“Keeps up to the name”

Ranked #21 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Keeps up to the name”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have stayed here couple of times during my business visits to Hyderabad. All my stays have been very pleasant and would definately recommend a stay here.

Pros:
(*) Very well located near to hussain sagar lake. It was my regular place for evening strolls.
(*) Has very good in-house restaurants
(*) The internet connectivity was free which was very useful for me (via my Mariott membership though)
(*) The staff was extremly good. Since I had stay which would last for weeks, the breakfast menu would be repeatitive. However the restaurant manager would always ask me for anything specific I need for breakfast and would always oblige if I ask for anything.
(*) I was upgraded twice without me requesting for it which was a very good gesture.

Cons:
(*) The telephone charges are really high (I would say unjustified) so avoid using it. I had to make a call once since my cell phone battery was drained off and I was charged Rs 1000 for a 7 min STD call. The good part was that they offered me a 30% discount but Rs 700 was still too high.
(*) Does not have good restaurants in the vicinity. One needs to travel a bit to get to nearby restaurants.

Overall a very good experience with the pros outweighing the cons. Would love to visit soon.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the higher floors. They are quieter and give a better view of the lake.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Indonesian first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 10 days while attending a family wedding. We chose this hotel as it was a recognised name, it was offering a goiod B&B rate and was conveniently placed between the airport and our family's home.

All staff members were very friendly and we must make particular mention of the staff at MoMo, who were extremely professional, helpful and friendly. They really went out of their way to make us feel welcome. My husband, as an Indian living in the UK, very much enjoyed the breakfasts, lunches and dinners on offer. As someone not familiar with the wide range of Indian food on offer, the staff were very helpful in recommending dishes for me.

We had a quiet room on the 4th floor, facing the back of the building. It was well furnished with a large bathroom and was cleaned very well. The only flaw was the emergency light on the skirting board which came on very brightly when there was a power cut - a few times at night this woke me up. This might have been better placed elsewhere.

We used the pool and spa facilities at the main Marriott hotel across the road and we also had dinner at Okra there.

There were nice touches such as a card inviting us to have a glass of complimentary wine at the rooftop Altitude Bar in the main Marriott, which was a lovely place to watch the sun set over the lake, and listen to the hustle and bustle of the city below. We also received a lovely surprise of a tray of fresh fruit and cream cakes as a gift from MoMo.

All in all it was very good and we will definitely make this our hotel on our next visit to Hyderabad.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Overall great experience for our family vacation of 3 nights 4 days, The stay was excellent, Rooms were pretty well maintained. The staff was courteous, The food was outstanding.
I must say it is one of my finest hotel stay experience in India.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice view of Hussain Sagar lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PawanTare
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Approach : The hotel is behind the Mariott hotel which faces Hussiansagar lake. Courtyard is connected to Mariott (Main) hotel thorugh an overbridge. Courtyard has partial views of the lake and distant. If you are keen on lake facing rooms book in the main mariott hotel.

Check In : Check In was smooth, they actually send out an email couple of day earlier to confirm your reservation and to seek any preferences. I had requested for a higher floor room with specific pillows which was considered. The standard check in time is 3 pm which is surprisingly very late.

Rooms : Rooms are pretty good and comfortable. They are large, spacious, modernly decorated, with all the modern amenities. Mini Bar is pretty economical. Rooms have french windows which over look the road and have partial views of the lake. Bathrooms are a big turn off which actually is the worst part of hotel. Bathrooms are cramped with a single shower. They provide all standard toiletries.

Food : Food was pretty good. we had ordered Indian food and was quite good. Service was prompt. They have a decent spread at morning breakfast buffet. South Indian food was better over rest.

Service : Service was prompt but not polished as you find in a five star hotel. Seems all support staff were trained to ask three questions 1) how was the journey 2) where are you coming from 3) was it raining which is embarrassing as every other attendant would ask the same questions.

Amenities : Courtyard has zero amenities, however you get access to use facilities at Mariott hotel. Mariott hotel has a decent pool, a spa (O2), a very good health club. However it takes a long walk to use these facilities.

Check Out : Check out was quick and smooth with no errors. The hotel has a check out time of 12 noon however they allow to extend upto 2 hours.

Would stay again : NO

If you are keen for hussainsagar lake go for the main mariott hotel which costs one grand more.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms facing road have partial view of the lake but which is still distant.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dhaval_FFP
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've stayed at a lot of courtyard hotels over the last few years and I must say that this is the most disappointing hotel. To begin with, most of the amenities of this hotel are shared with the main Marriott Hotel that is connected via an over-bridge -- swimming pool, gym, restaurant etc. While I'm okay with the arrangement, the website doesn't clearly state this and this wasn't told up front to us.

