Sheraton Batumi Hotel
Hilton Batumi(Batumi)
Hotel Alik(Batumi)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsoutdoor poolexecutive roomexcellent hotellobby barturkish bathgreat spaperfect servicespa centerspecial thankstop floorthank you very muchroom serviceexcellent stayexcellent viewsea viewbusiness tripveronica
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Once again the staff never ceases to amaze me. From first check in they always make me feel right at home. I was behind another couple and to my surprise, not really, they were treated in the same manner I was. Except for my reservation getting screwed up by travel department. Not to worry, the staff jumped into action and gave me a different room than I normally get (I stay here often) and it did not let me down. The second morning I commented how I like to open the window at night and the ones in my room were so high there was not much of a breeze. Bella kept me occupied (which is not hard to do, I am pretty sure she talked about fire trucks or something) and Nunu got on the phone with the front desk and within 3 minutes I had a new room. AMAZING. Now if I could only learn Georgian :) And thanks again to Eka and her staff at the Sunflower. To walk in the door and have people remember my order after just two days is terrific. Too many names to list, and it is not just one or two, the entire staff are all very attentive to the customers. So refreshing to stay where customer service still means something. It is a very hard thing to find in the hotel industry in Georgia. Thank you....AGAIN.

Room Tip: Time to avoid the harbor side...with all the bright flashing lights and the 4 story TV on the new Technology University it seems like daytime when you look out the window.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank John C
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear John C,

We are so much pleased to read you heartwarming review. Here in Sheraton guest satisfaction is very essential and it is truly rewarding for us to learn that we have achieved it to a great extent. For us you are not just a guest but a member of our warm and connected big family and each time we are very happy to see you in our hotel.

Thank you for preferring us during your visits to Batumi. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly shall you need any assistance or should you have any additional requirements. We would more than happy to do our utmost to make your stay even more comfortable and enjoyable.

Hope to see once again in the nearest future.

With great respect,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

An excellent hotel, very good rooms and good service. Perfect location. Has two swimming pools - indoor and outdoor. Both are very good, clean and calm. The staff is friendly and helpful. Brekfast is good, although there is no change on day to day basis. Lunch is quite boring though and I never stayed for dinner, which is not a problem given that there are lots of nice restaurants around the hotel due to its very good location.

Room Tip: A/C units noice is very high on one side of the hotel, the one that looks into the square with a small church on it. Higher floors do not help as the equipment is located somwhere close to the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Evginka
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Dear Evginka,

Thank you so much for your excellent feedback shared with other TripAdvisor readers.

We were very happy to learn how much you enjoyed staying with us and particular highlights of your stay were our indoor and outdoor pools-part of our magnificent Sheraton Shine Spa. We are also thankful for your warm words regarding our staff whose efforts and dedication made your stay truly unforgettable experience.

At the same time we appreciate your constructive comment concerning breakfast menu, we indeed consider making certain alteration to it in the nearest future.

Wish you see you once again in the nearest future.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Stayed here for two nights this past August and was very impressed with the hotel. The building itself has a quite interesting design and the lobby is stunning. The lifts are very fast and comfortable. My room was on the 18th floor with a nice view towards the city and a partial ocean view. Room itself was on the smaller side but well laid out. The bed was superb, have not had such good sleep in quite some time. Staff were friendly and courteous during check in/out and when I ordered room service. Highly recommend the restaurant/bar on the last floor (believe it's the 22nd floor) as the view to the Black Sea, especially the sunset, is fantastic.

Unfortunately the weather in Batumi was not good during my stay and could not use the outdoor pool. Would definitely stay here again while visiting Batumi.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank raamel
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Pinguero,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for recommending Sheraton Batumi Hotel to other TripAdvisor readers, we are truly proud of your words and appreciate your kind gesture.

We are very happy to read that your stay with us was an exceptional one and you enjoyed our offerings, especially Sheraton Signature Sweet Sleeper Bed- a guarantee of a good sleep, our precious rooms with breathtaking mountain and sea views, as well as our attentive and caring staff who are doing their utmost to make our guests' stay with us really unforgettable.

Thank you once again. We truly hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton Batumi Hotel in the nearest future.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Advantages: 1. Very good location in elegant quarter of Batumi, near the beach. 2.Spacious rooms with very comfortable beds 3. Probably the best hotel swimming pools (both indoor and outdoor) I have ever seen. Though it would be usuful to install a clock at the indoor one. 4.Fantastic hammam 5. Interesting design of the hotel 6.Nice, english speaking staff.

Disadvantages: 1. Evening meals in Sunflower Restaurant were always the same. During all of my 7-days stay - every evening I had the same choice of hot dishes: chicken, beef gulash and panga (?) fish! No chance to try georgian cuisine like khinkali or adjarian kchachapuri. During breakfast scrumbled eggs were almost cold. 2. No private beach. 3.Very limited parking places. Almost every day the very small hotel parking was closed by the police becouse of VIP guests, so we had to argue for the place with aggresive local taxi drivers who occupied nearby municipal parking. It was very frustrating. 4. We've been told not to take hotel towels to the beach. Ok, we obeyed,but I would never think to take bath towel to the 5-stars Sheraton...5. Room service could be better. In double room we got only one bathrobe. After intervention we got another one but only one pair of slippers. Two days in a row cleaning lady was taking dirty wine glasses giving nothing instead. We had to call twice room service to get clean ones but during the rest of our stay I decided to wash them myself.
Of course all there are details that couldn't spoil our holiday in Batumi but I think it shouldn't happen in 5 stars european Sheraton hotel...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank FromPoland
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests.

As the Sheraton Batumi Hotel we aim to create enriching experience and deliver exceptional customer service for all of our guests without any exception. While on the one hand we were delighted to read that you enjoyed our Shine Spa, central location, spacious rooms and professional staff, on the other hand we are disappointed to learn that other aspects of your stay were not very satisfactory and wish to apologize for all those short falls mentioned in your review. Please be assured that your valuable feedback would be shared with the relevant departments and be considered for improvement of our services.

I sincerely hope that we would have an opportunity to welcome you back to Sheraton Batumi Hotel in the nearest future should your travel bring you Batumi once again. .

Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is third year we go Batumi with family and stay at Sheraton. This hotel left no choice to stay in this nice city. You feel like you are in home and staff is your old freinds. This is something you need when you need full relax and ejoy your time in seaside. Miss you Sheraton and Batumi... No matter where we will tarvel each year We will come again this hotel and city to relax and enjoy. You can enjoy only in home and Sheraton become that place for us..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Hunan A
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Hunan A,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback, we are proud to have your loyalty and truly appreciate your kind words.

It was delightful to learn that you enjoyed staying with us so much and that particular driver of your loyalty was warm and friendly environment created in our hotel. We are happy that you feel here like home away from your home, for us you are also not only a very precious guest but a part of our a big family and we are more than happy to see with us.

My wonderful team and I look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Batumi.

Best regards,