“nice place”

Ranked #54 of 306 Hotels in Hyderabad
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“nice place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

I have stayed at Tara Residency many times for different durations the shortest about 2 days and the longest 3 months.
On the whole it is a nice place for business stays. the staff is courteous, the place is clean, rooms are spacious.
There is room for improvement in terms of the food available at lunch and dinner time and the airconditioning which goes off when you pull your key card out. However the staff is very accommodating and even take care of these small issues.

All in all I would say its a decent choice.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank phototravel30

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2010

I stayed here as the place which I booked earlier was overbooked and they shifted my reservation to this hotel.
The place looks clean but is somewhere in the interior roads and not so easy to find. The advantage of this is that the place is relatively quiet considering the noisy Hyderabad just a little distance away.
This place does not have a restaurant of its own and I believe they bring it from a nearby place. Most of the stuff is cold and many of my colleagues found insects in the food they got!

The folks there could hardly speak anything other than Telgu (the local language) and it was tough for me to even locate the hotel. They couldn't guide me correctly as well.

Stay away if you can. Nothing really great to talk about.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank indfo

Travelers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I had a very bad time at this hotel.

I was given Room#504, on top floor. On the roof they had a faulty electrical equipment that was creating a loud buzzing noise and vibrations that could be felt in my room's walls as well as the bed !

So I couldnt sleep for 2 nights in a row - the electrical vibrations were giving me some very bad nightmares and I had headaches both mornings.

The management couldnt put me in another room as all rooms were full.

The management already knew about the problem and said that it will take days to rectify. Knowing that the room had a issue - they still chose to put me in it ! That is unscrupulous !

I would not recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Imrash
Manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2010

I booked this hotel due to its proximity to the Hyderabad International Convention Center and its low price. I was traveling with a colleague and it was a terrible experience right from the beginning.

Our flight arrived in Hyderabad at around midnight, so we arrived at the hotel around 1:00 am. The front desk told us they could not find either of our reservations. When we showed them the confirmation e-mails, they finally admitted they gave our rooms to other guests because they thought we weren't coming. After much arguing, they finally gave us one room with a king bed to share for one night and promised they would have two rooms ready the following day. They even had the gall to charge us extra for the room, because there were two of us. That was the first (and hopefully the last) time I ever shared a king bed with a colleague.

Incidentally, the evening we arrived we noticed another group of people arguing with the front desk. After chatting with them, we found out these guests were robbed of cash and jewelry while their luggage was being brought to their rooms. They were trying to move to another hotel, but they had prepaid their entire stay and the hotel would not give them any of their money back. The following night, we noticed a wall of cement bags in front of the hotel with a soldier standing behind it. I don't know what they were trying to do, but it definitely did not make me feel any safer.

The hotel itself was acceptable, but definitely not a 3-star hotel as it advertises itself. It's more like a 2-star at best. After speaking with other delegates to the conference, we realized that there were many other hotels in the area that were a little more expensive but hundreds of times better than this one. Avoid this hotel at all costs unless it's all you can afford.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JuanTwoThree
Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

I stayed here for around 20 days, the whole stay was awesome!.. The rooms are clean, service was excellent, very near to the Hi-Tech city office, food was good. has all the facilities i can think off (Internet Center, Gym, High speed wireless, etc.,)

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

TARA residency was the guest house provided to me by my company. I stayed there for 14 days and really enjoyed the stay. I was not feeling like leaving this cozy place. You must once visit this place If you travel to Hyd,

Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

Tara Residency Staff is great & ready to serve with smile & honesty. I inadvertently left my Laptop bag at the Reception & forgot about it in late night. Next day I checked up with Reception at 530 am as I had to catch early flight & Reception asked me to identify Laptop & gave me. It is small Hotel but very neat,value for money & great staff. I highly recommend everyone to stay there.
Regards
Harpreet Singh

• Liked — Staff & Clean Rooms at great Value
  • Disliked — Reaching the hotel is little issue
  • Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)