“Excellent Hotel, Great Location (near lake) and Value Price with Luxury”

Courtyard Hyderabad
Ranked #20 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Danbury, Connecticut, United States
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,364 helpful votes
“Excellent Hotel, Great Location (near lake) and Value Price with Luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is another prime example of Courtyard properties across India upping the ante in terms of classy service, amazing food (starting with a huge breakfast spread) and super attentive staff. Every single Courtyard property that I have stayed in during my visits to India have offered a superlative experience and this one did NOT disappoint! I highly recommend this property.

Note that this is a unique twin hotel property and adjacent to an Full Service Marriott. Both are connected via a nice passageway and offer access to a business center and available conference center, fitness center etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
17 Thank MALAYAPPAN
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard Hyderabad, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Malayappan,

Thank you for the great review!

We assure you that we will continue to live up to the benchmark hospitality of the Courtyard brand by providing you exceptional service and value for money.

We look forward to hosting you again!

Warm Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Indonesian first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

this hotel is next to the lake and has very neat clean rooms with nice beds and linen.
the food is reasonably decent and the staff is very courteous.
we stayed for 3 days but time flew mainly on account of busy schedules.
on the downside ,though is a small lobby that can lead to cluttering sometimes, the property is actually built on a smaller area and goes more vertical.
another downside is the graveyard view right adjacent from the rooms!
overall nice place to stay.

Room Tip: chose lakeview rooms only
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear drvivek13,

Thank you for the feedback!

We are glad that your stay with us was busy yet comfortable.

We look forward to your future visits.

Warm Regards
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I had a training session at Marriott for 4 day in the month of May'13 and the training room provided was just excellent. Staff was very prompt and welcoming and extended their services extra step to please their clients. I would love to do more training at Marriott

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Megha,

Thank you for the review!

We are glad that you had a productive and comfortable stay with us and look forward having you stay with us again.

Youngstown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed here with some friends for 2 weeks. The facilities are wonderful, bed comfortable, and everything is so clean! The service here is what really distinguishes it from any other hotel, I really felt completely at home here, everyone here became like family. The people at the restaurant are so kind and anticipate your wants. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone in a heartbeat!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sarah G,

Thank you for the review!

Your enthusiastic appreciation of the hotel, it's facilities and the staff serves as a great source of encouragement for us!

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Warm Regards
Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

My recent stay with Courtyard Hyderabad has been the worst experience till date with the Marriott group. I have never imagined that I will have to experience a low grade level of services from a hotel who is part of a repute group.

It is not just one event that has influenced me to judge and conclude my opinion. I would have given it a pass if so was the case. I think the staff lacks on listening abilities and probably misses on noting the instructions being given to them, which in turn cost money and harassment to the guests who are happy to give them repeat business and enroll in the loyalty program's.

Below is the rational for my opinion.

Out Dated Menu in Room.
I checked in the hotel in the afternoon. I ordered for the afternoon lunch based on the menu that was placed in the room. I had asked for a Manchow soup and Pad Thai. To my surprise, after placing the order, I got 4 calls for the confirmation of the order I placed. And every time a different voice. Finally I got fed up as I was hungry and asked them for Manchow soup and Fried rice. The guy delivered, while I was signing the bill I realised that the bill price did not match with the price on the menu. I informed the person, who said he will highlight the matter to the authorised person.

After sometime I got a call from MoMo restaurant personnel wherein he informed that there has been a recent change in the menu and menu that is placed in my room is out dated. I passed it at that moment and told the person on the call "it's ok".He apologised for the event and he said he will send someone to change the menu right away.

I distinctly informed that he can change the menu in the evening as I was about to get to into a con call and did not wanted any disturbance. I was very clear with the instruction, however after an hour there was a knock at the door, and I see a person with a new menu. I did not bother again thinking that he is just completing his task and apparently I too could not get on to my con. call.

Booking radio car.
I returned from a late meeting and while I working on my emails. I requested Mr. Ravi who was on the job to book a Meru or Yellow car service for me for morning around 7am as i had to reach office around 8am. To which he responded "noted sir". I also informed him to keep my bills ready as I wanted to be out of the hotel as quickly as possible, to which again he responded he will take care of the same.

I was at the reception around 7:05am. I was surprised to know that neither the car was booked for me nor the bill was kept ready. To add upto to this Mr. Ravi informed that he has booked the hotel car. I reminded him that I had asked for the Meru car and not the hotel. If the hotel policy does not allow the front desk to book the room. He could have informed me in the night and I would have booked the car on my own. He requested, I should take the breakfast. And in the mean time he will book the car and prepare the bill to check me out. I returned after having my breakfast and I was informed that the car is booked and it will reach around 7:30. I waited for a while and I request him to check as to where the Meru car has reached, he informed that he is on his way and they would charge me 5:50.

He then disappeared from the scene, and I kept following with other personnel who were manning the desk. They informed me that the car has come in and they took my bags to board me in the car. I was surprised to see the Marriott car and not the Meru car. Since I was getting late I boarded the car thinking that Mr. Ravi arranged the hotel car since he realised his mistake. However, I was shocked when the driver asked for 1543 from the travel. I felt cheated just because of the inefficiency of Mr. Ravi who was not attentive at performing his duties. As a good samaritan. i honoured the car bill.

However, I would want this to go to the ears of the General Manager, who can train and instruct the Director of room service to remove any outdated write ups, brochures from the room. And to the front desk staff who are considered to be the ambassador of the property, to be attentive on job, be prompt with their services and should not cheat and lie to the quest.

Live upto your standards !

Harassed Guest
Room 1117

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Balbinder Sidhu S
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard Hyderabad, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Mr. Sidhu,

Greetings of the Day!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us.

We regret that you were unable to experience the high level of service that is synonymous to Marriott. It is our sincere and constant endeavor to offer the very highest standards of services to our esteemed guests. We have taken corrective actions to ensure that such incidents do not occur again.

We sincerely request you to treat this incident in isolation and not allow it to mar your opinion of us. As a sign of our commitment to great hospitality I humbly request you to please give us another opportunity to demonstrate our dedication towards our guests and guest satisfaction. You would have received an email on your personal email address from our Duty Manager and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Assuring you of excellent service delivery for all your future visits,

Warm Regards,
Sharad Datta
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

I come to HYD often and spend 1-2 months per stay. I have been staying at Courtyard for the last 2 years or so and am extremely pleased with the hotel, staff, meals, and service. Hotel staff is very friendly and welcoming and is quite remarkable at catering to one's needs to ensure the stay is very enjoyable. I will not be doing justice to everyone who always makes my stay great, but Soma (the chef), Anil (MoMo service), Prashant (host), and Medhavi (MoMo service) are names that come to mind when thinking of how great my experience is at this hotel. And not to forget Ashok in the Altitude lounge at Marriott! Thanks to all for making my stays very enjoyable.
Cheers
Chris H.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard Hyderabad, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Chris H,

Thank you for the review and wonderful compliments!

Your encouragement will be passed on to the MoMo Cafe and Altitude teams!

We look forward to continue to host you during your future visits to Hyderabad.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

The Courtyard Marriott was a home away from home for two months earlier this year. One always felt very welcome here and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The rooms are well appointed and fitted with all the necessary one needs. I do feel thought that there are paan stains in some of the bathrooms that should be dealt with. The food is good as is the service from bar staff who went out of their way. The pool and spa was good too

Room Tip: Upper floors are best
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear GJMLondon,

Thank you for your review and feedback!

It was a pleasure for us to host you during your stay in Hyderabad. We are glad that your visit was enjoyable as well as comfortable.

We sincerely hope to see you back soon.