“Felt Special”

Ranked #14 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai
“Felt Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2011

A special place for special occasions, Grand Hotel, with all amenities & courteous and well trained staff. I am highly delighted with the food and the service at Prego Restaurant that we’re already talking about a return visit. Prices are surprisingly reasonable coming from a restaurant within a 5 star hotel The overall feel of the restaurant starts from the greeting of staff & delicious variety of Italian food and specially the cheese cakes made their special place in our memories….

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Avadhutdhumale
, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 20, 2011
Dear Guest

I’m delighted to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received, particularly your dining experience at our Italian venue - Prego. We at the Westin take immense pride in elevating the senses and providing everlasting memories. We look forward to welcoming you back for many more inspiring moments.

THE WESTIN HYDERABAD MINDSPACE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

I lived in Hyderabad for nearly three years and have stayed at many of the 5 star hotels in the city including the Taj Krishna, Novotel, Ista, ITC Kakatiya and Marriott. All all fine hotels, and the Westin is right up there with the rest of them. If you are in town for business in HITEC City/Mahdapur, then the Westin is a perfect location. It's not directly off a major street so you really don't hear a lot of the traffic noise and honking that you might get if you were right on a busy street. The staff are extremely nice, but as I've found in many India hotels, sometimes they are too nice to the point of being annoying. Example, I don't want you removing my toothbrush from the glass on the bathroom counter and placing it back in my toothbrush holder. Don't touch a guest's toothbrush period. Aside from some minor annoyances, my overall stay was very pleasurable. The Italian restaraunt is fine as is the breakfast buffet. The pool area is very nice and I found the rooms to be very comfortable. I noticed no major internet speed problems and was able to stream my Slingbox connection from the US. If you are visiting Hyderabad for tourism, then the location of the Westin will not be great for you. But if you are here for business in HITEC City, it's a great choice.

1 Thank VivaPamplona
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 16, 2011
Dear Guest,

Your kind suggestions are greatly appreciated. Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable feedback. Necessary steps have been taken to ensure we live up to our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2011

Very confortable stay. The Staff are very welcoming and freindly. Clearly trained to a high standard. It made our 4 nights in Hyderabad a pleasure.

1 Thank johnalmeida22
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and i would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the services you received. Thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2011

We stayed at the Westin for a week in January. We reserved a suite to accommodate our family. It was absolutely gorgeous and very clean. The decor was contemporary and the beds were very comfortable. The shower/bathroom was very modern. The rainhead shower was really refreshing after long days of traveling. The breakfast buffet was extensive and delicious. We did note some inconsistencies in the level of service at breakfast but nothing that would spoil our meal. We ate at the Italian and Indian restaurants on-site and both were excellent. The staff overall was very accommodating. Serita, one of the hostesses in the lobby, made us feel very welcome and even helped us when we had difficulty communicating with a cab driver. On the day of departure, one of the gentleman working behind the counter of the lobby cafe went out of his way by going up to the office to get us change for the airport. He then refused to accept a tip! The only negative at all was that it was very expensive to hire a car through the hotel. The cars were clean and well-maintained and the drivers were good but it was much more than we had paid in other locations. As the hotel is located in Hi-Tech City you do need transportation to get to the city of Hyderabad and the sights so that would be something to take into consideration when planning your stay. All in all, it was a wonderful, comfortable stay and I would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Good2GoPa
Westin123, Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received. We at the Westin take immense pride in elevating the senses and providing everlasting memories to all our guests.

I could understand the concern raised from your end on the car service organized from our travel desk. We are grateful for the feedback and you have my assurance that I will address the issue with the concerned representative.

We are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

The hotel is very near my office so it was a perfect choice. Their driver was very, very nice and told me some stories along the way. The room...was wow! Amazing! I did encounter an issue with my room so I need to transfer. On that night it happened, I was really frustrated and disappointed. But I've never expected that I will get an e-mail from their Rooms Division Manager, Rajesh Malliya. Offering me a different room and a massage would be more than enough but he waited for me to come from work to have a talk with me in person. He apologized in person and explained things which I really appreciate. I'm not manager or something which made a big difference to me. He and the rest of the staff made me forget what happened. You guys are wonderful. I'm staying in a different hotel now in Mumbai and I could see the big difference (though Rajesh helped me if I could transfer to Westin in Mumbai because the hotel I'm in now has a terrible service!).

Whenever I go back to hotel from work, you people always greet me and ask how my day was. Whenever you see your guest, you always greet them. ALL of them not just Americans or British. I mean ALL. When I asked the driver to take me to the mall (I'm very, very bad with names, I apologize), he also took time and showed me around when he learned I won't have time to see Hyderabad. It was my first day and I was almost done with shopping already! You guys have the best breakfast so far. Perfect waffles and eggs. Even during our dinner last Thursday was amazing!

