Gateway Hyderabad
Free cancellation until 06/02
$31
$30
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 22, 2013

one of the worst hotel and all the rooms have full of bed bugs.I suggest to all guest never ever try to book in this hotel. Rooms are dirty and staffs are not co-operative. Hygienic wise ,no words to say.so bad. every corner you will find bed bugs.After i complained they shifted me to many rooms in the middle of night and i found the bugs are walking like aunts in groups.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Rabindra Kumar P
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel could not be recommended for stay. There is no facility of room service, kitchen service, even room intercom, call bell and housekeeping service. No services provided us as per online booking sheet i.e. break fast. Despite my so many complaints, No resolution was made by hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sunil S S
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I do not want to describe in detail, how come online sites are recommending these kind of third class hotels. you will definetely loose your reputation. I was checked in the room on 1st May and was supposed to be there till 4th May, booked through IBIBO.com. The first sight of the entry itself is hell type experience with the staffs and rooms. I can rate this room """ ZERO"" grade and was forced to vacate the room on 2nd itself, whereas I lost my entire booking amount around Rs.6,000/-. The staffs are really rude behaviour and not intended to return my un-utilised room money and forced me to walk out of the hotel without any compensation. The website pictures are bogus and the entire hotel is just like a garbage dump yard. My sincere request to all the tourist of India visiting hyderabad, please do not book this hotel and you will defintely loose your money and peace. Whenever I am free, I will write the entire story about the hotel. If someone is giving good review about this hotel, he/she must be really blind and tasteless people.

Room Tip: "I request all the oneline websites to remove this hotel from your recommended list and do not cheat the tourist to loose their huge money just because of your little profit"
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Dhanu494
Reviewed March 11, 2013

1. service was very bad.
2. even though booked online they treated as normal customer.
3. Took 1000rs deposit which is not mentioned at website
4. The room was not clean.
5. Allotted room was not having key. They have lost the key still allotted to us when ever we were going out they were using duplicate key to lock and open it. The room key was not given to us.
6. Bath room and bed spread were not clean.
7. Food was very costly serviced at room but same was for less price outside.
8. Online room rent is much higher than offline for the same room.

Room Tip: better choose other hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 104mtv
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel was a joke.

We arrived bleary-eyed at Hyderabad railway station at dawn. Touts follow you and have a thick wad of cards of just about any hotel in the city. Not knowing where to go, we allowed a tout to bring us to a hotel, which we decided against upon seeing cockroaches and plates from room service on the hallways. The tout brought us to the Gateway next, which looked good from outside.

The front-desk staff were dressed in t-shirt and jeans and this pretty much paved our short experience at this hotel. No doubt the room rate was considerably cheap, but then again were were in the monsoon season. With a drought of tourists, most hotels were willing to shave off something off their rates.

Back to the hotel, at the lobby you can sense what a nice, if not grand place this once was. But the sofas were dusty and made us think twice about sitting down. Walking to the elevator, we passed what would have been the conference room; now with two chairs and a table.

Our room was surprisingly spacious. But this would be the only positive aspect of our stay. The walls of the room had paint peeling (perhaps from some sort of water leak), the window near the bathroom dusty and covered with pigeon droppings. The bathroom itself was also spacious, but clearly very grimy. Pay peanuts and get monkeys, yes. I was very disgusted nonetheless. The water was not hot and what made things worse was water seeping into the room! Did the hotel mangement really have to cut corners so much that they hired a slipshod engineer who didn't understand the fundamental of gravity? These aside, we turned in early for the night as we were exhausted and not feeling well.

The last straw came along in the middle of the night. I felt itches and went over to the dresser to get some water. After turning on the light, behold! Bedbugs happily roaming on my bed! Never, never have I seen bedbugs in all my travels and these bedbugs were unabashedly basking under the light! I smashed one just ascertain my suspicions and indeed blood flew out of its shell.

Disgusted is a mild adjective for this hotel. We left after dawn and found another smaller but incredibly cleaner hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family