“Fantastique!”

Cuisines: Diner, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Some of the best food I have ever enjoyed. Enjoying a tasty 4 course dinner while listening to the crashing waves was a delightful way to enjoy the first night in Tahiti. The Black Pearl dessert was the most unique desert ever enjoyed. I won't ruin the surprise we had with that, you'll have to go there and order it to know what I mean.

1  Thank Patrick C

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Get your wallet ready for a really expensive meal, but at the same time a superb one. Including tax and service starters were $50, mains $65 and desserts $35. WOW> But once you get over this shock you will have a superb meal, in a beautiful relaxed colonial setting with very good service

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Pretty great meals here! Everyone seems to rave about all the dishes. They are tasty, big & the place is cute...a sand floor!!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

The restaurant is nice compared to most on the island. Request a seat by the ocean if it is raining or one outside of it is raining. It was wonderful to hear and watch the waves crashing.

Food vs Price
The food was very good; however, portions are extremely small, and the price is $$$$. Dinner for two with one cocktail and tip was $450. For this kind of money I expect a lot more. Although presentation and the quality was good. We had the 7 course tasting menu including Fois Gras and black truffles (the truffles appeared to be actual fresh black winter truffles). These were promised in different islands in French Polynesia; however, this was the first time they were delivered. In other restaurants in French Polynesia they stated "fresh truffles" and used canned or bottled truffles. Overall I felt the food was very good the portions were very small and the price was extremely high. Not a great value for the money compared to what I am used to spending in New York and Rio De Janeiro where I spend a lot of time.

Service was lacking and slow. There were attentive when you asked for something; however, a two hour dinner became three hours due to slow service. The wait stuff was French and French Polynesian and extremely friendly and helpful. The speed of the service was typical for the island and what I expected this far in to my trip. The only place I had excellent service was the St Regis in Bora Bora.

Overall
We were staying at the Intercontinental and had just checked and wanted to book Le Lotus within the hotel. We were refused due to them being overbooked. I was a bit upset because it was my wife's birthday and I didn't book in advance; however, it is rare that you have to book a hotel restaurant in advance. I would have preferred Le Lotus; however, Le Coco's is a true "French" fine dining experience. You will leave satisfied but the wallet may hurt a bit.

Location
15 minutes from the Intercontinental was $70 round trip adding to the cost of the bill. If you rented a car which I suggest you do you can save that cost.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Le Coco's is trying to play in culinary top league but can't live up to that standard. Food was ok, not great. Service was ok , but not great. Overall it was just ok & for just ok it is very pricey. I would definitely not go back again.

3  Thank Yiukohah