecting rooms had been allocated to someone else. I was not told of this when checking in, only when I asked before leaving the reception they informed me. When I told that I will move to another hotel, they almost agreed. Then they told me that they will provide a suite with 2 extra beds. They shifted me to the interconnecting rooms by 10:00 AM and said that they will charge only for one room for that day. Other than this major hiccup, the hotel was good and clean. My family enjoyed the buffet breakfast for the 3 days we stayed. The staff were professional and courteous.

Room Tip: I had interconnecting 204 and 205 which has a nice view of greenery.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
At the outset we would like to thank you for having chosen to stay at our hotel. At the same time we are extremely disheartened to learn about your dissatisfaction.
Guest feedback’s are taken very seriously by our team and corrective actions are incorporated in our constant effort to improve the standards of our service.
We have noted your concerns and would like to assure you that the matter is addressed effectively. We humbly request you to try our hotel and our services one more time. We are confident that you will be pleased
I look forward to meet you personally.
New Delhi
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was at the hotel with a coupe of colleagues for a business trip. Checked in around noon. The room was spacious and well appointed. The best touch was a quirky lounge chair. The bathroom in my view could have been designed better, though space was not an issue. The placement was. We ordered room service and the food was a revelation. The best biryani of my life. The room service would put a full service restaurant to shame. We had arranged for a informal meeting with some associates by the poolside for the evening. I had the biryani again! The service and food was a repeat of the afternoon. The only niggle was breakfast next day,which was not bad but did not match up with the experience of the earlier day. This hotel is definitely my first choice for Hyderabad now.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VikasSingh72
Thank you for your recent stay at The Golkonda Hyderabad. Your feedback is appreciated. We are glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Your generous comments regarding our services ,food and facilities are encouraging.
We would love to have you back with us in the near future and assure you of another memorable stay.
Reviewed July 5, 2012

The new highway brings you in 30 minutes from the airport to the city centre.
The staff is in general very good and mishaps are corrected swiftly. Power cuts do not affect the hotel - they have descent generator back up.
The good:
Rooms are attractively priced. Bed and shower are good. Big 50 inch TV with over 100 channels.
Premium rooms come with club lounge access which is a real plus if you have meetings. The staff in the lounge is really very helpful. The standing shower room transforms into a steam sauna.
Room service food is good in both quality and quantity, so is the a la carte food in the restaurants.
The less good:
Internet went down-up-down and there was no info when it would be up again. The wireless was not available in room 704 and I had to go to the lounge to download. I am still waiting for the cable I asked to be delivered to the room.
The bad:
No safe in the lower category rooms. The management however told me that the hotel has already decided to install a safe box in all the rooms.
The breakfast buffet is simply bad, very low quality. Both Indian and Western food is prepared in a very low quality way. Presentation is also below par. I skipped breakfast all together for the 2nd and 3th morning, so did my Indian partner.

Room Tip: Premium rooms come with lounge access, a must when you have meetings. There are no other alternativ...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay at The Golkonda Hotel Hyderabad. Your detailed feedback is appreciated and helps us to a maintain check on our services. Your positive comments regarding our location and amenities are warmly received. Our hotel is located in the heart of the city’s business and entertainment district and offers perfect accessibility for the needs of our business and leisure travelers. Furthermore, we take pride in the fact that we are dedicated to social responsibility.
We have noted your concerns and would like to assure you that the matter will be addressed effectively. Guest reviews are taken very seriously by our team and any suggestions made are incorporated in our constant effort to improve the standard of our service.
We look forward to having you back at The Golkonda Hotel across India and to sure a pleasant and comfortable stay.
Vadodara, India
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had businees trip to hyderabad and stayed at The golkonda hotel.The hotel is centrally located in the city and has very good 4 star property.It has good restaurant as Jewel of Nizam where you can have autentic hyderabad food in royal style.

It has excellent buffet ,feel value for money,centrally located property ,excellent hospitality and good room facility.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business