“Simply the best”

Arch Tours
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Kololi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Arch Tours are Gambian owned & managed ground tour operators with office in the Senegambia strip next to the scala restaurant on the strip to the monkey park. We offer ethical site seeing tours, tourist trips, safaris,educational tours,exclusive tours,cultural tours,scenic tours, airport transfers, hotel and private apartment bookings and reservation & excursions in The Gambia & Senegal.we have being operating as a fully insured and registered tour company in the gambia and senegal for 11 years.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Arch tours are simply the best in The Gambia. I went on several trips with my family, 4 adults and 2 children, in March 2014.The team are so attentive, knowledgable and informative. They look after you whatever your age from start to finish. Fatalah park was the stand out trip culminating in visiting the lions and having them lick your arms. Well done Abdul, Rhino and the the rest of the arch team keep up the good work and see you all again soon.

2  Thank ewoodlad307
in 10 reviews
"gambian life"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing day. Best trip we have ever been on. Loved Amy - brilliant at her job, may she continue to work as a guide for many more years :-)

1  Thank 83Jemma83
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Arch-Tours was by far the best part of my holiday in The Gambia. The tour guides were all very friendly and great fun to be around. They took the trouble to tell you everything about life in The Gambia, they also kept people from hassling you whilst you walked around the markets or at busy places such as the fishing village.
The company was started in 2004 by Abdul Conteh, they were known as the "boys in red" and their reputation has grown along with the company for the last 10 years.
I booked my tours whilst I was in Gambia as the office was only a ten minute walk from my hotel and next to the supermarket. I had e-mailed Abdul before hand with questions about pick up from my hotel (they pick you up and drop you off at your hotel) and visas for Senegal (a visa is not needed for the day trip to Fathala game park). Abdul replied to both my e-mails within a couple of hours.
All the guides were really friendly and helpful. Amy, Steve, Alex, Ali, Solomon, Ebriam. There was also another girl but I cannot remember her name.
I took three tours....

4 tours in 1 day...this one is not to be missed.
North Senegal
Roots cruise

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My Fiance was very reluctant to do a tour when we went to Gambia in March but I wanted to explore. Neither of us were disappointed.

We chose to do the 4 in 1 tour which does not do what it says on the tin as it was more like 8 in 1 making the £40 charge ridiculous value for money. We got picked up at 8am and dropped off at 6pm. We saw so much of Gambia and to my surprise it was not only the touristy parts we were taken, I really felt we saw part of the true Gambia.

All our food and drinks were supplied (including beer) and they were in plentiful supply. the tours guides were very informative, friendly and conscientious. even though you so much in one day it never felt rushed or tiring and we spent enough time at each destination. I would recommend this to anyone.

(Make sure you take a camera!)

2  Thank Naomi44
See more reviews
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Went on the 4 in 1 trip and wow what a day. Worth every penny and more. From the minute we got picked up in the jeep we were made welcome and given lots of information. We had 2 guides, Hyacinth and Gino, our driver was called Smiley and there 6 of us in the jeep.
Visited a local market, full of colour and lots to see ( & smell) , went to the local animal market. The crocodile park, a small school,a typical family home and also Lamin Lodge. A couple of hours on Paradise Beach and finally the Tanji fishing beaches. Lots of different experiences which we'll never forget. Plenty of liquid refreshments provided throughout the day and a tasty lunch. Would highly recommend Arch Tours and will use them again when we return to The Gambia.

2  Thank Lesthorn