“Nice Stay”

Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad
Ranked #16 of 317 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here with family for 4 nights including the new year eve. Overall had nice experience.

Service : This is the best part of this hotel and hence mentioned first. This is the reason why I gave this hotel very good rating. The staff was extremely cordial. To name a few - Prashant (from restaurant), Pinky (resolved and decided one of our matter promptly - for which most of the staff struggled for sometime - surprisingly even after she already resolved it), chefs and other staff from the restaurant. They gave us lake view rooms.

Locaton : its good. near to the lake and various parks. Your view is blocked by the htoel marriot.

Room : Room was good and had a partial lake view. washroom not to five star standard. Toiletries need improvement and are quite basic. carpet needs cleaning.

Food : Breakfast spread was good. Otherwise the Menu is quite limited. You then have the option of other restautants in marriot.

amenities : Not much for this hotel. However you can use the amenities of marriot. swimming pool was closed during our stay (for 31st evening celebrations). we were informed that no area for kids to play. this was major drawback.

I also would like to thank the staff who made our 31st evening special.

Overall it was value for money.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are good.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Pradnesh,
Thank you for reviewing us. At the outset I would like to wish you and your family a very happy new year. I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the new year’s eve was special. At Marriott we always put our guests’ preferences and needs on priority so that each one of them has a memorable experience. Please be assured I have taken your feedback seriously and I hope you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Hyderabad. Look forward to welcoming you again.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The hotel is in just away from birla mandir and hussainsagar. The breakfast is really good and the Pan cake is fabulous.But need to have a very good pest control in place as I have seen small insect on my working desk during my stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear MMD1611,
Thank you for reviewing us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast spread. Please be assured I have taken your feedback seriously and we have started work on it. Hope you would give us another opportunity to make your visit a memorable one.Look forward to welcoming you soon

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My expectations from this hotel was quite ordinary even before walking in and it remained the same even when I walked out.

My average review for this Hotel is not for any displeasure or bad service, but just that I did not notice one single outstanding or commendable thing about the hotel.
The rooms lack appeal and class. Found my room dull lit. Bathroom toileteries were standard quality. Sleep quality was ok. I could you hear the faintest of sound from outside the room. My room refrigerator wasn't working.

Breakfast spread was decent. Was disappointed with my order of Caesar salad in room service though. Will only come back in case of unavailability at other hotels or a steal deal. Nothing else will pull me to consider this again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Zubinnalawala,
Thank you for your candid review. I regret that our services have not been up to your liking. As a contemporary business hotel, our effort is always to ensure that all our guest needs are well met.
Please be assured that I have taken your feedback very seriously and hope you would give us another opportunity to showcase our hospitality and make it memorable for you.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Excellent services. Excellent View. Excellent breakfast. Good rooms. Very Good Bathroom. Decent toiletries. What else a traveler can ask for ? Enjoyed my meal too. Distance from Airport is slightly disadvantage but that is the case in many of the Hyderabad hotels ! Go ! Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Nilayanb,
Thank you for reviewing us. I’m delighted to hear that you have enjoyed every moment of your stay with us. I look forward to welcome you again. Wishing you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. The staff are helpful and the service is very good. My room was clean and spacious. The hotel restraurant was good, with an excellent breakfast and a buffet dinner offering lots of choice. Prices are reasonable and the hotel offers good value.
The only drawback is the location, next to a busy road on one side and buildings on the back. It's joined to its sister hotel the Marriott by a bridge. WIth the Marriott you pay more and get a lakeside view.
You pay for the wifi and it's a bit fiddly as you have to key in your room code when switching locations from your room to the lobby area.
It's about 45 minutes from the airport in light traffic. Avoid travelling 0800-1100 or 1700-2000 local times when rush hours cause gridlock. In heavy traffic allow much more time for your journey - at least double.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the back of the hotel to avoid noisy traffic at the front. Go high for a better ci...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear DH14,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I’m delighted that you have fully enjoyed your stay experience with us. Courtyard by Marriott is a downtown hotel, located in the heart of the bustling city with close proximity to business hubs, shopping arcades and the city’s historic monuments. At Marriott we adhere to the highest security, the wi-fi is protocol is followed stringently to ensure that our guests security is never compromised. We hope to make your next with us as memorable as this one.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

i stayed at courtyard for 2 nights during my visit for a confrence.I felt rooms were quite good & spacious with all the amenities u may require.Washrooms were also neat & spacious.All the staff here is really too helpful & try to serve you their best possible.Best part of the hotel was MoMo cafe where i could get the best ambience while having dinner.Breakfast was amazing with lots of good varieties including south,north indian as well as continental.The service provided by the staff at MoMo cafe was really amazing especially sherin for his passion for awesome dishes.Overall it was really a wonderful experience there & would love to come here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Shalini2907,
Thank you for reviewing us. I’m glad to hear that you have had a wonderful time during your stay with us. At Marriott we always ensure that all guest needs are met with and I’m happy that they are up to your liking. I have conveyed your feedback with my team at MoMo café and they are delighted to from you. Look forward to welcoming you at the hotel soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in Courtyard Marriot for a conference.

The room are nice and clean. Both hotel are connected by a enclosed bridge so you can enjoy both places.
Do try the Attitude bar on the roof, it has a amazing view of the lake.

All the staff here is really friendly and will help you in every way possible.

I was also eating here daily (MoMo Cafe)and let me tell you I was not disappointed at all. The food here is amazing in variety and quality.

Especial shout out to Chef Sherin Jude for exceptional service and his great passion for making good innovative dishes.

A Sunday brunch a must is you are in Hyderabad.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear Shantanu_Dutt,
Thank you for reviewing us. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed the Marriott experience. Our chefs make it a point to put together an eclectic menu that pleases all palates and are sure to change it every day so that our guests eagerly look forward to dining at MoMo café. I have shared your feedback with Chef Sherin Jude and he is delighted to hear from you. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.