“Holiday from Hell” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Kololi
nottingham
“Holiday from Hell”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

After more than 10 trips to The Gambia my friend and I decided to try this Hotel. BIG MISTAKE. We arrived here to be told that we had not booked. We showed our booking reference but was diverted to another Hotel ' Bamboo Hotel ' until it was resolved at which point I got to bed at 2am after landing in Banjul at 7pm.I was given a room with a big double bed and so was my friend. After 30 minutes in bed I was itching and then my friend knocked at my door. I got out of bed to see bed bugs crawling into the bamboo bed frame. My eyebrow and leg were bitten and the next day both were up like a balloon and I needed antibiotics. I was fuming. I returned to Seaview the next morning to see what was happening and they said that we could now go back there and that the receptionist had given our room to someone else. After a day lost I was hoping things would get better. Some wish .The breakfast at this Hotel is the worst I have ever seen. Bread rolls, a bit of cheese and 1 choice of fruit is your lot. The room was clean but very very dark. All the English were complaining. The drinks were 50 dalasi at the bar in comparison to 20 on the strip. To get a sunbed was a mission, the pool boy looked at you funny if he actually had to work. The English were complaining that the bar staff were keeping there change. I will never ever return to this Hotel. The rooms are clean and its a good location but there is nothing else in its favour at all. The staff are disorganised and corrupt. Disgraceful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank NottinghamAli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just back from our 2nd visit to seaview gardens. The hotel is near enough to all local facilities yet far enough away to escape the busy strip were the restaurants and bars are. Yes as previous travellers have said the breakfast is poor, u can request eggs but only have choice of boiled or omelette, we had a cuppa and an egg each day. The rooms are basic and cleaned daily but we only wanted to sleep and shower in there so more than sufficient. We will be returning next year too.

• Stayed March 2013
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We have just come back from our second visit to Seaview Garden Hotel so we kind of knew what to expect at this hotel but were disappointed to find that the breakfast was still just as poor as last year so we had breakfast out every day so much easier. The rooms are adequate for a weeks stay but could do with a lick of paint and updating a bit and also tea and coffee in your room would be great. I was also ill
for 3 days and at first we didn't get much help from Reception but one of the guys behind the bar was Red Cross so he helped us and then called a cheap doctor who came to see me and got me some medication and even called me on his day off to see how I was I don't think many staff/people know he is Red Cross! Lamin who cleans the pool and looks after the sun beds is lovely and always happy to see you every day. We spent a lot of time at the Seaview Beach Bar which is a short walk from the hotel through the green door, this place is very relaxed but now run by a Gambian woman who isn't very pro-active and sits in a chair asleep most of the time but it's fine for sitting in the sun or shade with drinks and food available all day just sometimes not quite open in the morning when you arrive!
We will definitely be going back to Seaview Garden Hotel next year but probably on a room only basis next time if this is possible!
Michelle & Paul Kinch

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Seaview Gardens when I visited Banjul for work. I would stay elsewhere next time.

The staff are friendly but disorganised: they had lost my booking when I arrived.

The remote control for the air conditioning was missing in my room. My room was close to a noisy area in the evenings. Breakfast was very basic. No view of the sea from anywhere in my room or public parts of the hotel, but perhaps it might be possible to get a glimpse from second-floor rooms. WiFi worked sporadically, and only by the pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank flensdk

Travelers are raving about these Kololi hotels

Nottingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Hotel operates an annoying con as prices shown for evening special were then subject to VAT!!!! My 430 D bill suddenly became 505D another Gambian con to get more money out of you
All the other restaurants I ate at I did not get charged this VAT so don't eat in hotel unless you want this 17% increase However the meal was good but better food available on the strip 150D meals were charged at 150D

Room Tip: Hotel behind a garage Sea view only available from 2nd floor Air con don't have as they only r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank glenfarclasluva
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Clean and comfortable. If I was styling more than a week and wanted to spend lots of time in the hotel I would have wanted it cosier but for my busy week of touring it did the job for me. The staff really made me feel welcome.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sisda
CARDIFF U.K.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

We've been to this area before and after lots of pre holiday research I came up with a great seperates price pairing Seaview together with a Thomascook flight. We arrived mid-afternoon on New Years day, check in was quick and smooth and soon a porter carried our bags to our room. This room standard was'nt what we had read on our online agent's glossy advertised page. Entering the room the furniture was clean modern with loads of storage space, t.v. had a good few channels including CNN and BBC World service, the bathroom only had a shower not the advertised bath listed in the advert. Asking the wife do you want me to go see the manager she said no, fine by me so we unpacked and went off. We hired a room fridge for £20/week a bit overpriced but you need chilled drinks in the heat, A/C was available again at a price but with the cooler evenings we managed fine without it. Over the coming days we spoke to other guests who had the baths and 4 poster mosquito net covered beds advertised. It was peak holiday period time and these rooms we all occupied by others, ah well luck of the draw I suppose. The staff were fantastic every one of them and we soon built a great bond with them. The two Lamin's the work the pool were fab and their periodic tips were more than deserved for setting out our sunbeds with sheets and pool towels. Our sweet little cleaner Fatou did a fine job changing towels every day and bedding several times a week, again a small tip periodically goes a long way to supplement the income of these hard working low earning people. Staff in the restaurant and around the pool were a joy too, Moona, Bob, Alex, Essa, big Alu and those few that their names escape me as I type were wonderful. Jimmy that rents out the cycles outside the hotel gates was a great find, he came out for walks with me many times showing me short cuts that I never would have found.
Located just off the highway near the strip in one direction and Palma Rima in the other it could'nt be better placed. With a shopping centre across the road and 4 supermarkets within walking distance and several routes down to the beach simply perfect. Only slight downfall was it lacked the wildlife found in the grounds of other hotels on the front of the strip and we both missed the monkeys and tropical birds, still we strolled down to other hotels to see them. We'll certainly be back to this wonderful friendly hotel, thanks Seaview for a great stay.
Tony & Christine Read, Cardiff.

Room Tip: The block adjacent to the pool has better rooms than the block at the rear of the complex. Tip the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MONDEO1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kololi
Hotel Palm Beach
Sunset Beach Hotel
Smartline Palma Rima
Smartline Palma Rima
#5 of 8 in Kololi

Been to Seaview Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!