“Over priced and over rated”
Review of Jojo's - CLOSED

Jojo's
Cuisines: African
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Good location, nice setting but over priced and over rated. Food was ok ish but Scala steaks are better and also wine is better and cheaper almost anywhere than Jo Jos. When it first opened it was very good but since the English couple left it has gone down the pan.

1  Thank IOWcouple

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were in Jojo's Bistro and grill house on the 7th of september with my wife and my brother with his wife aswell. We ordered the steaks with blue cheese sauce, and i have to say that is one of the best steaks i have ever eat in my life. The staffs were so nice to us and it give us a very nice time in jojo's. After we had some cocktails at the bar watching a live band, it was so nice!!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We fancied a night out of the usual hotel restaurant and wish we hadn't bothered. I'm not surprised by recent negative reviews. We went in off season so we were the only people in the restaurant. Considering we arrived just after 8pm and didn't get our food until 10pm, left at 10.20pm this is a pretty good indication of our level of satisfaction with Jojo's.

They got the orders wrong and mixed up, I asked for my steak medium - it was so well done I couldn't get my knife and fork through it. My boyfriend ordered the Surf n Turf and was less than pleased by the 1 prawn he had on his plate hiding under the chips (which were undercooked). The waiter laughed it off but then came back with a further prawn by which time he'd almost finished. The one good thing is that he thought his steak was perfect.

Considering this meal cost us the same as we'd expect to pay at home in the UK we were so dissatisfied we wished we never bothered. Perhaps it's much better in high season - in that case I don't see why they bother opening in off season. They only had 2 cans of diet cokes left - why bother?!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is the second time we have been here. I didn't want to go again as was really disappointed last time, but my husband said lets give it another chance. I should have gone with my instinct. I had fish, which was grey, tasted funny, and I was bad for the next 3 days. Give it a very wide berth and go to any of the others were you won't get ripped off

3  Thank fingerman
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Second year in Gambia and our second visit . I understand the owners were away whilst we were there and their team let them down . Dirty plates, dirty tablecloths and poorly prepared food.

2  Thank FionaKevin