“Expect to be pampered”

Ranked #24 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Hyderabad, India
“Expect to be pampered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was our second visit to Leonia and I must say that we were extremely pleased and happy with the entire stay and experience at Leonia. The staff, chef, manager and the team of Leonia has gone beyond our expectation in terms service and hospitality. It is a must visit for those who are looking for a break in their routine activities. Unlike other resorts, it has excellent world class spa facilities (pleasant and professional staff), huge pool, private pool, and many outdoor activities like lawn tennis, volleyball, badminton, bungee, live theater shows, movie theater, excellent restaurants and many more.

From my 9 year old daughter:

When you go to a resort or hotel second times you don't get that much of a thrill. But at Leonia, second time I felt more thrilled. So this is the kind of hotel you would want to visit third time. The people who worked in Leonia gave me a warm welcome on the first day. When I was in Happy land, my family rented 2 bicycles with 2 seater. I was pretty scared at first but I got the hang of it and loved it. When we went to Leo splash, there were few slides but I was too scared to go on the slides. Since this was my only chance to go because there was no hotel likes Leonia, so I decided to try it. Well, I was not that scared at all. The trip was wonderful. People at Leonia's enthusiasm made my trip more fun and adventurous. The places like Happy land, Leo Splash and Leo Juventa were the best from all. This is the best hotel from all, even though it was far. Leo Juventa made my experience changed!! I could not believe that Leonia was this good. I felt more relaxed when the spa people massaged. And the Jacuzzi!! This was like changing my whole life. The restaurant Sun Moon was excellent in service and great food. On the last day of Leonia, I knew they are going to miss us, so the Chef and staff gave us a cake with writing 'Bye Bye', and they all clapped for us and we also clapped for them. Leo Bistro which we go for dinner was also good. I think they knew it was our last day so they gave us some special salad. Thank you Leonia, for making my trip so wonderful and memorable.

Room Tip: Go early for breakfast to beat the crowd
4 Thank MammenJ
Leonia_India, Manager at Leonia Holistic Destination, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Leonia Holistic Destination!!!

Thank you so much for sparing time to share your valuable feedback.

We are delighted to know that you are happy and pleased with your stay and experience, here at Leonia.

Your compliment for our staff and your comments that the Service and hospitality is beyond your expectations only motivates us to achieve the highest standards in the level of service in the hospitality industry.

Your comments about our World class Spa facilities, huge Splash pool, outdoor activities, live theater shows; Movie theater and excellent Restaurants are much appreciated.

We have put together different facilities, unique activities so that the guest has an unparalleled experience when he walks into our resort.

We are happy to know that your daughter was thrilled, had a fun & adventurous trip & found Happy land, Leo Splash and especially the experience in Leo Juventa the best.

Eagerly looking forward, for your next visit, to have another wonderful and memorable experience.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I visitied many resorts in Hyderabad and in Bangalore for Business purposes. In all the resorts I simply love this Leonia and it will be my first preference always..There are many reasons which I want to share with all so that they will also experience the same feeling as I do. First I like warm welcome to the Resort and the place Lagoon which I stayed for couple of days..Next I can feel the quality in every part of Leonia..I was feeling like a Heavy in Leo juventa the treatment they provided is the Best..I was treated very well and suggested many tips for my health care by professionals.I feel that I was born again with relaxation after my bussy schedule of life.. Thanks to everyone in Juventa. I had one more great experience in Fitness Area Gym. I do gym daily but on those days I learnt different exceriences from Gym Trainer those are too good. He is mind blowing. Overall Awesome Leonia...I always love it..

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Prithi_rithi
Leonia_India, Manager at Leonia Holistic Destination, responded to this review, November 10, 2012

Thank you so much for sparing time to share your valuable feedback.

We are delighted to know that among all the resorts in Hyderabad and Bangalore, Leonia holistic destination will always be your first preference.

We are glad to know that you had the best treatment at Leo Juventa, Best Medi Spa of Asia 2011- 2012 and felt relaxed and rejuvenated.

We are pleased that you had a great experience at our well equipped Gym, learnt new exercises and found the Gym instructor awesome.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again here, to have another memorable experience.

Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

First things first, I loved travelling to Leonia. Got in my car, picked up everyone, reached city outskirts, rolled down the windows and drove on. I would love it to be further 50Kms but that would render it non-viable for business. A fun place to party and team-building, equally good for couples looking for a relaxing weekend. Everything about Leonia is big, number and quality of restaurants available, hotel rooms, pools, water sports, team building activities. I've been there thrice and would like to go again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank realcoolhand
Leonia_India, Manager at Leonia Holistic Destination, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Leonia Holistic Destination!!!

Thank you so much for sparing time to share your valuable feedback.

It’s great to know that you loved travelling to Leonia.

We are happy to learn that you found our resort to be a fun place to party, for team building & equally good for a relaxing weekend for couples.

Your observation about our restaurants, hotel rooms, pools, water sports as big & of quality is very much appreciated.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a great way to hang-out with friends. This place takes fun to an all new level. The water sports is amazing here, i think the best in Hyderabad. I also heard that the spa is amazing, will try when I go here for the next time. The food is ok not great, but when you have thousands to serve I guess moderate is good. The other sports are also great like the Paint-Ball. But I found this place very crowded on weekends.

