See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2014

The hostel is quite far away from the coast and not that cheap for that location. when booking whatch out that you get a room with a view in the garden - windows on the street are a horror (very loud!!!). Dont believe them saying they have internet - they dont.

Room Tip: Take care not to have windows on the street - its terribly loud!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Assja_Wischnewskaja
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I stayed here for three nights, booking via hostelworld.com. I arrived in a poor frame of mind, having had some tussles with the GPS receiver on my phone and walked over in the rain, being too stubborn to take a taxi. I was somewhat dismayed to find that number 97 didn't look like any kind of accommodation at all. However, I checked the printout of my hostelworld booking and it did indeed say that access was via the brown gate; I had just not noticed it beforehand. This isn't a complaint (although unless it's done for security, it would be nice to have a sign), but just something to be aware of before you arrive so you don't end up standing out in the street getting upset.

I had a double room with ensuite bathroom. The double bed seemed to be two singles pushed together, but it was comfortable. The room wasn't huge but it was big enough for the bed and a sofa and table, which was nice as I could use my laptop without having to sit on the bed. There was a kettle with complimentary tea and coffee, which was a nice touch. Unusually in my experience of Georgia, the room had a radiator - I think it was controlled externally and it wasn't on while I was there, but it wasn't particularly cold anyway.

The room was clean but the decor was a bit tired-looking. However, for the money I think it was completely acceptable. The wifi worked well and handled Skype adequately.

I didn't see anyone else on the terrace but I think I was travelling rather off-peak for Batumi; I'm sure it would be a good place to meet people at busier times.

The location is slightly out of the way, but I didn't consider it a big inconvenience. The street outside was just a bit darker and quieter than I'd have liked, but there were usually a few people around and I didn't feel too intimidated.

I would certainly consider staying here again in future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ZornsLemma
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The greatest asset of this little guesthouse is the friendly and helpful owners. The landlady went out of her way by waking at 4am, unasked, to call us a taxi for the airport. Most of the rooms open on to a little sub-tropical garden, so there's space to sit out and meet people. Great value too, especially with a bathroom, kettle and sofa included in each room. Only downside is it's a fair walk to the city centre.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank timaroberts
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Although the people were very friendly and the room was really tidy, the location is just bad. It isn't just the distance (20 min walk), but you have to cross many streets and dodge the Goergian road maniacs, and some darker parts. Not a safe feeling for a girl travelling alone. Good option if you have your own car or always travel by taxi, otherwise look for better options.

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Dick v
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Excellent stay - ensuite for low money, very clean and fresh. The family is very nice and open, always ready to help and advise. The room looks as new, bathroom is clean and water is hot (we stayed there in winter), plastic windows and doors. Quiet sleep at night, beautiful yard to rest in summer.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple