“Tasty”

Jewel of India
Ranked #20 of 97 Restaurants in Kololi
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at "Jewel of India" we serve essentially North Indian food, a lively mix of spices with tempting aromas from Punjab. Tandoori cooking is popular throughout the world and here you will find marinated meats, fish, rotis and naans done over the traditional coal fire, enhancing the aromatic flavours. Tandoori - Chicken, Lamb & Seafood Curries - Vegetarian Dishes - Biryani & Rices Complimentary poppadoms & pickles with every order. Take Away & Party Catering available.
Oslo, Norway
“Tasty”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had a very nice evening out at this restaurant. The new owner and chief has done great things to this place, and food that was bland last time, was now tasty and well presented! The grills well worth a try!
Staff is always around, making sure your dining experience is pleasurable.
If I were to put my finger on anything, it would be the music. Put th volume down a bit,and let it blend in the background.

• Visited February 2013

Bagley, United Kingdom
“worst case of food poisoning i have ever had.”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food was inedible but I was hungry so ate a bit, that was a big mistake, having spent three days on the toilet and am now on antibiotics to try to solve the problem. My partner has had a similar problem.

I have been trying to contact their version of environmental health because we have both been made so ill and had our holiday spoilt.

• Visited April 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Absolutely lovely!!!! Warm welcome, food was very very good. Nice atmosphere. Would certainly go back.

• Visited April 2013
whittlesey
“Always a pleasure”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Hi all, I ve been here a few times, liked it every time and this year I found it to be under new management and a new chef. I went twice in the week I stayed and both meals were delightful.
Tanddori mixed grill had prawns as well as the expected meat and the special biriany the 2nd visit was even better. It is quite a step away from Indian menus you get in the UK as there are no side dishes on the menu, which would nt be a problem if you are a party of 4 or more but if you like a couple of veg sidies then you ll end up spending and wasting a lot of food so I stuck to the mains without trimmings but both meals were excellent
They no longer offer a banquet night but may do again in future and I see tha Al Basha now does which also was a treat

• Visited March 2013
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“The most popular restaurant in The Gambia with my groups!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have the good fortune to take groups of students/staff out to The Gambia every year to study wildlfie and conservation. We usually dine out in the tourist areas in the evenings (after a long day's hard work of course!) and at the end of the course, the students are asked to pick their favouarite restaurant for the final evening meal. For the last few trips, the choice has been the Jewel of India, and for good reason! The food is exactly what I want from a good Indian restaurant and at those prices its a steal. The staff include one chap who I view of the best waiter I have ever encountered (Abou). I'm not kidding! From the days when he used to take care of my baby daughter so that Mummy and Daddy could have dinner in peace, to the time he sussed that I couldn't stand one of the students and played a brilliant practical joke on him (featuring exactly the right level of humiliation!), he has been a star! I cannot recommend the Jewel of India highly enough and, if you are "in" when its one of our group's last nights - sorry in advance ;-)

• Visited January 2013