“Enjoyed”

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Enjoyed”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Hello All.

We had a stay in this hotel for 2 days. (3rd July and 4th july). We were on holiday tour Overall experience was Awesome
1. Location of the hotel is in prime locality. It oppsite AP assembly and public garden. Although its located on main road, but the surrounding was peaceful. As it was on main road, bus services were easily accessible. Very close to hyderabad deccan station so it was very easy for us as we had to board a train for Mumbai.
2. Food was very nice and tasty. There was breakfast buffet,variety was available. We mostly tried Non veg food but it was really good.
3. It was close to prime tourist spots like Charminar, AP State Museum, Birla Planetarium, Temple and Hussain Sagar lake. Almost walkable distance, except for Charminar
4. Staff was very helpful and courtesous.
5. It is 24 hours check in/check out, Even though we finished our 48 hours,still we got an 1-2 hours extended stay. Our train was late in the evening, so staff was helpful to keep the luggage with them after our checkout time.

Overall ... Very Nice Experience...

We have decided that if revisit hyderabad we will revisit this hotel....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Hotel is centrally located in nampally close to most amenities
...the suites are nice and spacious.....but the hotel is in a desperate need of some basic renovation..the bathroom needs some doing up...overall and average hotel in hyderabad
Staff is friendly food in the restaurant is above average....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Visakhapatnam, India
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I had booked on line two st. A/c room for two night. I made 5% of invoice value on line and got online invoice copy from grand plaza for Rs.4997.30 and advise make balance payment at the time of check out. I checked in about 9.30 am on 2nd June and checked out on 7.00 pm om of 3rd June 2012.But without any change of gust list, they compelled me to make payment of Rs.5553 in stead of original in voice amount of Rs.4997.After booking I had directly talked with Grand plaza for room rent and availability confirmation. At that time they confirmed me that on line booking rate will be prevailed. As per original offer break fast is complimentary. But they charged also for break fast for one day. Room service is very poor & A/c was not working properly. Their dealing with me relating to this higher billing and charging for break fast was very rude and not expected from professionally managed hotel. I had a very bad memory of stay at that hotel and feeling of cheating for charging more room rent as compared to original invoice amount.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lnbiswal
Bavaji, Manager at Treebo Grand Plaza, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Guest was booked the Hotel from the online for one double and one single.....but at the time of check inn they are total 3 adults and 1 child age above 11years. charges are applicable for extra child and in every hotel 1st day breakfast will be chargeable.that be guest ordered breakfast after 11 am but our breakfast timings from 07:30 am to 10:30 am only.Our buffet was closed by 10:30 am.And our breakfast veg.but guest ordered omelet and other items which was not given in buffet on 02. June 2012. We clear explain to the Guest regarding that and we collected the amount as same.There is no point to say the guest - No Professional hospitalized manner & Service. so kindly remove the this review.

Travelers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

Pune, India
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We had booked 2 AC rooms for a family of 5 for 2-3 days. We chose this hotel as its close to Nampally railway station and has 24 hour checkin/checkout facility.

We reached the hotel at around 6.45am. The entrance lobby had 1 light bulb on and was quite dark. There was just 1 person at the reception. The watchman took our luggage till the room.
Though we had booked 2 rooms, we were given only 1 room as others rooms were full. We were told that we would get second room by 7.30am. After some follow-up, so got the second room at around 8am. Meanwhile we ordered tea in room which was good.
The second room which we got was AC Suite and was bigger compared to the first room.

Following is the review of AC Suite:

Price: Worth the money

Location: Close to Nampally railway station

Amenities: Sofa, T-poy, TV with cable (majority Telagu channels), dressing table, twin bed with side drawers, wardrobe with hangers, AC, phone, free WiFi. There is a computer with internet connection in entrance lobby of hotel.
W/C unit with shower cabin, wash basin.
Towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser

Cleanliness: The room was clean. Though the bathroom looked a bit old but was clean.
Luxury: The bed was cozy. Though the furniture was not extra ordinary, it served the purpose.

Restaurant: The food was not that great in breakfast/lunch buffet. The idlis/utappa/sambhar was not hot. The fruit juices served seemed fresh and good. The A La Carte food ordered was better than buffet.

Staff: friendly and co-operative.

Room Service: quick.
Though we had put the tag "Clean My Room" on room door, the room was not cleaned. We didn't complain as we had to leave the next day.

