“A hidden gem”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tela
La Ensenada Beach Resort & Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Tela
Reviewed May 9, 2014

For the last 12 years, I have been leading mission teams to Honduras. After a week of hard work, we try to find a quiet place to decompress and get ready for re-entry into American life. We have been to Roatan, Utila and all over the coast. La Ensenada is without a doubt one of the best hotels in Honduras. The staff is friendly, the food is plentiful and the rooms are marvelous. We will return to La Ensenada and I have recommended it to many friends for a vacation spot.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank john b

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Had a very relaxing two days during Semana Santa--which is really saying something given that going to the beach in Honduras during the "holy week" typically is stressful.

On Wednesday we had the entire beach practically to ourselves with "Jayro," the beach bartender, taking phenomenal care of us. His service was so good that we even opted to tip him a little extra.

I'm not usually the type of person who stays in an all-inclusive resort; I prefer the personality and character of small hotels in Central America. So, I will say that I entered with a little bit of apprehension which I discovered was unfounded. We were taking my cousin and her boyfriend as they like these sorts of resorts and, all-in-all, they were also very happy.

The only incidents I would bring to the attention of the owners or managers would be that the "snack" in the afternoon was pitiful at best. I also was not pleased that the restaurant was not open all day; only at certain hours. This meant that the property was not truly "all-inclusive."

Also, our room seldom had hot water; at best only warm for 30-60 seconds and then slightly above cold. This didn't matter so much after having been out on a hot day but in the mornings with the air-conditioning having been on all night it was thoroughly unpleasant. This was in building #8.

Other than that, I was impressed by the service which I found to be above-and-beyond what I would have expected from an all-inclusive resort where even the service was included.

Room Tip: In our room in building 8 the water was not always too warm.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank VisitHonduras
La Ensenada B, Director de Recepción at La Ensenada Beach Resort & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2015

Dear VisitHonduras,

Thank you for your lovely review and for staying with us and allowing us to be part of your special holiday week. We are very happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable and memorable experience with La Ensenada and that you enjoyed our All Inclusive Plan, regarding the afternoon snacks we will make sure to review our menu with our chef to make improvements to our afternoon snack offerings.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warm regards from Tela,

Damaris Alvarado
Front Office Manager

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I visited the Ensenada resort with my son during March break. To market this place as an all inclusive is false advertising! From the moment we checked in we had no help with our luggage, they simply drop you off near where your room is and point it out, there is no one to help you with your luggage. The rooms were okay, the food was very good but make sure to eat while the only restaurant is open otherwise you'd have to wait until their next opening. The front desk staff were very unhelpful, one was too busy taking her personal calls on her mobile... The others careless. When it comes to the bar only certain drinks are included, you do not have access to all drinks as you would going to a five star in the Dominican Republic. The water in the pool was cloudy, doesn't give a very clean feel. In my opinion this place lacked in many areas most importantly customer service. For the same price I could have had a better all inclusive experience elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Ecast
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

La Ensenada offers great accommodations when it comes to rooms and meals in their all-inclusive package. You will find luxurious rooms and delicious buffet meals. In the other hand and taking in fair consideration the "tear & wear" factor, the grounds (pools, playground) need some attention. A resort this new should look better since this is one of the selling points for many that choose this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Luis S
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After spending a week on a Habitat for Humanity trip, this was quite a jolt - gorgeous, multi-bedroom, multi-bathroom condo with several pools and beach access. We only stayed one night on our way back to the airport, but I could certainly have stayed longer. The included meals in the group dining rooms were reminiscent of Disney, the drinks were weak, and the service, overall, a little lame. However, the accommodations and pool/beach options were excellent.

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a place as close to the beach as possible. It's not far to walk from anyw...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tandrys
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

everything was perfect! we got to kayak, play volleyball, get as many drinks as you want, snacks, and good meals! The pool was AMAZING! and the pier at the beach was amazing! You can jump off of the pier or have lunch at the tables! The kayaking is so awesome. And easy to get! Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank MMMorgan2
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is an issue by itself I really don't know where to start all I can say is for the price you pay its not worth it. We paid 88 us a night per person because it was supposedly all inclusive drinks and three meals a day. Well the front desk staff was ok. The rooms are like 10-15 minutes walk from the entrance and the reception area upon entering the buildings where the rooms are located the place smells foul goodness like an old mildew place that had not been mopped for months and some air freshner or glade plug in could have at least been used. The rooms were not so bad two nice size beds warning do not leave your porch door open cause mosquitoes will eat you up. Now to the so call all inclusive part their is a bar outside of the pool that has slush machines that look so old and curdled up I asked for a virgin pina colada and was told I would have to pay for that because all their alcoholic drinks are free but you have to pay for virgin drinks just unbelievable I would expect this to be all inclusive. Anyways so we had some ice slush and they have two standard flavor mora(berry) and goubana (soursop) and warning from now if you suffer from diabetes do not get none of their slush drinks from the open bar its syrup high sugar content that we had to throw ours away because it was too sweet and low and behold there was the trash can filled with the slush cups I guess its a strategy so you dont ask for more. Now to the all inclusive buffet the food wasnt so bad but it gave me diarrhea everyday for 5 days I dont know if they cook with a lot of spice but it really affected our stomach. To be on the beach there was barely any sea food so on our last day at this resort we decided to eat outside of the hotel. The dessert is the same everyday and the drinks menu is the same everyday and to say its all inclusive you have someone bothering you to sign a room number slip when your eating I must say the restaurant staff is very courteous and friendly and they are right there to serve you. There is this one woman name Ana that is a supervisor that speaks english well that gives superb service and another dude name Eddie that smiles everytime he comes to your table. Now to the amenities the best thing about this hotel is the pool the beach is really crappy and mosquito and sandfly haven. The most annoying part of this hotel and I think its very unfair they allow outside visitors to come spend a day at the hotel if they would pay a fee and enjoy the same amenities as the guest paying 88us per person a night they come and eat out the buffet and they just take up all the space and tables in the hotel just disgusting. I dont know if I would ever return to this hotel because you really do not get value for money

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business