For our short stay in Tahiti, we wanted a hotel that was reasonably close to both Papeete and the airport. After doing some research on the web, we decided to go for the Manava Suite Resort in Punaauia, which is located about 15 minutes from the town centre. The location was good (but if you want to be even closer, you may want to consider the Intercontinental which is literally 5 minutes from the airport) and all together we were quite happy with the hotel.
I suggest you do not book a transfer from the airport, as going there by cab is much cheaper (it is about 2,350 xpf at night and 1,750 xpf during the day, plus 100 xpf per suitcase). No fear of getting scammed, as these are all fixed prices and there is a printout with the tariffs for various destinations at the taxi stand. Keep in mind that if you need a cab very early in the morning (or at night), the prices will be slightly higher.
The Manava has a very nice reception area, modern and smart looking, with a big round fountain in the middle. Checking in was smooth and easy.
Some rooms have views over the lagoon (and Moorea). We did not care about the view, so we booked a Garden Suite which was perfect for us. It had a small equipped kitchenette, a bathroom, a living room with a double sofa bed for the kids and a separate bedroom for us.
We also had a big terrace overlooking the lush gardens.
The room facilities were a bit run down (the walls were dirty and the shower a little mouldy in the corners) and I would not stay here for a full holiday, but it is clean and comfortable enough and I do recommend it for a couple of nights.
The hotel also has free internet via a normal LAN cable so it is good if you are carrying a laptop. Since we had our laptop we did not ask about wireless but it did not appear that they provided free wireless internet.
The hotel has a nice infinity pool with views of Moorea, and a spa which we did not have time to use.
There are also 2 bars and a restaurant (the food was amazing and the reasonably priced for Tahiti). There are also some food trucks (roulottes) just opposite the hotel. We did not try them, but one of the cab drivers we had, highly recommended them.
There is also free parking under the hotel, which was great for us, as we rented a car and did not have to worry about overnight parking.
All together a good place to stay for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian decor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsClick, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia