We just returned from Tahiti and Bora Bora. Although it was short stay in Tahiti we did a lot, after arriving late, Marama tours was waiting at Faaa International airport for transfer to Manava Suite Resort everything went smoothly. Check-in was easy and our room (Lagoon Studio overlooking infinity pool, ocean, Moorea Island was lovely). The next morning began with a somewhat spendy buffet breakfast roughly $32.00 U.S. and 30,000 francs for the usual American fare (eggs, bacon, sausage etc.).
If you're in need of cash(dollars to francs) don't exchange at hotel the rate of return is far less than what you would get at a bank (Passport required to exchange money at bank). After that business was taken care of, we booked two excursions with hotel concierage. Half-day circle island tour w/Marama Tours our driver Trevor was a very nice guy. He explained about the history and plantlife of the island. Later in the afternoon, we booked a helicopter tour with Tahiti Helicopters $589 for two. Our pilot, (Can't remember his name Sorry!) gave us a memorable flight. 15 min. tour was 20 min. He needed to scope out a work site in the Tahiti mountains (our lucky day). After returning to Manava Resort, we enjoyed the beautiful Infinity pool largest in Tahiti (caution: pool bar mixed drinks were $20.00 ea.). A word of advice, eat dinner from the local roulettes (catering trucks) the food is very good and the price is reasonable compared to the resort. After 5 or 6 pm, walk (NW) up the road from the resort, the first truck you'll see on the right side of the road. About 200 yards further up the road (left side) more trucks (roulettes) gather in the marina parking lot locals and tourists were enjoying the local fare. Overall, our experience at the Manava Suite resort was very enjoyable and would definitely recommend to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti promises to be the premier Papeete resort for business and leisure travelers alike, offering 121 guest rooms ranging from rooms to multi-bedroom duplex suites and Manava Suites. Consistent with the South Pacific Management portfolio and decorated by Tahitian architect/designer Bruno Hervochon, all guestrooms will reflect authentic Polynesian decor, while still offering contemporary amenities and the comfort of home. With state-of-the-art technology and in-suite kitchen quarters, each room offer a luxurious, well-appointed home base for travelers of all kinds, from business travelers staying for a week, to leisure travelers en route to the outer islands. The resort encompasses five separate buildings, with the first housing the reception area, restaurant, meeting rooms and 12 guest rooms, and the additional four housing 109 suites on 3 floors. In addition, the resort features two bars, a restaurant, a fitness centre, a spa & beauty centre and the island’s largest infinity swimming pool facing the lagoon and nearby island of Moorea. The Manava Suite Resort Tahiti is located in the island’s northwestern region, in the community of Punaauia, conveniently located five minutes from Faa’a International Airport and ten minutes from the city center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manava Suite Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Hotel Punaauia
- Manava Suite Hotel Tahiti
- Manava Suite Resort Tahiti Punaauia