Room Tip: -Try the spa
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank RohitDassani

Thank you so much for sparing time to share your valuable feedback.

We are happy to know that you had a great time here with your friends and enjoyed the water sports and found them the best in Hyderabad.

Customer satisfaction is our top priority and there is no place for being moderate in any area, be it food or any other area. We have highlighted the issue with the concerned department and required action has been taken.

We do attract a lot of people during weekends as that’s the only time for leisure, we are expanding and coming up with a huge water park in the future which will disperse the crowd and offer more adventurous water games.

Eagerly looking forward, for your next visit, at our Leonia Holistic Destination in the near future, to experience our one of a kind Spa, Leo Juventa, Best Medi Spa of Asia 2011- 2012.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I booked one night stay with Leonia. The day i checked in there was a good news for me from the hotel mgnt "that my room has been upgraded to next level like IRCTC concept". The food at Sun and Moon restaurant is just awesome. The portions are also pretty generous. We loved Sun and Moon restaurant more than Bistro. We enjoyed water surfer at splash as it was unique in its concept. Overall it was pleasant stay. Pros: Staff with excellent attitude and orientation towards customer satisfaction, Great amenities, Awesome food. Cons: Amost everything good comes with a hefty price tag.

Room Tip: View from higher floors are awesome.
4 Thank AmarVenkat
Leonia_India, Manager at Leonia Holistic Destination, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the precious time out to share your valuable feedback.

We are delighted to know that you found the amenities great, the food awesome and specially loved our Coffee shop, Sun & Moon.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the Flow rider, India’s first surfing ridge at Leonia.

Your compliment for our staff inspires us to continue with the same spirit and achieve the highest standards of level of service in the hospitality industry.

Customer satisfaction has always been our top priority and we constantly try to meet and excel the guest’s expectations, we are glad that you had a pleasant stay here.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Leonia is one of the few resorts on the outskirts of Hyderabad city, India where one can go in either combination of a family, couple, friends or colleagues.

Three things which we found excellend were staff (courtesy and helpfulness), food and personalization.

We are big foodies and we loved what was on offer in either of the 3 restaurants at Leonia and I could go to the extent to describe the food as "lip smacking" whether it was the masala omlettes at the coffee shop, the corn and cheese fritters with peanut sauce or whether it was just the hyderabadi special chicken/mutton biriyani. It just wasnt the taste but also the presentation of the food that was intimately done.

The staff were just super and added the feeling of "care" and according to us one just needs that bit of "pampering" once in the unwind mode. Not one set of staff were good and not the others, it was just "everyone" who would stop, smile, suggest a couple of things to do, possibly even run to get you a battery car pronto , even call up for inroom candle lit dinner because it was raining!!

Personalization was with food, service, greeting ...everything. We had a kid and we had vouchers for availing a couple spa and the staff went out of their way to assure us that the creche in-house with nannies would take care of our little one so we could enjoy our spa and the staff at the creche were equally re-assuring. The staff even put some flowers and rose petals to give more importance to the fact that it was our anniversary. The staff showed us a beautiful cascade suite with its own plunge pool and cascade which our little one loved!

There are a variety of things to occupy the guests including a theatre playing english, hindi movies apart from some movie CDs which you could enjoy inroom with the surround systems at the celeste suites. The candle lit dinner in room was really the icing on the cake where the steward actually laid the table with a lace table cloth with a velvet red strip with the best cutlery and goblets. Sparkling wine was brought in as part of our package at the right time and it was a beautiful dinner on the whole.

The spash pool is really good with the water slides and rain shower deck and a peppy DJ to make things lively. The one thing unique about the leonia is the water galaxy restaurant where the guest dine " in water" i.e the tables are laid out in a very shallow pool with glimmering lights "like stars" and that makes it a perfect place for a candle light dinner or for a perfect pool side party for a group. They serve only rotis and kebabs here but its a very good and unique experience.

The bathrooms are basic for the posh rooms in the celeste suites and so were the ones at the splash pool however some structer rules and regulation is needed to keep the place absolutely clean. Same goes for the liver orchestra, the management should have strict rules which permit karokaying seldom and to an extent and not allowing any one from the guest list to walk up the stage and try their voice.

Overall a memorable stay and convinced to repeat a trip with a larger group to truly enjoy all whats available at Leonia.

3 Thank seemant
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time in sharing your feedback with us during your stay.

We are delighted to know that you found the food, lip smacking and were even impressed with the presentation and our personalized service, paying attention to the minute details of guest’s preference has been our USP.

We are pleased to know that you loved our various facilities here like the Cascade suite with its own plunge pool, Theater, our one of a kind Dinner in the pool theme based restaurant- Water Galaxy which specializes in Kebabs and Rotis, our huge Splash pool with water slides.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that, we are undertaking a project to renovate our washrooms to give that extra touch to them.

It’s always been and it will always be our goal to meet the expectations of guests and pamper them completely, we are glad that we succeeded.

Eagerly looking forward for your next visit at our Leonia Holistic Destination in the near future to have another memorable stay.