“rarely disappoints - even on Christmas Day”

Darboe's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Kololi
Cuisines: African
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were at Kololi Beach Club for a week over Christmas. Is turkey a possibility? well fear not - every hotel, bar, restaurant and beach shack has something to offer.
We decided that rather than paying 2,000 plus dalasis as requested by some of the hotels, to give the 450 dalasi "fully Christmas dinner with all the trimmings and any drink of choice" a go.
It was fun, great value (pina coladas included) and memorable for many reasons. From the rather decent turkey and gravy to the silicone implant yorkshires - from the reservation of table 15 (tried 3 times, failed twice) to the shere hilarity of it all. Have added a couple of snaps. This place should do well, does do well and is always worth a visit.

1  Thank MardleyMassif
There are newer reviews for Darboe's Restaurant

Reviewed January 6, 2014

So having eaten here several times during my last trip I was looking forward to my fish benechin but wasn't so impressed this time. The price was up from 250 dalasi last season to 325 and the portions seemed smaller. And when I mentioned that the rice was lukewarm in the centre I got a shrug and a mumbled " Oh". This is not the service that I have come to expect from this restaurant

1  Thank trev d
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Only went in for a drink one night, found it very boring & took a life time to get the bill for one drink, asked three staff before I could eventually pay & leave.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

All three of ate well, as we were promised, by the friendly and efficient waiters. The all red colour scheme, down to the waiters' bow ties, makes the place look smaller and more cramped than it actually is.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have been to Gambia many times but have never previously tried Darboes. The reviews were very good so we gave it a go.

The place was fairly full which was a good sign, and the staff were friendly. Unfortunately the food didn't quite match our expectations. The fillet steak was quite tough ( I guess it was local steak, not imported like at La Scala, although it was the same price.) The other meal should have been chicken based but it came as fish.

As mentioned, maybe we went on a bad night, and it is always busy, so we will try again on our next visit