While the room-service staff were very helpful and friendly, the behavior of the house keeping staff is highly questionable. Whenever we asked for extra towels or a bathrobe or bathroom slippers, it'd take ages for the house keeping staff to send this over. On one occasion, the towel had blood stains on it and we had to return it. This brings us to another question - Why would the hotel not stock a bath-robe or slippers in the room in the first place? This was quite shocking to us because these amenities are a standard requirement for all hotels that are rated 4 stars and above.

While the room was big, the bathroom was slightly smaller, and the shower area in the bathroom was even smaller. Even after closing the shower door, water from the shower would flow outside the shower area and clog the rest of the toilet. And for those of you who're afraid of asking the dreaded question -- Yes, the bathroom doesn't have a hand shower and this is deal-breaker for a lot of Indian travelers traveling within India. These clearly signal an immediate need for renovating the bathroom.

The biggest advantage has to be the location (which is okay and not as good as what Taj has) and the size of the room. Room service staff are good too. I had a few friends visit us during our stay and they had no issues in that either, which I thought is very good. However, Courtyard needs to plug these minor service gaps and live up to the worldwide Courtyard standard that we all know off.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank yofobubu
Pune
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Me and my wife were on leisure trip to Hyderabad out of which we spent 2 nights at this Hotel. Though I found that it was more for business purpose, in no way i was left feeling awkward by the staff. we could enjoy our leisure time in the Hotel.

We took the 2nd anniversary package of the Hotel which gave complimentary breakfast per night.

Hotel: The Lobby is very huge. It is connected to "MoMo" Cafe which is used for breakfast. Staff is very courteous and prompt. You feel nice when the staff(right from the security, to front office, to chef,to waiters, to the Bell boys, to room service guys, to guys working in the corridor) makes you feel so special for them. The location of the Hotel is also very good near to Hussain Sagar lake. Though it is distant, the sight is beautiful. Wi-Fi service is also provided as per the package. Better ask and use or else it would be charged. Snow world is very near to the hotel. Also Hussain sagar lake and Lumbini Park is walking distance.

Rooms: The rooms are spacious with French window view. The Room has free mineral bottles and they gave complimentary cold drinks and snacks in refrigerator. Wi-Fi is also provided as per the package.

Services: The best is It gives a complete access to Marriott Convention Center which is connected beautifully through a bridge. This bridge was converted to an art Gallery which has amazing paintings hanged on both sides of the wall. The poolside ambience is just superb. The Hotel Interior of both Courtyard and Marriott Convention Center is decorated beautifully. You just spend time in amaze. A Complimentary choclate cake was offered on the occassion of my wife's birthday.

Breakfast at MoMo Cafe: The breakfast is very tasty and delicious. They had lots of fresh juices , corn flakes, yogurts, fruits. We found the menu repetitive though.

Food: We had lunch at Okra restaurant which is at Marriott Convention Center. We had "Subz Dum Biryani" and "Green apple Mojito" at Poolside which is just outside of the restaurant. Biryani and mojito was amazing. Very tasty and delicious.

Then we had dinner at "Altitude Lounge and Bar" on top floor of Marriott CC with Hussain Sagar Lake and half of the Hyderabad City view. The atmoshpere was simply amazing. As it was Tuesday Night they had DJ Juke Box. Every day they have some different events going on in the Lounge. DJ sings the song as per your wish. As it was my wife's birthday, I dedicated a song to my wife which was very nicely sung by DJ even thought it was not a male version song :).
We had a lovely veg platter. though it was expensive, but we enjoyed it.

Suggestions:
1) Freshener should be used in the corridors.
2) Breakfast Menu should be different each day.

Worth a try.....

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have better view of Marriott CC and lake as well. Top floor rooms should b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lavishcancerian
NY
Reviewed July 7, 2012

If you want to know the meaning of best hospitality, this is the place to be. Right from check in to check out, it 's an awesome experience. Room size was very good for a group of 3! The staff is so well trained. You feel like at home with staff being part of your family! The breakfast buffet has lot of variety. If there is something else needed, the staff make every effort to satisfy your taste buds. Lounge/ health club are located in adjacent Marriot which can be accessed through a Sky Bridge. Taking a morning walk in the Tank Bund looking at Hussain Sagar lake is nice.
Very close to Historic places.
Couple of things to note : the breakfast area and checkin area, have bunch of flies flying around. It's certainly concerning in the breakfast area as some flies are invading the fruit juices. But the staff were there to chase them away with tennis bat like fly catchers. The window glasses outside the room were not that clean, but I guess that could be because of the birds, and no rain :-)

Above all, people make all the difference at this hotel. And I am more than happy to recommend this place. It's just an awesome experience.

Room Tip: Get Non Smoking rooms.higher floors good.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family