“Descent play to stay in Port Blair”
Review of TSG Grand

and 1 more site!
TSG Grand
Ranked #20 of 78 Port Blair B&B and Inns
Ahmedabad, India
“Descent play to stay in Port Blair”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Seemed to be an descent place to stay in Port Blair. Well maintained and well furnished rooms with all basic amenities. Not much to expect in terms of view as the hotel is right in the mid of an housing colony. The hotel's approach from the main road just lets you down.

Positives -
Well maintained and well designed spacious rooms - As it is newly built.
Good Food (In case you order A la carte with all basic amenities such as AC, Fridge, TV, Coffee maker, Intercom)
Close to airport

Negatives -
Hotel is surrounded by housing colonies all the sides and hence nothing much in terms of view.
Hotel is just opposite to the airport and noise of flights taking off and landing sometimes might just be annoying.
Check out time of 7.00 AM is something that seems very rude on tourists as generally the flight from Port blair to chennai is only after 11.00 AM.

Room Tip: Nothing much in terms of view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Should have more variety in food provided.Same type of food served on 3 days. Need to provide clean towels .Breakfast is ok. Rooms do not have much space.Cox and Kings did the arrangements. The aproach road is very narrow.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ghaj
Pune
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The story starts-I was on a Cox and Kings group tour. We reached Port Blair, checked in, everything was ok. The food is more of 2 star quality but still eatable. After 2days in PB, we moved to Havelock and returned after 2 days. Now I was a single girl travelling. Usually hotels since they are in the 'hospitality' bussiness are considerate and place single girl travellers accordingly. I was given an end of the corridor room, thats still ok. No fuss. I took it and settled in. But as soon as I entered the washroom, what do I see?There was NO ACTUAL TAP FITTED!!! The hot n cold water mixer was absent! (pic attached) Only that plastic valve was there! i went and complained at the reception, where they first tried to patronise me telling me that I have to turn the handle.When there was no further response I again went to the reception and a person came with me. After seeing the truth he said a plumber would come and look over it in an hour. It was 7.30 in the evening. I was doubtful but still I decided to wait. At 8.30 I had lost all patience! There was no plumber and noone had bothered to enquire about it. I was already so tired after the Havelock trip and this mess. This was probably the most horribel experience I've had. Now the receptionist wasnt even looking at me! I just sat there in front of him till he called his manager. That started a parade of people to my bathroom in their dirty shoes. I asked for a different room and they said nothing was available. Then it dawned on me that because I was ALONE they had tricked me into this. I felt SICK with this mentality! In the end what they did was adjusted that plastic thing on a favourable temperature and offered me a bucket from the kitchen. WAS I STAYING IN A DHARAMSHALA? Great! The morning was horrible. The tap let out boiling hot water and I had to wash my hair at the basin. I really think this is the hotel where peopel were super mean!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank RaPUNzElIvorytower

Travelers are raving about these Port Blair hotels

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as per makemytrip plan for two nights at Tsg grand. Hotel was good as it was newly built. It is located near airport and does not have any good view, its between residential property. It has Very clean rooms, lobby , toilets etc. what I dont like are two things, one there food was bit oily, second the restaurant staff is more on clearing bills rather giving proper services. For example , I have ordered khichdi ( rs. 187 , a bit expensive ) for my infant , first word from staff was " sir to which room I should mark bill". I was expecting they will say "sure sir , at what time and in which room you need this?". Bill can be cleared at the time of checkout too..
Anyways this is a small thing but does matter in professionalism. Not expected from such good hotel. We stayed at Tsg Blue Resort and it was damn cool property with good staff.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Prashant T
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We 2 senior couples went to Andaman on pleasure holiday in February 2013 and stayed in this Hotel as per package for 4N/5D. We expected Sea view from the hotel, but thoroughly disappointed.
However rooms are cosy with clean bed & linens. Same with Bathrooms...
Restaurant also served good food with quite satisfying buffet spread. No complaints at all.

Room Tip: Front facing upper rooms are better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed two days with family in end December'12. It is a brand new hotel with some of the facilities is still coming up. What I liked most is the nicely arranged rooms with centralised AC, comfortable bed linen, LCD TV, phone, and decent bathroom with running hot water. The arrangements were neat and service was good. Restaurant is spacious and well furnished with good variety of food for breakfast and dinner. Location wise the hotel is not in an advantageous position. The approach road is narrow, and the hotel is surrounded by concrete jungle. It is far away from the main areas of the city and the sea, though the Air-port is nearby. With due the consideration to the negative points, I would definitely recommend the hotel for the supreme comfort it offers which we seek at the end of tiring journey to the tourist places, also my experience with other famous hotel at Port Blair was not good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Suvra_Sarkar
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Was booked into this hotel as part of a package, made the mistake of not checking online. You land into Andaman expecting serene beaches and when you land up at a hotel through a very shady approach road, you feel a major let down. Then you reach the hotel and all you see is one building with no other facility to speak of with construction going around in adjacent places, and your vacation is off to the worst possible start. So let me me start with some positives:

1) Free wifi - There is free wifi in the hotels, and since the network in Port Blair and Havelock is not great, and data doesnt work most of the time, this is helpful.
2) Rooms - Rooms are fairly clean, with good beds and everything except a mini bar which is too much to expect anyway. PLUS HOT WATER!! Wont find it in any most hotels, it is a luxury here
3) Food isnt bad either, there are buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner which are quite decent

Now the negatives besides what I've mentioned before:

1) We were charged for using a towel as a doormat!!! From a man who tells me he has worked at 5 star hotels before. A room had no doormat outside the bathroom and a kid was constantly falling down and in spite of repeated requests no doormat was offered, and since the towel used got dirty we were charged 500 Rs. for it. Hospitality take a bow

2) Away from the main market area. Some may say since its 5 mins from the airport its a great location, I would rather have a hotel near the Corbyn Cove beach or the main market area, you have to travel far to get to the market and back. And since Andaman shuts down pretty early, if you dont have your own vehicle, getting autos isnt so easy.

Net net, this hotel runs mainly through their nexus with the travel agencies like MMT and others, if they offer the hotel, avoid, unless you dont mind what I've mentioned above.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
#4 of 31 in Port Blair
Pearl Park Beach Resort
Pearl Park Beach Resort
#3 of 6 in Neil Island
Hotel Shompen by (Singhotel Hospitality)
Hotel Haywizz
Hotel Haywizz
#8 of 31 in Port Blair
Sinclairs Bay View
Sinclairs Bay View
#2 of 31 in Port Blair

Been to TSG Grand? Share your experiences!