“Affordable French cuisine at it's best”
Review of Chez Remy

Chez Remy
Ranked #3 of 29 Restaurants in Punaauia
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Traditional french cuisine
Reviewed September 24, 2013

As a weekly regular for the last 5 years I highly recommend Remy's as a restaurant of excellence. There is something for everyone whether you feel like a hearty meal or something quick on the go. The staff are always willing to please and will cook to your needs! Great place and great food! It always feels like going to good friend's place with excellent food!!!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This restaurant is close to the Le Meridien hotel. In fact it is located in a tiny shopping center across from the pharmacy down the street. It has seating indoors and outdoors. I ordered Escargot as a starter and it was delicious. They were served not in the shell but still had a lovely presentation and the sauce was really good. My entree was Mussels with a small plate of French Fries. To say that it was the never ending bowl of mussels would be an understatement. I was given a second plate just to help out with the shells. My boyfriend's dish was a steak with baked Roquefort cheese on it. The portions on that as well as the taste was delicious to him and he is a guy who likes meat. The owners are charming. So if you want to get away from the hotel and try a dinner that is less expensive than the hotel you must try Chez Remy.

3  Thank Dremwver86
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My man and I found this little hole in the wall around the corner from Le Meridien where we were staying for the weekend. I had this goat cheese salad starter and my boyfriend had the steak with blue cheese melted on top. Wow such a great meal! I've had French food before but not like this. We really had a great time.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It took a few minutes to find, tucked away in some shops. The French fine dining wasn't particularly fine although given the resort food we sampled it might still be worth a trip. For me they should really concentrate on using more local ingredients and cooking in a French style than making sure they have foie gras on the menu several times although maybe what this is what locals and visitors want?

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I went with two friends of mine tonight. The good: very good food, reasonable prices. The neutral: the service - kind of lacking but not poor. The bad: the decor (completely random and run-down), and the location. I'm a single female traveling with two friends (a couple). If I had not been with them, I would have been quite nervous. It may have been safe, but it just didn't feel like it. Take away: if you're a single female and want to try this place, I think lunch time is probably your best bet.

1  Thank redandpinkmatch