We stayed at Sinclairs Port Blair during 9-10-11-12 Nov. 2013 at Premiere Attic Suite at 6th floor (610).
Room was good, sea facing (all rooms are), and big (with 2 x double beds and a sofa cum bed) to accommodate 4+ pax. Extra towels and water bottles are provided on persistent requests. Best location - indeed relaxing and enjoyable, buffet breakfast is fine (you need to press them hard for starting services on time).
Premium paid for the suite is not worth on the following counts:
1. No special services offered for the highest paid suite in hotel. One could stay at premiere attic room or for better comfort take two adjacent rooms.
2. Single small bathroom with wash basin inside not comfortable for family with more than two pax <this room is marketed for 4 pax.>
Suggestions for improvement:
A. Provide one more basin outside bathroom in such rooms.
B. Swimming pool closes at 5 pm - could be extended as most of the trips takes you back to hotel after 4:30 pm only.
C. Customers should be allowed to choose room location and level before checking in - we found average occupancy at hotel at 60% - i.e. plenty of choices must be available!
D. In room dining menu should be there.
E. Complementary city centre drop/pick up should be there by hotel vehicle.
F. Booking options should be enhanced with options and offers.
Prof. Dhiren Patel, Surat
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the Bay of Bengal, Sinclairs Bayview is Port Blair's only hotel to offer a spectacular ocean view from most of its rooms, as it blends seamlessly with the surrounding landscape. The hotel offers 43 rooms and 3 suites, built in a series of levels, split against a sloping hillside overlooking the sea. All the rooms are equipped with cable TVs, direct dial STD telephones and modern facilities. Aesthetically designed, the rooms are refreshingly uncluttered and functional. The hotel has a lovely seaside garden restaurant, The Bayview, with an extended garden deck where guests can enjoy multi-cuisine fare. The Alto Espirito Spanish Bar with its elegant interiors and tempting selection of cocktails and snacks is best visited in the evenings. Guests can listen to soft music while enjoying a game of pool here. The freshwater outdoor swimming pool is open all year round. With a stunning view of the sea, it offers a tranquil experience. The 1,600 sq. feet Wood House is the hotel’s beautiful conference venue opening out to a lovely garden and overlooking the blue sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sinclairs Bay View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sinclairs Bay View Port Blair, Andaman And Nicobar Islands