Overall the hotel is clean, decent and value for money.

Room Tip: Confirm availabilitty of room even though booked in advance.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gpoonam13
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2011

The Hotel Grand Plaza in Hyderabad sits opposite the public gardens to the north of Nampally railway station in Hyderabad and a short walk away from the shopping area of Abids Circle and its collection of shoe, sari and kurta shops, not forgetting the bizarre shopping experience that is Big Bazaar.

Once again my friends Madhu and Savita’s blog, 10YearItch.com, provided me with the details about this hotel and we liked it so much I also want to recommend it. It was a toss-up between this hotel and another recommended one, the Amogh Yatri Niwas, but in the end I decided that Madhu/Savita’s advice had been faultless so far and the price of the rooms seemed a little better.

It was August and there’s no real need to book rooms in advance so I didn’t book this one, but on the train as we neared Hyderabad I went online and checked that there were still rooms there; there were. Arriving at the reception I requested two double rooms (Rs1249 each = £18) only to be told that only one was available and it was too small to get two extra beds into. They didn’t seem to believe that I was able to almost book two rooms less than two hours ago and there’d been no arrivals since. Houston, we have a problem. They showed the excutive rooms which were double the price and suites that were even dearer. Finally they offered me one double at Rs1249 and one executive at Rs2000 (20% discount). These buggers are scamming me I thought.

I told them I’d have a cup of tea and decide what to do and quickly whipped out the netbook and reserved two rooms, bar actually paying for them. Taking the netbook back to reception and showing them my 99% booking I asked them to explain how they had two doubles available online. Perplexed the head manager stepped in an offered me two executive rooms, one at Rs2000 (Rs500 off) and the other at Rs1249 (Rs1249). Finally, we had a deal.

So, our time at the hotel didn’t start too well, but that was where any issues finished, after that we found that it was a great hotel. The rooms, being executive rooms, were quite large, having a table and chairs, TV, A/C and a bathroom which actually contained a bath, the first bath we’ve encountered on this trip.

We ate lunch in their restaurant, opting for a-la-carte even though they had an all-you-can-eat-buffet available and the food was really good, even being delivered with a smile from their courteous waiters.

As we found the food really good we decided to eat there in the evening too and I decided to blow the budget on a Full Tandoori Chicken (£3), just for me. For some reason it didn’t occur to me that this would actually be a full chicken, but regardless I let Jane have two pieces and I polished off the rest. Yum.

Being so impressed with the restaurant we didn’t bother trying to find somewhere else nearby: the value was good; the food was good; the seating comfortable; the waiters were professional and attentive.

In fact everyone at this hotel was so professional it felt like we were staying in a hotel that would demand far more than the Rs1249 of their cheapest double room, especially as breakfast was included in that price.

I think the best way I can compliment this hotel, apart from this review, is to say that whenever I come back to Hyderbad I won’t bother looking anywhere else. If you’re looking for a hotel in the Rs1250-Rs2500 I’d suggest you check this place out.

(This review was copied from my blog article, which also has a few photos should you wish to view them: http://monsoon-meandering.winchcombe.org/index.php/posts/728/hotel-grand-plaza-hyderabad)

Room Tip: It gets busy, do book ahead. You won't save much by just arriving.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kwinchco
Pune
Reviewed November 23, 2011

i have been to hyderabad several times for my business visits and i find this hotel is very good.
the executive rooms are large with enough space for luggage . There is breakfast table with chairs , work desks for office work, free wi-fi , clean rooms with buffet breakfast. The food served is very nice. Afternoon buffet lunch is simply wonderful at just Rs 99/-. Hotel staff is helpful and courteous.At the travel desk you can book cab . The location too is good.

Room Tip: Business travellers should choose executive rooms if they wish to avail large rooms ,work desk etc.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vsthakar
pune
Reviewed April 25, 2011

it was a two day trip and so i was really looking for one nice hotel with 3stars and no bar..in one sentence what u pay here for an executive room is apparently less as the quality of rooms and other aspects deserve 4 star rating and last but not the least the service is quick as well as the staff is not at all rude in fact very cheerful, i believe they love their job so maybe thats why i really liked and also looking forward to go back again to hyderabad for its awesome Biryani and The Grand Plaza hotel..pls take my word on it as i love to criticize things around me....

Room Tip: executive room is ideal for a couple
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple