“Great pool - poor management”

and 1 more site!
Leonia Holistic Destination
Ranked #25 of 347 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Our organizer planned this group outing over a week prior to our attendance. She had received an email with the agreed price per person. I was surprised to see the guide speak rudely to the organizer. But then she's a petite woman and the guide was male.

At the end of our stay, she delivered payment and was told that based on a phone call the previous evening, the price per head had been changed.

Even though the organizer printed a copy of the email complete with price per head, the management insisted the phone call was more valid than the email.

I have had similar conversations with other hotel/ b&bs, drivers etc. I would not have expected this of a hotel like Leonia. They seemed to be positioning themselves as a 4-5 star resort.

Our group remained behind an hour longer than intended to avoid leaving the woman organizer alone to wrangle with management.

Some modern amenities + antiquated business style = must miss for now.

In a another year or two, it's possible that the business model will be less bait and switch.

• Stayed: May 2010
3  Thank hydrabadchik
Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)

Reviewed May 21, 2010

We were stayed at Leonia for a saturday and sunday. Ejoyed the adventure sports, swimming, music, sports and spa. Must be visiting place in a life time.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Bhaskar_Pothuri
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I went to "Leonia Holistic Destination" during summer on our quarterly squad outing with my colleagues from my organization. This restore was excellent picked up choice made by our manager. It was an awesome visit to beat the heat. With cricket ground, swimming pool, indoor games, Trampoline jumps, the place was a heaven for sports lovers like myself. Played and played the whole day and later enjoyed our way in swimming pool.Food offer was excellent and so was the dessert. I would definitely recommend all to visit this place with family or friends if you are looking for a break after hard time working. enjoy a weekend over there, it's worth enjoying

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank msrahman
Reviewed March 18, 2010

i booked this resort 4 my b'day . its a beautiful place with friendly welcome , excellent service.

i have been to many resorts , price wise leonia is lill expensive but price doesnt matter wen compared to pool side room, food , resturan , and play ground for cricket.

Leonia is a place i would definitely go again and recommend to my friends too

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AbhayRam
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Its a great new resort away from the city. What appeals most is the serene environment around the resort. Although the rooms resemble more like a hotel, it makes up with all the other facilities provided on-site. Great play area for kids. Provides different types of accommodations for couples, families etc.

• Stayed: November 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank lolopot
Reviewed March 2, 2010

My wife and I booked Leonia for weekend getaway- we booked there couples getaway package that included simply dinner, bed and breakfast. We had booked the lagoon villa or whatever those are called- rooms by the lagoon

Checking in time is 2PM and checkout 12PM. At 12 we got a call that they had delayed check ins to 4PM as they were sold out the previous night and we will be allowed to check out late next day- fair enough

We reached Leonia at 2 PM as we wanted to eat lunch at the property itself. We were given a room by 4PM. I think that was the start of our misery.

We checked in and relaxed in the room, took a dip in the lagoon to realize that we were given a room next to bunch of loud gujrati families who were shouting all the time in the room or in lagoon, on top our there voices. The Lagoon water seemed had never been cleaned

In the room I realized the refrigerator wasnt working. In the night the A/C stopped working. The technical person who came to check said the fridge is working but not cooling. A/C needed repairs when we were in the room relaxing so decided to send him back.

Technical issues above may be our bad luck. What we failed to understand is getting put up next to loud families when we had booked a quite couples get away.

The weekends are crazy at Leonia there are buses full of day comers/ corporates that come in and create a ruckus everywhere they are loud, etc etc. The so called Leo Splash seemed like taking a bath in Ganges in Kumbh Mela. I stepped into the arena and stepped out in 30 seconds. I could tolerate the loud neighbors but not this!

This wasn’t the end: the buffet breakfast in the morning was like if you are in Somalia and food was getting air dropped. The website does an awesome job in fooling you- the so called lavish buffet mentioned was just cold poori aloo, stale bread and eggs, and not to mention you had to fight for getting it as there were just too many people waiting each time for a refill to happen.

After the breakfast we just lost all hope. Other issues were stained Linen and no hot water in showers. We wrote comments for GM and wanted to meet him as well- we waited for 15 minutes outside his office and then decided to leave as there was no point of waiting any more. Ala carte food should be preferred.

The only positive thing about the place is the staff. They were always very curtious

Verdict: I would rate this place between 3 and 4 star. Seven grand a night (I am including my lunch as well) is just not worth for the place or the food. If you have an eye for detail then this is not the place for you. Gets loud and crazy over the weekend. You might want to take a change in weekdays. Although I would not do that in weekdays now, would rather prefer Alankrita any day over Leonia.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank molsan
Reviewed January 29, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Leonia for 2 nights with our 7 mth old baby - what a pleasure. Lovely rooms, and the most awesome and helpful staff! Great getaway with a baby - they have lots of facilities (park, water slides etc), and the waitresses/managers all want to lend a hand whilst you enjoy your dinner. Dinner at the wading pool was great! And the spa has great Ayurvedic treats, even for our baby!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Funky-travel-momma