“Nice hotel”

Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad
Ranked #16 of 317 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights from 8th till 10th decent place right in heart , beautifully done large rooms , thoughtfully done bathroom , every thing what a discerning business man needs , a generous spread for breakfast , tasteful and sumptuous , staff the biggest strength they have no fake plastic smiles genuine hospitality kudos keep it up

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Ms Hem G
I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. The location and close proximity to business hubs and tourist attractions makes Courtyard by Marriott, Hyderabad a preferred location. Built on the contemporary design philosophy, the hotel takes into account all the needs of a modern day traveler. Thank you for commending our food and hospitality; it is a compliment to hear that our genuine smile and service has touched your heart. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed with wife and 2 kids in the executive deluxe - twin bed. Had a very comfortable stay. The highlight being great food from MoMo cafe. Amazing job Chef Naveen. Breakfast spread is amazing, not to be missed even if not staying with the courtyard.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Srivathsa_dv

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that your family and you had a fabulous stay. At Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, our focus is on ensuring that all our guests have a comfortable stay. Thank you for commending MoMo Café and Chef Naveen. I have shared your feedback with him and he is happy to hear that he helped make this stay memorable for you. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Was a rush trip with my parents in Hyderabad for a conference and I wanted them to meet my to be wife, having had long stays at Marriott earlier, my only choice was Marriott and 2 days spent there were totally wonderful, with excellent service and a comfortable short stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Mr NikhileshMahakur,
I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a fabulous experience. I hope the meeting with your parents and your wife to be went well.I also hope you had the opportunity to go sightseeing as the hotel is in close proximity to most local attractions. Thank you for commending our hospitality and service as at the Marriott our effort is to ensure that all our guests are comfortable and have a memorable experience. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is the second time I stayed here however I can't count the first one since they upgraded me to their Marriott property last time. This time it was a weekend stay with Family. A surprise visit for a short vacation to Hyderabad. And the hotel was also part of the surprise. The rooms are clean and with good amenities ( however we got a bad view since it was first floor and blocked by the hotels facade) .. anyways it did not matter since we were not in during day time.. Breakfast was ample and good and the service was excellent.. The staff was welcoming and courteous .. and the price was excellent too.. overall a great satisfaction from me and family ..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sai9701
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Mr Sai9701,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a memorable stay. Thank you for commending our hospitality and service. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Courtyard Hyderabad for over 30 nights staggered over May and June since I was transferred to Hyd, and was waiting for my apartment to get ready.

The following was my experience -
- Very comfortable and well maintained rooms. Room 5125 was the most comfortable (with the best view amongst the rooms I stayed in, at the end of a corridor), where we spent the last 19 days. Akram at the front desk was particularly helpful in allotting this room at my request.
- Good breakfast spread with an extremely cheerful and helpful manager (Roshan) every morning.
- An overall disappointing experience with the restaurants at lunch/dinner, both with the quality of the food and the quality of the service.
In room service, the quality of food ranged from good to very poor, with the very basics sometimes being ignored. I once ordered lemon rice on request and was amazed to find that the peanuts in the rice were hardly roasted and were almost raw! At other times, the paneer was consistently chewy and not soft. Yet another time, the chef chose to send me (without pre-checking!) a sandwich of his own choice, since the one I ordered could not be prepared.
My wife and I also had lunch twice at the Okra in the adjoining Marriott. While the desserts in the buffet were excellent, the starters both times were lying dead cold in the buffet spread. Even when requested at the table, it were the same cold starters that were picked up and served. Not expected of a hotel of this class. Service at the Okra was surprisingly poor with us constantly having to wave out to draw attention. This was not only the case at the Sunday brunch (which is crowded, that could be an excuse) but also surprisingly on another day when the restaurant was largely empty.
At the Momo cafe, we had the dinner buffet once- the choice was extremely limited and the service was poor.
- At times, an exasperating lack of attention to detail. e.g., soup being served in room service without salt and pepper, items specifically requested for being missed out to be served, only one glass being kept in the room although we were on double occupancy, amongst others. At the Momo cafe, in the dinner buffet, neither do the servers inform you of the items available directly at the table (starters, ice cream), nor is anything listed on the table in a menu card, nor is it on display at the counters! You get to know what's available if you chance upon somebody else having something that you weren't served!
- Extremely poor quality of laundry service- This really does take the cake. When the laundry charges are as exorbitant as they are, one would expect absolutely impeccable service. Unfortunately, this was not the case. We must have given laundry about 5-6 times. In one instance, clips/hooks were broken, which was very annoying but I ignored it thinking it must be one-off. However, the immediate next time, i found a button on my shirt broken. Unfortunately, I had already checked out and realised this after getting home. Not expected when you pay 200 odd rupees for a shirt wash!

All in all, a good hotel for a short stay of 3-4 days, where most of the detail goes unnoticed, but not recommended for a longer stay, since there are gaping holes in the service that then come to light. Also, I would stay clear of dining at the Okra or at the Momo cafe.

The Management at the hotel really has a lot to do in order to retain even the 3 or 4 star tag that the hotel holds.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Mr Sunil R
At the outset I regret that your experience has not been up to your expectation. Please be assured that I have heard all your candid feedback and have discussed it with my team. Since most guests at Courtyard prefer a quick meal, our options are less extensive at MoMo cafe. However anticipating the needs of long stayers, our chefs are happy to prepare a meal of your choice at any given point of time. I would like to discuss the feedback mentioned with you and I hope you would treat this experience in isolation and give us another opportunity to showcase the signature hospitality we are renowned for.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Hotels in India can be a challenge and so I was very relieved to be staying at the Marriott as I knew the quality standard would be resonable. This hotel is a typical mid-class Marriott that is clean, efficient and comfortable at a reasonable room rate.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Ms.DGjackie,

I am delighted to hear that you have had a wonderful stay with us and that the Marriott experience has been up to your satisfaction. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Courtyard by Marriott is in a ideal location in the middle of the city if you are not doing business in Hitec City. It is very close to many shopping areas and older business offices in Hyderabad. Let me also notate here that there aren't really any spectacular views of Lake Hussein Sagar from the Courtyard since this hotel faces away from it. So the views are not why you stay at this hotel. The hotel is a great value considering room rates go for around 4500 INR per night (~$75) with that gigantic breakfast spread included. The hotel recognizes elite status very well though upgrades are really hard to come by on the Courtyard side. The Executive club lounge is definitely one of the best I have visited to date and the service all round is consistently some of the best I have experienced at a chain hotel. The drawbacks of the hotel are very few considering it has become widely accepted to design a bathroom with a window. The hotel does have a generator so you need not worry of long power outages during your stay. This will be my go to hotel in Hyderabad when staying in the inner city. The hotel really deserves full marks if not for the poor design of the bathroom space. I don't know which person decided not to put a complete shower door or leave a window to the bathroom. Please read the entire review at grabamile.com

Room Tip: My only advice is that you make sure that you book the Courtyard instead of the Marriott since many...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Mr Grabamile,
I am pleased to hear that Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad is your preferred city centre hotel in Hyderabad. It is indeed a great place for business travellers who are on the go and most major business hubs are in close proximity form the hotel. The breakfast spread is extensive as we like to offer our guests to experience both local and international flavours. Thank you for commending the executive lounge, it is definitely a place to hang out and enjoy the views of the lake while you grab a bite or drink. I have taken note of your feedback on the design layout. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit soon.