During the time I had this bad incident, the girl who answers the phone was such an angel. I know I was rude during that night and I thanked all you for understanding me. I know what happened was not excused for me to rude at you. I appreciate all the kindness you have showered upon me. Your hospitality is truly amazing.

And I thought, since I’m checking out, it would end there. But no! The manager who assisted me with my check-out was a SUPERMAN in disguise! I know all these things would have been better if I was able to catch all your names and I’m really, really sorry . When I got to the airport, one of their staff met me. Asif Ali ShaiKu (I hope I got it right). I was willing to give-up and just pay the whole amount of excess baggage but he did everything and dealt with everything. He could have left me after that but no! He waited my signal until I passed the inspection.

Overall, my stay was wonderful. And it was due to you guys…My colleagues were asking me if I regret that I was not able to see Hyderabad. I said no. Not really. Why? I didn’t have to go far to see the best of Hyderabad…not only I got to see them but also talk to them. The staff of Westin is all I need to know what Hyderabad really is.

I cannot wait to go back again to my second home because that’s how I feel when I stayed there. Thank you.

-Asia Cuan-

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 6, 2011
Dear Guest

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the service you received. Your valuable comments are greatly appreciated. Guest comfort is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. I have brought your encouraging comments.

We at the Westin take immense pride in elevating the senses and providing everlasting memories to all our guests. We are grateful for your support and do hope that we may have the pleasure of your company in our hotel in the near future.

Odessa, Ukraine
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,543 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

First of all - if you have something to do in the city of Hyderabad or are in India for sightseeing: this is the totally wrong place! Due to the location in IT-City, approx. 30 - 45 minutes from city center this Hotel caters the IT professionals or guests who need to visit the industry on the outskirts of Hyderabad. For these people the location is just perfect since it allows bypassing the traffic jam inside the city.

I wouldn't call the Hotel a Luxury-Hotel as you expect it from WESTIN. It's more a modern 3* hotel. For example the Indian restaurant is located at basement level and doesn't have a window. The pool, due to the construction around, doesn't offer any privacy; the "Deli" offers very basic sandwiches (my chocolates even had parts of the plastic packaging of a chocolate bar inside).

The SPG-Platinum-Lounge at 25th floor is the highlight. It offers good views (well, lots of construction around) and very good services such as breakfast, pre-dinner snacks. The staff is very helpful.

The room (we got a corner room) was quite okay - but also not luxurious as other WESTIN Hotels. Even the hotel is only 1.5 years old some parts already look a bit worn out (sink...). And, due to the construction around it's not really quite (constructions go on during the night!).

The really weak point of the hotel is the miserable wireless internet connection. It's very slow and it constantly breaks down completely (even for some hours). Catering IT people from the IT companies around this is a real problem. We had IT staff at our room, at the Lounge - but they all gave up.

If the would sort out their internet problem this Hotel would be a very nice "aloft" or "4points" - but for sure not a WESTIN.

2 Thank HONkiev
Westin123, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are extremely concerned to learn of your recent experience at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace.

This is a ‘definite’ departure from our normal service and product standards. Clearly we have not lived up to your expectation of this fine hotel.

Your feedback will go a long way in helping us in our endeavor to provide a personal, instinctive, renewal experience of the Westin Hotels & Resorts.

Would also like to update you that we have rectified the wireless internet connectivity for a better bandwidth, as now we have upgraded it to 12 MPS.

I assure that you will see a distinctive difference on your next visit. I hope you will give us the opportunity to host.

Pretoria, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

I travel extensively in India for work and as a result I am quite particular with the hotels I choose to stay in. They have to be effective, clean, cater to extensive buisness support in the form of buisness center, conference rooms and service which understands the value of beign supportive yet discrete. When I am done, I need to relax and enjoy some good food. Need I mention the Heavenly bed? Outstanding!
The Westin is the best I have stayed in so far! They truly understand the need of a buisness traveler and on weekends it seems they even understand to make it enjoyable for the local Hyderabadian, as the hotel brunch on Sundays seems to be extraordinarily popular - and judging from the quality and variety of the food I do understand.
The Westin is by no match the best hotel in Hyderabad and argueably in all of India! At least, I have not stayed in a better hotel. Even if the GM is French:-)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at The Westin Hyderabad Mindspace, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to write. It was inspiring to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your renewing stay with us and all your valuable comments are greatly appreciated. Guest comfort is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise. We are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you back in the future and give us an opportunity to provide many more enriching experiences.