“Not satisfied”

Ranked #2 of 278 Hyderabad B&B and Inns
Mumbai
“Not satisfied”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Photos Display is different than actual... not satisfied at all.. website is showing good photos of rooms, but actual room allotted to me is different.. AC machine is making sound when it swings. Chairs were not good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Raghu Pavan Kum... D
NeelagiriMithun, Manager Operations & Sales at Taj Mahal Hotel, Abids, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. Unfortunately we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion but I promise we will do better next time. The pictures displaying in our website belongs to Heritage block .I have addressed the Issue to the concern designing team to update of all the room categories so this does not happen to you or other guest as well.

I hope we get a chance to repair your opinion through our service in the future.Please email me on reservations@hoteltajmahalindia.com as I would very much like to serve you…

Manager Operations & Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Nanded, India
Reviewed December 4, 2013

nice place for family stay. budget. email of hotel will not work. so pl book through travel site. 2 buildings. old and new. new is nice . old not stayed . value for money. 24 hrs check in out. great andhra veg food. nice location of abids. close to market place, mall, shoes stores. 1 km is nampally rail station. room stay includes bf complimentary. try filter coffe

Room Tip: new building is good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank girishdeshmukh

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

At the outset, please let me extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during making room reservation. However, it is really distressing to note the inconvenience you faced due to an unexpected technical malfunction in our server .I have addressed the Issues to the expert to rectify the error. So this does not happen to you or other guests going forward and please write an email on reservations@hoteltajmahalindia.com for future bookings…

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Taj Mahal, Hyderabad .Your comments regarding the hotel and its services and food are truly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to provide you with an unforgettable experience you have come to expect from us.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Room was located in a complex not looking so great as that showed on the picture and located bit far away from reception area. But can't complain - beacasue it was cosy, elegant and well-furnished, it was a big pleasure to stay there.
Shower was damaged upon my arrival, but they sent a person to fix it before I noticed the defect. Room service was quick and good mannered. There was a kind of mixup when I got the bill for 2 of the breakfasts (during 4 day stay) which were supposed to be complimentary, but they cancelled it without any discussion when I decided to mention it. Food in the restaurant is very tasty though a bit overpriced.
Hotel location is convenient for sightseeing, it is easy to reach the train station or bus stands from with you can get to other signifiant places. Also taxi drivers are familiar with the place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Joanna K
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It’s good to hear that you had a wonderful stay at Taj Mahal, Abids. However, it is with great concern that we received your comments sharing the problems you faced about bathroom Shower. Please accept our sincere apologies and we will make sure such things do not occur again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Mahal Hotel to provide you with an unforgettable experience

Reviewed October 24, 2013

First of all, the email address to contact the hotel does not work...so for foreign tourists it is difficult to book a room. Luckily, we showed up early in the morning and they were able to give us a room. The room was not in the main complex as shown on the website or here on trip advisor. It is in another building, two complexes away. After two flights of stairs of carrying my own heavy back pack while the assistant insisted on carrying my purse, we arrive to a room that LOOKS great. But after an hour or so you could smell sewage coming either from the bathroom or from whatever was behind the bathroom coming through the window. The views from the room were of another building. This hotel had a lot of business men in it so I am surprised there was no wifi in the rooms. There is wifi in the lobby, but at a cost of 100 Rupees per 24 hours. But you cannot access it on a device other than a laptop or so they say. They won't sell you a card unless you have a laptop. Once I went back to the other complex and brought my laptop to the lobby, they made me wait for 30 minutes while someone else brought a stack of cards (why are they not readily available?) and then I still was not able to connect. I gave them the card back and said that they should not charge me. They wanted to charge me! They insisted that they help me log on, but I know how to use my computer and wifi! It was a frustrating experience. The food was so-so and pricey for the location. The ONLY positive was that the hotel is located in a good area to view the sites. The customer service is lacking too. Hospitality may be a foreign term.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building to possibly get wifi access, but no guarantee.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gudiyaji

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

At the outset, please let me extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused you during making the booking, I do understand that you were disappointed with your stay and can assure you this was not intentional, I have addressed the Issues with the team so this does not happen to you or other guests going forward and please write a email on reservations @hoteltajmahalindia.com for future bookings… I assure you I will personally look into the same. We are very concerned to note that we did not live up to your expectations during this stay of yours and we are sorry that the internet connectivity was not working. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we assure you that we will make every effort to correct the situation. Our “IT” team had improved signal strength after your observations and is looking forward to showcase a much improved performance on your next stay with us.

While we are happy to note that you were very pleased with the room and location of the hotel. All of us at TAJ MAHAL hotel, Abids are looking forward to that opportunity.Request you to let us know of your travel plans, wherein I will be happy to personally ensure that you have a wonderful stay with us.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 22, 2013

When I go to Hotel Taj Mahal at Narayanguda, Hyderabad I prefer always Upma, the delicious cashew nuts and spices in Upma and the Vegetable Cutlet, the first of it's kind in India is very tasteful and fills my heart with joy and happiness. I hope every one who goes there will taste this items without fail.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Agaphe
Galle, Sri Lanka
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Quite nice hotel in Hyderabad. Ancient looking rather clean but food is not in a superb quality. Water is very hard. Staff is ok but lot did not speak English. Rooms are nice bath rooms are quite old.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor

I am glad our team and the hotel rooms were up to your expectations. However, it concerns me greatly to note your dining experience at our hotel was not at par with our standards. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and assure you that I have personally looked into the concerns you have mentioned above to make sure that on your next visit you will only receive the best of QUALITY food...

We look forward to the pleasure of seeing you in our midst very soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good A/C, Decent Veg Food,Staff are oversmart, trying to charge you twice for room services.Dirty Sheets.Always keep the bills/advance payment receipts. Try the meals at Dinning section and avoid the reaturant

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Dr Kumar L

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are very concerned to note that we did not live up to your expectations during this particular stay of yours. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we assure you that we will make every effort to correct the situation. The team at the restaurant is determined to make amends on your observation of and is looking forward to showcase a much improved performance on your next stay with us.

While we are happy to note that you were very pleased with the A/c and quality of our food at the hotel. All of us at Taj Mahal are looking forward to that opportunity. Request you to let us know of your travel plans, wherein I will be happy to personally ensure that you have a wonderful stay with us.