“Comfortable Stay”

Ebony Boutique Hotel
Ranked #64 of 345 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I stayed at the Ebony boutique hotel for a total of 15 days in 2011. The location is a very convenient one. The rooms are sized decently. The lighting in the room is insufficient and the view is not great. This hotel is good for business visits. Food is good, unless you prefer less spicy food. The service is quick, rooms are clean and well maintained. The food menu has a decent variety.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty similar and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2011

The hotel is a boutique hotel located in a very convenient area of Banjara Hills in Hyderbad.
The staff are cordial,well-mannered and coutreous.
The food quality is good.
Comlimentary breakfasthas wide chouice for all tastes.

Room Tip: All room are good
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2011

A boutique hotel with different themees for each rooms, this hotel offrs 36 well laid out rooms. Overlooking a studio and a hill, its lies in a very scenic location. The jewel in the crown for the hotel is the roof top restaurant that has an amazing view of the city in the evenings. The late night unlimited booze and food combo offers are one of the best in Hyderabad.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We spent five days at this hotel earlier this month and were generally satisfied. The hotel had clean rooms and good service. The food at the restaurant in the lobby was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed in Ebony Boutique Hotel for 3 nights when I went to Hyderabad for a course and was pleasantly surprised by the quality and service offered. Initially I was quite hesitant to stay there due to the mixed reviews, but I booked a place anyway (with a little trepidation) because it was the nearest hotel to my destination. The hotel stay was pleasant, decor was stylish and functional and most importantly the hotel staff were extremely helpful in calling for cabs, suggesting travel companies, complimentary drop-offs to nearby locations. Food was ok but the Indian version of Western food served during breakfast was a bit odd-- hash browns were chunks of boiled potatoes, croissant were unbuttered plain buns which was only labelled croissant due to the twisty shape, but the Indian food was good, and this is high praise indeed for someone like me with unsophisticated palate, who's not used to Indian food. There were a few points though which I felt could have been improved:- there were no signs leading to the hotel from the main road, so much so that the airport cab had to turn around many times before finally locating the turn-off (after asking additional directions from passerbys) and correspondence with the hotel staff was a bit disheartening as follow-up emails were not acknowledged (my flight arrived at midnight and I emailed the hotel twice to request them to keep the room for me as I will be checking in late, it was quite disappointing that they did not even acknowledge receiving my emails which I sent right after booking the rooms and also a day before I was due to check-in). On the whole though, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again if I were to travel to this part of India.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for one night in october while at hyderabad for a conference. I chose to stay at this hotel as it was where my colleagues were staying. I booked two rooms through expedia about 20 days prior to arrival, and my booking was confirmed through email and I paid up the entire room charges in advance.

I had already reached hyderabad early that morning and headed straight to the conference.In the afternoon I called up the hotel to let them know I would check in at 6 pm. I was told by the hotel that I had no room booked at their hotel and that they have no tie up with expedia for bookings! I was quite stunned to hear this. I called up expedia and they seemed quite surprised to hear this too because according to their records, everything was in order. After being on hold over the phone with expedia for 20 mins, they said they would sort out the problem in an hour. I called up expedia some time later and they said they had spoken to the hotel and the problem was resolved.

I headed to the hotel and without a word gave the guy at the reception my room confirmation email, and he keyed it in and my room seemed to be there. So I asked him why I was told I had no room earlier. He said he didn't know and he was not the person who took the call earlier! I then asked him whether they had received the room payment...and I was told that they had received no payment against my room! After sounding annoyed about the proceedings, he called up someone else to check on my booking and they told him the room had been paid for.

I have never had such an annoying experience with a hotel ever! They simply did not know what was going on.

As for the room, nothing much to crow about. The mirror in the room had a huge blemish on it. The room was fairly clean. They sheets had some dark stains on it. The fridge/mini bar was completely empty. (wonder why it was there then). The bathroom was clean. However, they shower was quite weak. Shower power rating - 3/10

We had dinner at the rooftop restaurant and the food was quite good.

In the morning, the bathroom door got stuck and refused to open! It took the housekeeping 20 minutes to pry it open.

Breakfast was average. I asked for black coffee at the table and was served coffee with milk. Since I was in a hurry, I did not dispute this as I did not expect much from them.

Asked for the hotel taxi to drop us off and was told that they do have a taxi, but they don't have anyone to drive it.

In summary, I think the worst thing a traveller can experience is showing up at a hotel which was booked and paid for well in advance and be told that they have no record of it. It was irresponsible of this hotel to behave in that way. For a slightly higher price, there are some better branded hotels in the vicinity. I would strongly suggest you try them instead.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dr_amjad
Reviewed August 31, 2010

absolute value for its price. excellent and prompt service. high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping arrangements. polite and helpful staff. wide variety of breakfast at the cascade restaurant made our day.

highly recommended to all who want 5 star service at 3star price.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple