“not customer friendly hotel”
Review of Andaman Residency

Andaman Residency
Ranked #23 of 80 Port Blair B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Rooms are in bad shape. management does not listen for the issues. once you paid them, the managment does not listen to you.

Marketing person (Arti) committed different and delivered some thing different

AVOID THIS HOTEL if you do no want to SPOIL YOUR TRIP

Room Tip: do not go for this hotel. There are better hotels with same or less price
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Trip062013

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed for one night in the Andaman Residency after coming back from Havelock due to the ferry times and our flight out early next morning. On arrival in the evening everything seemed fine although the number of staff hanging around the reception was a little intimidating considering none of them spoke to us at all. When we checked in we handed over our passports as usual and I sat down to wait for them. It usually takes a couple of minutes to photocopy the passport page and the visa page, we fill in their book and everything's sorted. Well this did not occur here. Every ten minutes or so that passed I was advised five more minutes and on several occasions a young chap disappeared with our passports out the front of the hotel. I was advised this was due to them needing a photocopier down the street. However, this passport issue went on for over an hour with not explanation although I was seeking clarification on what was going on. I held my frustration until finally cracking after well over an hour, during which the staff continually stared at me without making any friendly approaches. It was unnerving. After demanding my passport and the passports of my fellow travellers, intending to just leave the hotel, they were handed back to me almost immediately saying everything was now sorted. Whether this was a coincidence I don't know but the whole situation should never have happened. We had arrived in the evening and were off on an early flight so I wasn't going to leave our passports with them. By the time this was sorted it was after 8.30 pm I felt I needed to relax a bit so headed for the room which was effectively in the basement. The room itself was very dated although it did offer pretty good facilities inside and seemed fairly clean ( although a few dead cockroaches in the hallway next morning suggested otherwise ). The shower room again was fine but what can you expect when the room is fairly cheap. It was located in a fairly decent spot and we were able to walk out for a bite to eat before returning to our room for a good night's sleep. All in all not a great start for this hotel with the passports issue and it was basic. However, it was cheap and we only really needed the place for a sleep before continuing our travels. I would not recommend this place. Others on our trip had been a lot friendlier and I didn't click with the staff here.

Room Tip: Try and avoid the basement rooms. The hallway is dingy and there were clear cockroaches.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SteveJacksonnufc
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our room had not been cleaned from the previous guests - bin full, hair, food and dirt on floor and surfaces, toothpaste stains on floor and sink. The aircon unit covered us in water during the night (it was over the bed), the showerhead had a plug right next to it, the water was discoloured, it was grimy everywhere and reception refused to call us a taxi on the morning we left. We are well traveled and not fussy, but we spent £20 a night here - a lot for India and the most we paid throughout our trip - and expected much more. Yes there was a new TV, but we'd rather have had a clean room. Location not that great. Avoid.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank L P
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have only ever called one hotel before this dire, this place makes the last dire place look like the Dorchester. this place is dirty, smelly, unkempt, noisy, poor service, appalling breakfast.
We had 2 rooms for 4 of us
ok some examples for you,
room was grubby but we were only here for one night so I thought we could manage, the shower had no working vent and bare live wires, the Aircon started rattling at about 6 pm so I informed reception and they said they would look at it. nobody came, it fell of the wall at 2 am! the window didn't open but I think this may have been a blessing as it would have let even more mosquitoes in than had already come through the gaps left by the fallen aircon unit. The old addage of " the water is so bad it is wise not to even sing in the shower" is definately applicable here, a clearer thinker would give the shower a miss completely. Breakfast was terrible and was served in the room that doubles up as a bar at night and stinks of stale alcohol, a 4" beetle fell off the roof and landed next to my foot! My son and his friend didn't even get undressed for bed, in their twin room there were 2 beds, 1 cover and 1 pillow. They looked at the shower and gave it the thumbs down .
When we checked out the receptionist asked me to fill in a survey form, I said really, filled it out and handed it back, told him what we thought, it went in the bin! I asked if they could call a taxi for the airport for us, "No sir" was the reply, "go into the road and flag one down, we have no phone numbers", no apologies, just a headshake and a smile!
Give this place a miss, sleep roadside you will have a better comfier night.

Room Tip: go elsewhere. anywhere else just not here!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Service was very good. Each room has LCD tv. good hotel to stay. From the hotel jail is almost 2 killo meters and food is ok, I suggest to have food at outside. But really very good service. Have a good day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank Syamasundara Re... K
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in March 2013. It is a good budget hotel in Port Blair. Not very far from the aiport. Rooms are clean and decent. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. It has all the basic amenities provided by a budget hotel. Has a small restaurant also attached. It was a good experience overall and definitely recommendable as a budget hotel option in Port Blair.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Suhasini_12
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is very good, clean and worth every penny what you pay. We stayed there for 3 days. Booking was done directly through the hotel.
Best part about this hotel is its location. It is in the heart of the city and very close to the airport.
It has all the amenities what one would expect from a budget hotel. Hotel staff was very cooperative and they made arrangements for our sight seeing.
Would definitely recommend - Value for money considering location and Comfort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends