Le Meridien Tahiti
$386
$371
  • Beachfront
1,923 results
All reviewssandy bottomoverwater bungalowfrench polynesiakoi pondgrocery storepool barla plantationfishle carre restaurantwindstar cruiseplantation restaurantper personother islandsfree wifi in the lobbyhotel shuttlewhite sandthe main hotel
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We chose to stay here for a day finishing our cruise - not our best decision. People did rave about the Intercontinental. This hotel is so dated - its attempt at being a modern art hotel may have worked when new - but now the features and rooms are worn down. The hotel web site shows images that must have been when the hotel was brand new. The drive into the property has carvings vandalized, empty beer cans on the curb and what looked like tracks of a 4x4 having some fun on the lawn. Even the hotel sign is falling down - obviously no investment into this property. The hotel staff really do try their best - if you can find them. Restaurant staff arrived to work 30 minutes after opening and the food was diner style. Drinks average $15USD. We were happy to just get some sleep, some AC and check out.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Havanna59
Loictro, Reservation manager at Le Meridien Tahiti, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Havanna59,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your comment with us.
At Le Meridien Tahiti we do take in consideration our guests experience feedback as this is really important to us.
I am sincerely sorry to learn that we failed meeting your expectation and I would like to express my deepest apologies.
I want to reassure you that all negative aspects you have pointed out have been discussed with concerned departments.
Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your comments which will help us to improve our guest service.
Should you one day decide to stay again at Le Meridien Tahiti please do not hesitate to contact me.
With my best regards.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We used a day room at the end of our cruise and were very unhappy with the hotel. Management was totally unprepared for the large number of guests. Luncheon sandwiches were of poor quality and expensive. Transportation to the airport was mismanaged and a disaster. Would not recommend this hotel. Sorry we didn't go to the Intercontinental.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank zumpano
Loictro, Reservation Manager at Le Meridien Tahiti, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear zumpano,
I would like to thank you for your comment posted recently.
I am sorry that we failed in providing you with the appropriate level of service you were expected.
Your comment about Food has been addressed to head of department for review.
Although transportation was not under our control I do apologize that you had to face a bad experience there too.
Should you one day decide to come back to Tahiti please feel free to contact me.
With my best regards.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed 3 nights, It was just what we expected and more. Ths staff was very helpful, in everything from helping with luggage to helping with phone calls or the bill. Sometimes we had language barrier, but they tried the best they could. The restaurant is pretty pricey, but their were stores right outside of the facilities. You could snorkel right outside of your rooms on the hotel property. Loved it would come back again.

Room Tip: If you can stay in Bungalows it will make your vacation extra special.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank msmikieb

Dear msmikieb,
I would like to thank you for your nice comment.
We are glad you have enjoyed your stay in one of our Overwater Bungalow.
As you mentioned a majority of our staff speak English and the hotel is located by the lagoon of Tahiti offering many variety of activities.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had a one night stay here. We left our cruise ship and checked in as soon as we could in order to enjoy their amenities. The bellhop collected our bags from our cab and had them and my husband in our room before I had even finished checking in. Despite the rain, we loved the sandy bottom pool (and its weird water bikes!) and used one of their kayaks to explore the open water. The gentleman handing out towels and equipment was very polite and friendly. Even though the umbrellas are meant to provide shade, they also did a great job of keeping us and our towels dry. The grounds are lush and full of nature sounds you can enjoy from your balcony. The room itself was a good size, but our lights flickered a lot and it was full of noises. Our toilet stall door was extremely loud and I could hear weird noises as I tried to fall asleep. I think I discovered those to be from the elevator, which was odd because we were not that close to it! We also liked that there was a grocery store very close by.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KaelCoffey

Dear KaelCoffey,

Thank you very much for your comment, your feedback is very important to us.

We are glad you have enjoyed your stay here in Le Méridien Tahiti.

Thank you for pointing our balcony, unique swimming pool and our staff.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 3, 2013

For the money we paid I expect much much more !!!!!!
Didn't really feel any service. Nobody really wanted to speak with us . Sometimes we were just ignored and were not sure we really existed. Could not to leave hotel for the 40 min. No one taxi wanted to take us.
Restaurant - Menu is the same every day and same for lunch and dinner and have only 5 main dishes - 2 of them pasta.
Chairs in the restaurant ( fabric ) VERY dirty .
Beach is good only for snorkeling.
On the pool just a few umbrellas and always taking from early morning .
No dress cod - people come to the restaurant wearing the white bathrobes, providing by hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya A
Loictro, Responsable Réservation at Le Meridien Tahiti, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Tanya A
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your comment with us.
By reading your post I realize we may have failed meeting some of your expectations and I want to apologize for this.
May I ask you to take a moment to contact me directly so I can investigate further your points of disappointment?
With my best regards