“Out of the way jewel”
Review of 2Rays

2Rays
Ranked #12 of 102 Restaurants in Kololi
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This restaurant is I bit out of the way if you are satay ink on the strip but only a 2 min taxi ride. As we have an apartment set behind the 2 rays it is very handy for use (the do take aways)
Try the fish platter you will not be disappointed.
The staff are very friendly and the food great

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Fabulous food, my favorite restaurant, Went there quite a few times. Food was excellant and very good prices. say hello to Idi and Sherif the waiters.

1  Thank anne186460
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Pleasant staff, service, very accommodating chef. Brilliant food. Found 2 Rays the first evening and ate there every day after. Order " Wild Black" you won't eat any where else.

Chef I miss u!

1  Thank Sisda
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had basic food here in Dec 2012 and the quality was V. Poor. Undecooked fish and greasy chicken left us leaving most of it. Never again. Service was OK.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We travelled to The Gambia first week in November. Had no idea what to expect having never been there before. Was certainly not expecting anything great by way of street side cafes and restaurants. We stayed in a villa - we went to dinner on all 7 nights.
We seriously never had a bad meal all week - see other reviews. But 2Rays was truly shocking.
I had Captain's fish - mu had baracuda maybe and Hazel Kingfish. Hers as I recall served with a subtle orange sauce and some "sea grass" - which complements fish a lot like samphire - only sweeter and less salty. Big Ray told us he had bought 20kg of this veg from Gewrmany - where he has cheffed for 20 years. Certainly didn't expect that story
Big Ray is the chef - little Ray the front of house business partner. They complement one another brilliantly. For mothers' day this year we ate at Nathan Outlaws in Rock. My captains fish was every bit as good as all of the fishy plates tried there - and better than most.
Maybe we were lucky - maybe I'm getting carried away as the week's holiday was such fun.
But maybe it just happens to be one of the best kept secrets - and hidden away gems - on the planet?
I had to get this restaurant added to Kololi's TripAdviser "properties" - and I am proud to be the first reviewer of this top top place.

1  Thank MardleyMassif