“Simply the best”
Review of Luigi's Complex

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kololi
Luigi's Complex
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kololi
Reviewed April 17, 2011

This was our 2nd stay at Luigis and we were just as impressed as the 1st time so much so that we booked to go again whilst we were there.
Friendly, courteous staff who tend to your every need and never ask for anything or hassle. Excellent accomodation that is highly maintained and immaculately cleaned everyday. Close to the beach and local bars and restaurants.
During our last visit we had lost a necklace and ring and emailed Julie on our return home to ask if they had been handed in and we were amazed when we arrived this time to have them returned to us.
We ate in the restaurant on a few occasions and found the food to be excellent and one morning even had 'bubble and squeak' for breakfast.
We would recommend this complex to anyone looking for accomodation in Gambia.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 31, 2011

l stayed at Luigi's for two weeks with some friends. In our group we had two young lads and we were all made to feel like we were home from home. All the staff were super friendly and always had a smile for the guests. The owners, Julie and Luigi were also very friendly and it seemed nothing was too much trouble, and lm sure we tested this theory on many occasions.
The accomodation is attended to daily by a team of dedicated cleaners who managed to achieve a very high level of cleanliness through out our whole stay.

l primarily came to the Gambia in search of surf, stories of uncrowded warm beach breaks were the incentive. l was not dissapointed after scoring several really fun days, and the water is indeed tropical.

The restaurant at Luigi's serves fantastic food in a very comfortable surrounding that l can highly recommend.
Overall, if your looking for a hot destination and want to stay in a very friendly, very comfortable complex.... you dont need to look any further than Luigi's.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My Wife booked Luigi's as part of a birthday suprise for me, I have to say that the staff were extremely freindly and the whole place very welcoming. The pool area was really nice, good service, and the food in the restaurant was excellent. Drinks in the hotel are more expensive than the bars around it, but you pays your money and takes your choice.
The breakfast could have been a little more exciting, but the coocked breakfasts (extra cost) were very good. The room we had was very comfortable the only dissapointment was the noise from the neighbouring bars at night although this normally went quiet at around 11.30 but one night the beach club next door had a reggae night until 2 am, very loud but not the hotel's fault. Taxi's are plentiful but if taking a taxi from the hotel to the Senegambia strip look out for Yaya in a green Peugeot estate (don't be fooled by appearances, no traffic ever drives fast in Gambia it is as safe as any) he is great guy and will give yuo a good deal, always haggle and agree the price before you get in. He is a good driver and very knowledgable. He will offer to take you places and we used him to go the Vulture feeding, the Monkey Park and the Croc Pool in Bacau, in all he stayed with us for around 3 1/2 hours for 500 dalsis about 12 pounds.
The beach is around 50 metres from the beach, you will be approached on the beach by all and sundry trying to offer you the best this or that, but a firm "later" usually stops them but they are alway freindly and never aggresive. Look out also for Alex at the New Balieys bar on the beach, well worth a visit on Tuesday night as they have a barbeque, you may need to book, and Solomons fish bar also on the beach, which has the best take on fish and chips ever, with butter fish, onions and chips wrapped in foil and cooked on charcoal, delicious fro around 3 pounds. When we go back to Gambia we will almost certainly stay here again, Julie was vey helpful to Sara in the organising of this trip. Groups of girls should watch out for Giovani, i'm sure he thinks his name is casanova, but nice enough.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2011

Review by Corral & David
Do you want a relaxing, safe, clean, place to stay in the Gambia?
Then I can unreservedly recommend Luigi's. All the staff are trustworthy well presented and well trained. Nothing is to much trouble and every effort is made to make your stay enjoyable . The compound is spotless and quiet and within a few yards from the beach and local bars and restaurants. The accommodation is varied Self catering , Bed & Breakfast , Family rooms or Executive Apartments are all available.
there is a large relaxing pool and garden with sun loungers and sun shades which is maintained to the very highest standard.
Luigi's Restaurant has earned a well deserved reputation as one of the finest Italian Bistros in The Gambia.
We have been going to Luigi's a number of years now and NEVER been disappointed

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Where do i start !!!
I cant believe anyone can write a bad review about Luiges, the hospitality is tremendous
not only by julie , luigie and givannie the staff and all guests included, travelling solo or with friends your welomed like extended family, you wouldnt get homesick here.
I came here last year with my 13yr old & 11yr old daughters whom absolutley loved it, the apartment was superb like home from home, luxury of course lol.
I returned this year with my dear friend and her father whom is 86 and the hospitality was second to none, he didnt want to leave.
The complex is so well maintained they would NEVER allow a leaking shower!!! nor shout at staff, it discusts me that anyone can write such crap!!!
Many of the guests return year after year including my parents who are on their 18th year at luigis.
Out and about, the beach is a short walk as are pubs and shops. If you cant find what your looking for just ask anyone of the staff and they will do there best to get what you require.
Final note, i cant WAIT to return.....

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2011

I've been going to the Gambia for 6+ years, and my family have been going for 15+ years. So when I say the best appointed appartments in the Gambia believe me I've tried a lot of them.

We had a superior suite overlooking the pool and it was great. Clean, tidy, fridge, A/C, 4 ring hob (no oven), good sized lounge / dinner and a good sized bed. In fact everything you'd need from a one bed self catering. And all done very nicely. If some poeple complain about the facilities then they should try a few other places eg. Palma Rima! The appartments are great. I can't speak for the other rooms but I'm sure they too are very good, though maybe smaller.

So thats all the good bits, there are some slight down sides.

1) most of the guests are of the more elderly persuasion. They all seem to come back every year and really enjoy themselves. But maybe if your looking for a party every evening in the bar, this might not be the place. Don't get me wrong everyone is friendly and enjoy a drink late afternoon, but maybe a little quiet for some. No us we were looking forward to a quiet stay.

2) A bit noisey for some. There are two bars near by that have bands on most evenings, and they can go on till 1am. Also one sat / sun a month there is a very loud beach party / concert very nearby. I know a lot of people did complain about this. As it happens I sleep like a log, nothing would wake me, so I slept though it all, didnt bother me one bit. However if you are light sleeper it might be an issue. It shouldnt put you off but maybe bring some ear plugs. As we were leaving to come home we spoke with the owner Juliet and she is planning to double glaze all the rooms over the next few season, so no more problem

INFO

As I said the complex is great, lovely pool, great staff but maybe a little quiet. But if you want life then its never too far in a taxi. There is nice little bar next door, lively freindly etc. But if you want to go to the main tourist area, called Senegambia, then it is only D200 (about £4.50) return in a taxi. Once on the stip there are plenty of bar, restaurants, nightclubs etc etc

Overall a lovely place, certainly the nicest place I've stay in the Gambia, maybe a little quiet at night but that suited us just fine.

Highly recommended

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank MPWILDEMAN
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I find it amazing that Luigi's has such high ratings. This wasnt my experience.

Whilst cleanliness was acceptable, location is about 100 metres off the beach and a good 20-30 minute walk from Senegambia. I paid £40 for a room that was too cramped. The shower was awful and didnt drain properly. Indeed, on the first night I found that showering caused most of my room to be flooded.

On a number of occasions, I listened to the owner shouting at the staff - Something I dont ever want to hear in any establishment.

I was looking for a quiet trip to get away from things at home. I certainly didnt get that here. If I were to return to the Gambia, I wouldnt stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
14  Thank london_ozgal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kololi
Kololi Beach Club
Sunset Beach Hotel
smartline Palma Rima
smartline Palma Rima
#4 of 9 in Kololi

Been to Luigi's Complex? Share your experiences!