Taj Mahal Hotel, Abids
TripAdvisor
$143
Taj Falaknuma Palace(Hyderabad)
$329
All reviewsheritage buildingnew wingbutton idlimasala dosalocation advantagesalar jung museumvegetarian foodattached restaurantsouth indian foodvalue for moneymain buildingbreakfast was includedrestaurant servesfilter coffeehotel is locatedroom service is alsotiffin
Reviewed October 24, 2013

First of all, the email address to contact the hotel does not work...so for foreign tourists it is difficult to book a room. Luckily, we showed up early in the morning and they were able to give us a room. The room was not in the main complex as shown on the website or here on trip advisor. It is in another building, two complexes away. After two flights of stairs of carrying my own heavy back pack while the assistant insisted on carrying my purse, we arrive to a room that LOOKS great. But after an hour or so you could smell sewage coming either from the bathroom or from whatever was behind the bathroom coming through the window. The views from the room were of another building. This hotel had a lot of business men in it so I am surprised there was no wifi in the rooms. There is wifi in the lobby, but at a cost of 100 Rupees per 24 hours. But you cannot access it on a device other than a laptop or so they say. They won't sell you a card unless you have a laptop. Once I went back to the other complex and brought my laptop to the lobby, they made me wait for 30 minutes while someone else brought a stack of cards (why are they not readily available?) and then I still was not able to connect. I gave them the card back and said that they should not charge me. They wanted to charge me! They insisted that they help me log on, but I know how to use my computer and wifi! It was a frustrating experience. The food was so-so and pricey for the location. The ONLY positive was that the hotel is located in a good area to view the sites. The customer service is lacking too. Hospitality may be a foreign term.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building to possibly get wifi access, but no guarantee.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gudiyaji
NeelagiriMithun, Manager Operations & Sales at Taj Mahal Hotel, Abids, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

At the outset, please let me extend my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused you during making the booking, I do understand that you were disappointed with your stay and can assure you this was not intentional, I have addressed the Issues with the team so this does not happen to you or other guests going forward and please write a email on reservations @hoteltajmahalindia.com for future bookings… I assure you I will personally look into the same. We are very concerned to note that we did not live up to your expectations during this stay of yours and we are sorry that the internet connectivity was not working. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we assure you that we will make every effort to correct the situation. Our “IT” team had improved signal strength after your observations and is looking forward to showcase a much improved performance on your next stay with us.

While we are happy to note that you were very pleased with the room and location of the hotel. All of us at TAJ MAHAL hotel, Abids are looking forward to that opportunity.Request you to let us know of your travel plans, wherein I will be happy to personally ensure that you have a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

When I go to Hotel Taj Mahal at Narayanguda, Hyderabad I prefer always Upma, the delicious cashew nuts and spices in Upma and the Vegetable Cutlet, the first of it's kind in India is very tasteful and fills my heart with joy and happiness. I hope every one who goes there will taste this items without fail.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Agaphe
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Quite nice hotel in Hyderabad. Ancient looking rather clean but food is not in a superb quality. Water is very hard. Staff is ok but lot did not speak English. Rooms are nice bath rooms are quite old.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor

I am glad our team and the hotel rooms were up to your expectations. However, it concerns me greatly to note your dining experience at our hotel was not at par with our standards. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and assure you that I have personally looked into the concerns you have mentioned above to make sure that on your next visit you will only receive the best of QUALITY food...

We look forward to the pleasure of seeing you in our midst very soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Good A/C, Decent Veg Food,Staff are oversmart, trying to charge you twice for room services.Dirty Sheets.Always keep the bills/advance payment receipts. Try the meals at Dinning section and avoid the reaturant

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Dr Kumar L

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

We are very concerned to note that we did not live up to your expectations during this particular stay of yours. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we assure you that we will make every effort to correct the situation. The team at the restaurant is determined to make amends on your observation of and is looking forward to showcase a much improved performance on your next stay with us.

While we are happy to note that you were very pleased with the A/c and quality of our food at the hotel. All of us at Taj Mahal are looking forward to that opportunity. Request you to let us know of your travel plans, wherein I will be happy to personally ensure that you have a wonderful stay with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I'm here visiting from the US and sadly cannot recommend this place to foreigners. I even had trouble in the restaurant and the restaurant manager was very unsympathetic and dismissive. Usually service and hospitality at this type of hotel in India is very good, though I guess not the case everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank SkyAvin

Thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor

I have noted your feedback on the aspects which caused inconvenience during your stay. We appeal to you not to form an opinion of our hotel based on the last experience you had and request you to give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves, please accept my sincere apology on the same and rest assured that our team is constantly working to overcome these issues.

On you next visit, please feel free to access me mithun@hoteltajtristar.com and I’ll be happy to personally ensure a top notch stay with various activities specially customized to your liking, apart from the existing ones in the hotel.

I sincerely hope you will be back to Taj Mahal Hotel, Abids soon. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.