“Wonderful evening with friends ”
Review of Le Coco's

Le Coco's
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Punaauia
Cuisines: Diner, French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I dined at Le Coco’s before our Windstar cruise. The restaurant is beautiful with a stunning view. I highly recommend arriving before sunset for an apertivo in the garden.

There are several prix fixe menu options to select from. We chose a 3 course menu with wine pairings. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. The dining room service was professional & synchronized. However, the Wine Steward was arrogant and not on top of servicing our table as the wine was poured after the food was delivered on 2 of our courses.

Overall, it was a wonderful evening.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 30, 2018

Where to begin...? I was seated outside first for aperitif - I ordered the maitai made with champagne, and I'm pretty sure it's my new go-to - So tasty! The waiter handed me a menu and let me know I could choose between a 3, 5 or 7 course meal and could choose my items a la carte, or let the chef decide. I inquired about what my voucher included and he went to check. He came back a little flabbergasted and said I actually had carte blanche with the menu. If I wanted to order one of everything, then I could do so, no problem! I decided to not be THAT greedy, and stuck to the 7 course meal option. I chose 3 starters, 2 seafoods, one meat and one dessert. I cannot even describe how exquisite the food was... The scallops were cooked perfectly, the risotto is by far the absolute best I have ever had in my life, the lamb was so tender...! I pushed myself through the 5th course and was unable to make it all the way through the 6th (not for lack of trying)! I certainly found it in me to get halfway through dessert though - the Tahitian Black pearl which was a pearlescent chocolate ball with amazing surprises contained inside! My biggest mistake was eating here at the start of my Polynesian visit as no other restaurants on the islands I visited could hold a candle to this place! The bar was set too high!

Reviewed March 23, 2018

Sat on the patio with a bottle of wine and watched the sunset with beautiful views of Moorea. As the darkness moved in we moved to our table in the dinning room and had a very good meal. The service was good and what you would expect in a venue of this caliber. The restaurant was a little difficult to find driving there on our own, but it was worth the trouble finding it. The restaurant is not inexpensive but if you are looking for fine dinning and price isn't an object, try it out. I don't think you will be disappointed. We weren't.

Date of visit: March 2018
CocosTahiti, Responsable relations publiques at Le Coco's, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2018

Ia orana Mahlon R,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. We are always working hard to reach the Excellence and create unforgettable memories to our guests.

We look forward to welcome you again for another beautiful sunset and culinary journey.

Sunny regards from Tahiti,

Restaurant Le Coco's

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

Lets say you just spent a week in some wonderful water-bungalows in Bora Bora or five days at the Brando like we did. You fly into Papeete for the last night because you have to to catch the morning flight. You check into the intercontinental hotel, which is kind of a dive, and look at your wife’s face and think how do we salvage our last night in Tahiti. The answer is easy book dinner at Le coco!!!! I think they serve from 7pm but show up at 6 ish for the sunset. You can order a bottle of wine and sit in the garden watching the sun set over morea...The meal we had was great and the service at the place was great as well. For not an outlandish cost you have saved your last night in Tahiti...

Date of visit: March 2018
CocosTahiti, Responsable relations publiques at Le Coco's, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2018

Ia orana,

Thank you very much of your lovely comment. We are more than pleased to read that we saved your last night in our beautiful country!
We are working hard to strive for Excellence, this is why your comments are always welcome and a way to improve ourself.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you for another amazing evening.

Sunny regards from Tahiti

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Having been recommended as the best restaurant in the island, we had concierge make a reservation for us. The location is very nice and our table was great! Right next to the windows so you can hear the crashing waves. Upon arriving we were told it was “earth day” and therefore they were turning the lights off. We thought it was strange but also what a great opportunity for a very romantic candle light dinner, had they had more candles,,,we had to use the light from our phones to see the plates; forget the food; even the waiter asked for our phone light as she bumped the wine bottle against the glasses in trying to pour. Not romantic nor enjoyable. We were told it would be for one hour however an hour and a half later we were still in the dark. The waitress had disappeared and the on
Y ones left were two other guests, the bartender and ourselves. We had to get up and go to the front to find him so we could pay our bill, in the dark, and call a cab. I ordered the cod which was tasteless. My husband ordered the filet medium but it wasn’t cooked that way. The wine was terrific. I wished for a better experience and hope it was just a day “off” for them.

Date of visit: February 2018

Ia orana,

We are terribly sorry to hear that your dinner at Coco's was not up to your expectations.
We do apologize if you didn't enjoy the "Earth Hour", which we organized in partnership with a local association and take your advise about our future events of this type.

We are hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you again to give you a dining experience up to our reputation.

Sunny regards from Tahiti,