“great location, great service”
Review of Cesar Mariscos

Cesar Mariscos
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Tela
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the years and highly recommend Cesar Mariscos. The hotel is charming, located right on the beach and the staff is great. Many of the staff have been there for years and they are very friendly. The rooms are always clean and many overlook the ocean. More than worth the price. The owners are very hands on and attentive. The room comes with breakfast and I can't get enough of the fresh fruit. I will definitely be back. This probably my favorite hotel in Honduras and I've been going there for close to 20 years.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 19, 2013

A very welcoming small hotel - probably the best of it's kind in the area. Right on the beach. Clean and well run. Not much English spoken which made it difficult for me as I don't speak Spanish, nevertheless, the staff were very friendly and made an effort. It felt very safe and secure for myself and my belongings. Internet only really works in reception. Pool area is "cute". Bedroom clean and airy with very comfortable beds (I have a bad back) and interesting electrics in the bathroom! The breakfast varied depending on how busy the hotel was, but was fine. The restaurant was very good. Also easy access to several other extremely good restaurants in the immediate area. If you like seafood this is the place to go. Easy access to the town. Airport transfer available. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just back from two weeks mostly spent in the friendly and beautiful Cesar Mariscos Hotel. Such a lovely laid back place, Staff couldn't do enough for us and the room looking over the sea with great soft beds and hot shower were spotless. Hotel situated near heart of this old banana port has old photos of how town used to be. Food was delicious both local and international tastes catered for. roof top pool beautiful and peaceful . beach terrace resturant was my favourite place from where you could sit for hours and watch the world go by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went there for lunch on a cold Sunday. Place was packed!!! Don't understand why? place is exactly as it was 10 years ago when I first visited! I mean looks old and poorly maintained!
No surprises, not great food, perhaps a bit too bland for me. Parking is a nightmare. Service is not worth tipping!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Carlos V
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have stayed at the original Cesar Mariscos in the past and was happy there but opted for the Annex this year due to the high price of the original hotel. The rooms are decent, good beds, TV cable, hot water, etc. just like the main hotel, just no view. The pool is nice to cool off and access to the main hotel is nice. They have Kayaks to rent for $10. Our rate for 3 in a double room was L900 which is about $47. Warning: we were in the room right next door to the king room the previous reviewer recommended and the king room was a smoking room and stunk so heavily of smoke we could smell it as we entered and left our room next door!! They were trying to air it out but no way that strong smell goes away just opening the window. Having the open balcony overlooking the water at the original Cesar Mariscos is really awesome but for us we decided it was not worth nearly double the price. The night desk man, Mr. Dick, was very nice and knew our names each time we came and left saying hello by name. No breakfast included with the room at the Annex as is at the original hotel. I would recommend this one for those on a budget but if you have the funds, the ocean front one is definitely nicer. Warning: the Honduras tour book map has the wrong location for the Annex and the taxi driver we had did not know where it is, but the staff from the original Cesar Mariscos which is easy to find walked us over as it is just a couple blocks away.

Room Tip: The rooms on the pool side don't have the street noise at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I are staying here off season and during the week so managed to get an amazing rate for our 3 nights in the annex property which is much quieter but comes with the ocean front amenities. Mildred and the other receptionist were extremely friendly, accommodating and not only acted as receptionists but also concierges. Those girls deserve a raise. The room was surprisingly large, clean, had very good working a/c, ceiling fan, hot water, cable TV and Wi-Fi. We had a water dispenser right outside or door. There are pool facilities at the annex and you can use the roof top pool and jacuzzi at the main beach-front property. All for $35 a night (keep in mind, off season).

There is an ATM 10 feet away from the hotel and a supermarket 5 blocks away.

The next day, I had the misfortune of planning my morning on-line reading over breakfast at the hotel restaurant which has a beautiful beach view. The internet was not working! I informed Vivian, who seemed to be management. She was unapologetic and offered no solution or alternatives. We choose this hotel for their advertising of Wi-Fi. Very frustrating! This continued the rest of the day, even on the roof top pool.

If they fix their WiFi and Vivian's customer service, I would have given it a 5.

Room Tip: The quietest room in the annex is called "Dona Julia", king-size bed. If you're lookin...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JennyG786
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in course of a backpacking trip Belize-Guatemals-Honduras. Tela has a great beach. Town bit beaten up, old banana shipping port going to seed. This hotel was a great find, $60 US night for a 2d floor room fronting the beach, nice woodwork, balcony, great soft bed, good large hotwater shower. Nice art on the walls of the hotel, front desk very helpful. I am a 56 year old still annually backpacking Canadian lawyer, often stay "low rent" on these trips. This was a couple of luxury nights, any woman would like this place. Even a rooftop pool.

Restaurant also very good, good breakfasts and cafe con leche, had a very good $10 dinner also.

Definitely my "Tela hotel" - uniquivocally recommend.

Michael,
Vancouver, Canada, November 2012.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo